The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Out of the study

Forums General Melanoma Community Out of the study

Participant

Hello all!

I have been in a study nivo/dacarbazine for 12 weeks now. I have hoped that I got nivo but my new MR showed progress so I am out of the study. My MM is in sinus maxillaris and masseter, upper yaw, palatine bone are involved and its growing next to the scullbase. I have had max radiation in this area a few years ago when my MM first started in my nose cavity. So radiation nor surgery is an option. Probably I will get ipi now. I have been told that I will never know which arm I was in. If MM proceed they assume I got dacarbazine. I am quite upset and depressed now but feel a lot of comfort visiting this forum. 

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

So sorry, Inger. I would feel really sad and upset, too!!  There are many folks on this forum with good results on ipi and I am wishing that for you as well.  Hang in there!  Yours, Celeste

tschmith
            Participant

I too am sorry this has happened to you.  Hopefully the FDA will approve Nivo soon.  I know we're all wishing for that.  Praying that another and better door will open for you.

Terrie

tschmith
              Participant

I too am sorry this has happened to you.  Hopefully the FDA will approve Nivo soon.  I know we're all wishing for that.  Praying that another and better door will open for you.

Terrie

tschmith
                Participant

Terrie

Bubbles
                Participant

So sorry, Inger. I would feel really sad and upset, too!!  There are many folks on this forum with good results on ipi and I am wishing that for you as well.  Hang in there!  Yours, Celeste

Bubbles
                  Participant

page85
                    Participant

Inger, You are right, this support group is TOPS for making one feel better.  I had no idea MM could affect one in the nasal cavity.  Are you in a lot of pain?  Does this affect your breathing?  Are you on an oxygen machine?  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

page85
                      Participant

Inger, You are right, this support group is TOPS for making one feel better.  I had no idea MM could affect one in the nasal cavity.  Are you in a lot of pain?  Does this affect your breathing?  Are you on an oxygen machine?  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

page85
                        Participant

Jahendry12
                          Participant

We are all here for you. Hang in there and try to stay positive!

Jahendry12
                            Participant

Jahendry12
                              Participant

Ninniditti
                                Participant

I have mucosal melanoma in my right nosecavity which has spread to my left sinus. I have pain especially in my left upper yaw but all the space from my upper yaw to the eyes can ace. I use painkillers. It was more easy to endure the pain when I was hoping I got PD-1in the study. Now I feel miserable and can't feel much hope but I feel comfort by your answes. 

Ninniditti
                                  Participant

I have mucosal melanoma in my right nosecavity which has spread to my left sinus. I have pain especially in my left upper yaw but all the space from my upper yaw to the eyes can ace. I use painkillers. It was more easy to endure the pain when I was hoping I got PD-1in the study. Now I feel miserable and can't feel much hope but I feel comfort by your answes. 

Ninniditti
                                    Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics