The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Patients on Keytruda or Opdivo Sought for Survey

Forums General Melanoma Community Patients on Keytruda or Opdivo Sought for Survey

Participant

Hello all,

The Melanoma Network of Canada (MNC) is urgently seeking patient input into a survey regarding the latest Anti-PD1 therapies and patient experiences. Patients from the US and Canada are encouraged to participate and particularly patients treated with either Nivolumab (MDX 1106) or Pembrolizumab (MK 3475). Please click on the link below to access our survey. 

The survey information will be used to help support patient the case coverage of these therapies so patients do not have to pay out of pocket in Canada.  Because of the small number of patients in Canada that were enrolled in the clinical trials, we are also asking patients in the US if they will lend a hand to share their experience with either drug by answering a few simple questions. Deadline for response in April 15th. MNC thanks you for you help in supporting access for all patients with this dreadful disease. Any inquiries may be directed to us at 1-877-560-8035

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Pebmro-Nivo_survey

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        arthurjedi007
        Participant

Question 5 doesn't seem right. It is claiming I receive keytruda via a pill. I do not and don't know anyone who does. It is an iv just like opdivo. Sooo I'm not sure how to proceed on this survey.

Artie

arthurjedi007
          Participant

Question 5 doesn't seem right. It is claiming I receive keytruda via a pill. I do not and don't know anyone who does. It is an iv just like opdivo. Sooo I'm not sure how to proceed on this survey.

Artie

arthurjedi007
            Participant

Artie

ed williams
              Participant

Hi Annette, to my knowledge the only access to Nivolumab in Ontario, Canada was part of the phase 3 trial that started 14months ago. I was lucky enough to get into the study which has 3 arms ipi, ipi +nivo, or just nivo. We don't know for sure which arm we are in and therefore it would be hard to answer your survey. I am not aware of any other trials in Canada that had Nivo available before this one. Not 100% sure on that one.  The only way to know which drug or drugs you recieved, is if your oncologist had to take you off the study due to complications. There were 5 patients in Ottawa at the start, last January, and we are now down to 3 at present. I think both had issues with Diarrhea. Wishing you the best. Ed

ed williams
                Participant

Hi Annette, to my knowledge the only access to Nivolumab in Ontario, Canada was part of the phase 3 trial that started 14months ago. I was lucky enough to get into the study which has 3 arms ipi, ipi +nivo, or just nivo. We don't know for sure which arm we are in and therefore it would be hard to answer your survey. I am not aware of any other trials in Canada that had Nivo available before this one. Not 100% sure on that one.  The only way to know which drug or drugs you recieved, is if your oncologist had to take you off the study due to complications. There were 5 patients in Ottawa at the start, last January, and we are now down to 3 at present. I think both had issues with Diarrhea. Wishing you the best. Ed

ed williams
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics