The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Pain with Keytruda

Forums General Melanoma Community Pain with Keytruda

Participant

Hi, I have been having increasing pain in my  maxillary sinus, my upper plate, my scullbase, side of my eye and the ear, in fact where my tumors are. I have my seventh dose of Keytruda next week. Can T-cells invading the tumor have anything to do with the pain? Pain would be much more bearable if it was. I am taking LYRICA, but it does not help.

Inger

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        arthurjedi007
        Participant

Yes it can. The tcells can be invading the tumors which is good. But that can be causing them to swell. Having tumors in such spots can be causing the increased size to press on things causing pain. At least that's my opinion. Make sure to check with your doc but that could be what's happening. Hang in there. Good luck.

Artie

arthurjedi007
          Participant

Yes it can. The tcells can be invading the tumors which is good. But that can be causing them to swell. Having tumors in such spots can be causing the increased size to press on things causing pain. At least that's my opinion. Make sure to check with your doc but that could be what's happening. Hang in there. Good luck.

Artie

arthurjedi007
            Participant

Artie

kylez
              Participant

If I had those symptoms I would be checking in with my doctor. Don't want to freak you out in the least. But I would be banging down the door to see if the doc thought I should have an MRI. 

Mat
                  Participant

Agree with Kyle.  See my posts from this summer.

Mat
                    Participant

Mat
                      Participant

kylez
                      Participant

If I had those symptoms I would be checking in with my doctor. Don't want to freak you out in the least. But I would be banging down the door to see if the doc thought I should have an MRI. 

kylez
                        Participant

Ninniditti
                          Participant

Thank you for your answers. My pain has been there for a long time (more than a year) but last MRI showed a tiny shrinkage in one tumor and stable in another. When I began taking the  painkiller Pregabalin my pain has become worse. I suppose that Keytruda is not working. I wil have a new MR in december. 

Ninniditti
                            Participant

Thank you for your answers. My pain has been there for a long time (more than a year) but last MRI showed a tiny shrinkage in one tumor and stable in another. When I began taking the  painkiller Pregabalin my pain has become worse. I suppose that Keytruda is not working. I wil have a new MR in december. 

Ninniditti
                              Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics