The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

NRAS mutation question

Forums General Melanoma Community NRAS mutation question

Participant

My tumors have been genetically tested and I  just have been found to have the NRAS mutation . I would appreciate feedback from  melanoma patients that have been found to have the NRAS expression.Have you been treated with  Mekinist targeting this specific  gene mutation and  were your a responder? What side effects assocoated with that drug have you experienced? Thanks a lot.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Here are many links to treatments that have been studied recently in NRAS mutant melanoma:  http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/search?q=nras  

Within there is info that addresses the use of trametinib as well as binimetinib (both are MEK inhibitors). Perhaps others will chime in with particulars…but maybe this will help.  Celeste

adrianc
            Participant

Thank you for your reply

Scooby123
            Participant

Hi , I am NRAS and was treated with ipi in 2015 50% reduction in all tumours . Had a pet scan 8 weeks ago and found 2 nodes up in chest but no other found from been treated with ipi from when started on treatment. This is new area but was in car accident and since then the nodes in chest came up. Biopsy results nodes contained Mel so treatment needed. 

Ippi side idle effects for me was constipation and rash plus tiredness after treatment.

Good luck in treatment and stay positive.

Scooby❤️

adrianc
                Participant

Thank you, Scooby. How  Ipi was chosen as a treatment and not Mekinist inhibitor ,just curious?

Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics