The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

On Zelboraf. Pain in right shoulder blade. Thoughts?

Forums General Melanoma Community On Zelboraf. Pain in right shoulder blade. Thoughts?

Participant

I have been on Z since Feb 2013 with only one "holiday" from the med.  liver met shrank from 4cm to 2.2 from Feb to Apri while on met. Have been having the joint pain associated with Z since the beginning. Yesterday afternoon started having some mild discomfort in my right shoulder blade exascerbated when I take a deep or semi deep breath.  Go worse as the night wore on.  Now sharp pain on deep breath.  Has anyone had the joint pain in your shoulder blade or do you think it could be something else?

I have been on Z since Feb 2013 with only one "holiday" from the med.  liver met shrank from 4cm to 2.2 from Feb to Apri while on met. Have been having the joint pain associated with Z since the beginning. Yesterday afternoon started having some mild discomfort in my right shoulder blade exascerbated when I take a deep or semi deep breath.  Go worse as the night wore on.  Now sharp pain on deep breath.  Has anyone had the joint pain in your shoulder blade or do you think it could be something else?

I had some small nodules in lungs on scans in Feb and April.  no change in April. Too small to call mass. No PET yet to see if they show up hot. Also, have lytic lesions on spine. One causing fractured verterbrae.  Had radiation on it Sept 2012. Have not had any pain from fracture in couple months.

Do you think this is just from Z or could it be lung mets or bone mets? I figured I would give it a couple days and see if it got better like the joint pain from the Z does; if not, then I go see my Oncologist. Thought I would ask you guys in meantime.

Thanks in advance.

Becky in Alabama

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

Been on "Z" for over 20 months and any joint pain is minor.As far as having pain while taking deep breaths it is something that I would definitely have  checked out. At least for peace of mind or more agressive treatment if God forbid  it is more serious. Prayers sent your way. Beat the Beast.   Al

NYKaren
            Participant
              Hi Becky,
              I’ve had plenty of joint pain from Zel, but nothing at all like you describe. Like Al said, you should have it checked. Please let us know.
              Karen
              NYKaren
              Participant
                Hi Becky,
                I’ve had plenty of joint pain from Zel, but nothing at all like you describe. Like Al said, you should have it checked. Please let us know.
                Karen
                NYKaren
                Participant
                  Hi Becky,
                  Karen
                aldakota22
                Participant

Been on "Z" for over 20 months and any joint pain is minor.As far as having pain while taking deep breaths it is something that I would definitely have  checked out. At least for peace of mind or more agressive treatment if God forbid  it is more serious. Prayers sent your way. Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
                  Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics