The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

On Nivo: diarrhea and sleepy?

Forums General Melanoma Community On Nivo: diarrhea and sleepy?

Participant

Hi, I’ve completed 3 Nivo infusions (1 every 4 weeks) and yesterday started what feels like a stomach flu. I have gassy diarrhea. But what I’m more concerned about is that I slept 8 hours last night followed by breakfast for an hour and then a 3 hour nap. Why am I so sleepy? (I’m already on Thyroid meds and hydrocortisone pills for hypophysitis). I see my oncologist on Wednesday at 9am and will contact her tomorrow morning with these details.

For anyone here who has had colitis, were you tired when you experienced it?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        MelanomaMike
        Participant

Hi MovingOn, im Mike nice to meet you, sounds like your just plain "mentaly" exhausted! your gunna feel tired just because that! "and", like yourself, our  Pituitary glands are not functioning properly & guess what that gland works with directly? our Adrenal glands & that gland as you know, controls our natural energy levels  {hence our Hydrocortisone pills to help us along} our other thing we have in common, our Thyroid, that to tends to make us sleepy even after normal 6-10 hour sleeps!…still get checked out though if it persist, you may need to "up" your meds or change to a different type, welcome to immunal therapy, your right on schedule..Mike

kst
          Participant

My colitis started this way.  I would advise you to contact your doc and explain symptoms today if it starts to occur hourly.  I bet your doc would like to know since you are already taking hydrocortisone for hypophysitis.

MovingOn
            Participant

Thank you! Those words of encouragement and validation of symptoms helped me today.

Some Maalox seems to have settled my stomach and halted the diarrhea. I sent my oncologist a

message and I’m sure they will get back to me first thing tomorrow.

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics