The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Now I’m Stage IV…and GSK Braf has been pulled???? Help! & Vent-Time.

Forums General Melanoma Community Now I’m Stage IV…and GSK Braf has been pulled???? Help! & Vent-Time.

Participant

Dear Fellow Mellos;

Just talked with VERY helpful folks at Eastabrooke cancer center in Omaha.  They told me the GSK 2118436 B-raf drug trial phase II (NCT 011537630) had been pulled (terminated?) by FDA nationwide.  MDAnderson cannot seem to give me an answer at all.  I waited 5 long weeks for MDA to lemme know i was B-raf positive.  Now my CT scan 2 days ago show 3 Nodules OVER 1 cm. as well as the continued others.  I completed 1 yr. I-feron 3 mths. ago.

Dear Fellow Mellos;

Just talked with VERY helpful folks at Eastabrooke cancer center in Omaha.  They told me the GSK 2118436 B-raf drug trial phase II (NCT 011537630) had been pulled (terminated?) by FDA nationwide.  MDAnderson cannot seem to give me an answer at all.  I waited 5 long weeks for MDA to lemme know i was B-raf positive.  Now my CT scan 2 days ago show 3 Nodules OVER 1 cm. as well as the continued others.  I completed 1 yr. I-feron 3 mths. ago.

Does ANYONE know of a viable active B-raf trial available via GSK, Novartis, Roche, Bayer?, anyplace anywhere?  

I know i could get IPI, but i'm just not too impressed with the stats on it- maybe i'm wrong.  At least the B-raf drugs showed miraculous results- albeit short term;  AND  traditional IL-2 shows Proven long term results on around 10% of people.  I really wanted to do B-raf drug to at least buy some somewhat guaranteed time.

Any suggestions or trial knowledge greatly appreciated!

Love, Shady-Grady.

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Replies
        glewis923
        Participant

These are all  lung nodules BTW.  At least 10 with two 1.1 cm on each side of heart (paracardium) and one .9cm next to diaphram.  all still technically in lungs.

EricNJill
            Participant

I just talked to someone this morning in Philadelpha, PA and they didn't say anything about the GSK Braf trial being pulled.  Don't know if it was the same number though.

EricNJill
              Participant

I just talked to someone this morning in Philadelpha, PA and they didn't say anything about the GSK Braf trial being pulled.  Don't know if it was the same number though.

glewis923
              Participant

These are all  lung nodules BTW.  At least 10 with two 1.1 cm on each side of heart (paracardium) and one .9cm next to diaphram.  all still technically in lungs.

killmel
                Participant

I think that you have the wrong clinical trial number..I googled that number  it does not exit in the data base.

Everyone would be interested in knowing which trial has been pulled.

Please post further/or more info on the trial

Thanks.

good luck with your trial search

glewis923
                    Participant

Sorry:  misstype:  REAL number is:    NCT 01153763

killmel
                      Participant

Thanks for info but I cannot find this trial in data base. Please provide the link to this clinical trial if you have it??? We all apppreicate this info. and you can help us out with the link or more info.

KatyWI
                        Participant

I don't know anything about whether this trial is being terminated or not, but this is the link:

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01153763?term=01153763&rank=1

KatyWI
                          Participant

I don't know anything about whether this trial is being terminated or not, but this is the link:

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01153763?term=01153763&rank=1

killmel
                            Participant

Thanks for info but I cannot find this trial in data base. Please provide the link to this clinical trial if you have it??? We all apppreicate this info. and you can help us out with the link or more info.

glewis923
                              Participant

Sorry:  misstype:  REAL number is:    NCT 01153763

killmel
                              Participant

I think that you have the wrong clinical trial number..I googled that number  it does not exit in the data base.

Everyone would be interested in knowing which trial has been pulled.

Please post further/or more info on the trial

Thanks.

good luck with your trial search

MariaH
                                Participant

I don't know about clinical trials, as David is still stage 3 and NED.  But wanted you to know that we were wondering how you were and wishing you the best and hoping you find a treatment to kick mels a$$!

MariaH
                                  Participant

I don't know about clinical trials, as David is still stage 3 and NED.  But wanted you to know that we were wondering how you were and wishing you the best and hoping you find a treatment to kick mels a$$!

I am on the Roche Braf trial.  Have you looked into this one?  

RO5185426 

http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01006980

I am on vacation right now with my family so I will check back later it you found it.

Love and peace,

Shelly in Switzerland

I am on the Roche Braf trial.  Have you looked into this one?  

RO5185426 

http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01006980

I am on vacation right now with my family so I will check back later it you found it.

Love and peace,

Shelly in Switzerland

I dont know what happened on that message.  I am typing on a keyboard in Italy and it is ALL confusing.  

At the bottom of that blob is the gov. trial number. 

I dont know what happened on that message.  I am typing on a keyboard in Italy and it is ALL confusing.  

At the bottom of that blob is the gov. trial number. 

glewis923
                                      Participant

Thanks Shelly-  Yes I have looked at this one.  However, it is randomised correct?  meaning of course you have a 1/3 or more chance of NOT getting B-raf drug.  I do not like this.  Correct me please if i am wrong- that would be great!

Love from the Swamps,  Grady.

PS- Hoffman/LaRoche has 1 trial in Zurich=  NCT 01164891 ;    US study # NP25158.

Would love to find excuse to go back to Switz.!

glewis923
                                        Participant

Thanks Shelly-  Yes I have looked at this one.  However, it is randomised correct?  meaning of course you have a 1/3 or more chance of NOT getting B-raf drug.  I do not like this.  Correct me please if i am wrong- that would be great!

Love from the Swamps,  Grady.

PS- Hoffman/LaRoche has 1 trial in Zurich=  NCT 01164891 ;    US study # NP25158.

Would love to find excuse to go back to Switz.!

killmel
                                          Participant

Grady where do  you live??? What location site was the BRAF clinical trial you were going to participatebefore it got terminated??????? Who told you the FDA terminated this braf trial???

Has anyone else been told of this FDA termination of this BRAF trial??

killmel
                                            Participant

Grady where do  you live??? What location site was the BRAF clinical trial you were going to participatebefore it got terminated??????? Who told you the FDA terminated this braf trial???

Has anyone else been told of this FDA termination of this BRAF trial??

mrsmarilyn
                                            Participant

Hi There!  Check in with Sara Cannon, Nashville.  My brother is there taking GSK Braf- after nine months doing great!  They also have several other trials starting up.

Best of luck!

MrsMarilyn

sister of Gary Stage (iv)

glewis923
                                                Participant

Thank You MrsMarilyn.  Actually, funny you mention Sarah Cannon- because when i talked with Estabroke in Omaha place to check on the B-raf GSK drug trial- which they did say was cnacelled or no longer available there at least (i know i'm not THAT crazy!)- they, the person in Omaha, recommended S. Cannon as a possibility for trials.

I'm so scared of saying something wrong or misleading at this pt…..but….i would like to ask about your brother, his trial, and perhaps the contact/Dr. that helped you at S. Cannon.  My email is:  [email protected]  if you feel comfortable sending me an "OK" so i could ask some things.   I'm finding out a lot of mixed-up contadictory info. re. the specific NON-randomised trial of GSK drug 2118436  and trial # NCT 01153763.  I assume this is the one your brother is on?

Amy Busby
                                                  Participant

I've talked to the SC people before too and they are very nice.  If you can't find contact info email me and I'll get you some.  I think the 2113458 trials are on hold, or at least not recruiting.  I know when I was on it there were no openings.  I think they opened a combo with that drug w/ a MEK inhibitor.  I was not able to get cleared for it because of my brain mets.  No luck finding a PLX trial that would take me either.  So I am doing the ipi comp. use and hoping for the best.  I started this week in San Antonio.

Good luck and keep me posted on what you find!  I know it's frustrating to not be able to get your hands on it.  I literally felt my tumors decreasing in size after two days – and they almost completely disappeared and stayed gone 8 months.  Short term worth the longer term risk?  For me – you bet.  But hopefully the ipi will do its job and last long enough that the kinase inhibitor problems / complexities can be resolved.

Love,

Amy

glewis923
                                                    Participant

Thanks so much Amy.  I was at MDA on 9-16th and even asked Dr. Wen-Jen Hwu about you – of course they couldn't tell me anything or even acknowledge your existence in this PC/HIPPA/Paranoid world.  Where did old fashion common sense go??  ….like i'm there with probable Stage IV MM, slides, records, and my wife – and i might be a stalker ir something???  anyway, yeah i've been a bit bitchy lately (in a manly way of course).  Ya gotta laugh about things- its the only thing thats kept me alive even before MM!!!

I knew i'd count on you to understand my frustrations…..you otta know, right?!  I hope the best for you re. IPI.  Lemme know how THAT goes as i have contemplated that.  I assume you may be on the trial where it is combined with Tremador?  I'll let ya know about what i "get" from the powers that be….including first and formost God, i reckon.

When you note the "stayed gone 8 months." – what treatment are you refering to?

Love & Take Care-  Grady.

glewis923
                                                      Participant

Thanks so much Amy.  I was at MDA on 9-16th and even asked Dr. Wen-Jen Hwu about you – of course they couldn't tell me anything or even acknowledge your existence in this PC/HIPPA/Paranoid world.  Where did old fashion common sense go??  ….like i'm there with probable Stage IV MM, slides, records, and my wife – and i might be a stalker ir something???  anyway, yeah i've been a bit bitchy lately (in a manly way of course).  Ya gotta laugh about things- its the only thing thats kept me alive even before MM!!!

I knew i'd count on you to understand my frustrations…..you otta know, right?!  I hope the best for you re. IPI.  Lemme know how THAT goes as i have contemplated that.  I assume you may be on the trial where it is combined with Tremador?  I'll let ya know about what i "get" from the powers that be….including first and formost God, i reckon.

When you note the "stayed gone 8 months." – what treatment are you refering to?

Love & Take Care-  Grady.

Amy Busby
                                                        Participant

I've talked to the SC people before too and they are very nice.  If you can't find contact info email me and I'll get you some.  I think the 2113458 trials are on hold, or at least not recruiting.  I know when I was on it there were no openings.  I think they opened a combo with that drug w/ a MEK inhibitor.  I was not able to get cleared for it because of my brain mets.  No luck finding a PLX trial that would take me either.  So I am doing the ipi comp. use and hoping for the best.  I started this week in San Antonio.

Good luck and keep me posted on what you find!  I know it's frustrating to not be able to get your hands on it.  I literally felt my tumors decreasing in size after two days – and they almost completely disappeared and stayed gone 8 months.  Short term worth the longer term risk?  For me – you bet.  But hopefully the ipi will do its job and last long enough that the kinase inhibitor problems / complexities can be resolved.

Love,

Amy

glewis923
                                                          Participant

Thank You MrsMarilyn.  Actually, funny you mention Sarah Cannon- because when i talked with Estabroke in Omaha place to check on the B-raf GSK drug trial- which they did say was cnacelled or no longer available there at least (i know i'm not THAT crazy!)- they, the person in Omaha, recommended S. Cannon as a possibility for trials.

I'm so scared of saying something wrong or misleading at this pt…..but….i would like to ask about your brother, his trial, and perhaps the contact/Dr. that helped you at S. Cannon.  My email is:  [email protected]  if you feel comfortable sending me an "OK" so i could ask some things.   I'm finding out a lot of mixed-up contadictory info. re. the specific NON-randomised trial of GSK drug 2118436  and trial # NCT 01153763.  I assume this is the one your brother is on?

mrsmarilyn
                                                          Participant

Hi There!  Check in with Sara Cannon, Nashville.  My brother is there taking GSK Braf- after nine months doing great!  They also have several other trials starting up.

Best of luck!

MrsMarilyn

sister of Gary Stage (iv)

bill58
                                                            Participant

I did a quick search on the open BRAF trials that are recruiting and found 16 that are recruiting and 1 that is not recruiting.

You may want to look at them to see if you meet any of their criteria.

http://www.clinicalgaltrials.gov

I searchec by Melanoma and BRAF.  Good luck.

Rank Status Study
                                                              1 Not yet recruiting A Study Comparing GSK2118436 to Dacarbazine (DTIC) in Previously Untreated Subjects With BRAF Mutation Positive Advanced (Stage III) or Metastatic (Stage IV) Melanoma.

Conditions: Melanoma;   BRAF Mutant Metastatic Melanoma;   Cancer
                                                              Interventions: Drug: GSK2118436;   Drug: Dacarbazine (DTIC)
                                                              2 Recruiting Study to Determine the Effectiveness of GSK1120212 in BRAF Mutation-positive Melanoma Previously Treated With or Without a BRAF Inhibitor

Conditions: Melanoma;   Cancer
                                                              Intervention: Drug: GSK1120212
                                                              3 Recruiting A Study of GSK2118436 in BRAF Mutant Metastatic Melanoma

Conditions: Melanoma;   BRAF Mutant Metastatic Melanoma
                                                              Intervention: Drug: GSK2118436
                                                              4 Recruiting Investigate Safety, Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of GSK2118436 & GSK1120212

Condition: Cancer
                                                              Interventions: Drug: GSK2118436;   Drug: GSK1120212
                                                              5 Recruiting Temsirolimus/AZD 6244 for Treatment-naive With BRAF Mutant Unresectable Stage IV

Condition: Melanoma
                                                              Interventions: Drug: CCI-779;   Drug: AZD6244
                                                              6 Recruiting A Study of RO5212054 (PLX3603) in Patients With BRAF V600-mutated Advanced Solid Tumours

Condition: Colorectal Cancer, Malignant Melanoma, Neoplasms
                                                              Intervention: Drug: RO5212054
                                                              7 Recruiting A Phase I Study to Investigate the Safety, Pharmacokinetics, and Pharmacodynamics of GSK2118436 in Subjects With Solid Tumors

Conditions: Melanoma;   Solid Tumor Cancer;   Cancer
                                                              Interventions: Drug: GSK2118436;   Drug: Midazolam
                                                              8 Recruiting MEK Inhibitor AZD6244 in Treating Patients With Stage III or Stage IV Melanoma

Condition: Melanoma (Skin)
                                                              Interventions: Drug: MEK inhibitor AZD6244;   Genetic: gene expression analysis;   Genetic: mutation analysis;   Genetic: nucleic acid sequencing;   Other: immunohistochemistry staining method;   Other: laboratory biomarker analysis;   Other: matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time of flight mass spectrometry
                                                              9 Recruiting A Study of RO5185426 in Comparison With Dacarbazine in Previously Untreated Patients With Metastatic Melanoma

Condition: Malignant Melanoma
                                                              Interventions: Drug: RO5185426;   Drug: dacarbazine
                                                              10 Recruiting Genetic Risk Factors and Acquired Oncogenic Mutations of Melanoma

Intervention:  
                                                              11 Recruiting A Study to Evaluate RAF265, an Oral Drug Administered to Subjects With Locally Advanced or Metastatic Melanoma

Condition: Metastatic Melanoma
                                                              Intervention: Drug: RAF265
                                                              12 Recruiting AZD6244 in Cancers With BRAF Mutations

Condition: BRAF Mutation Cancer
                                                              Intervention: Drug: AZD6244
                                                              13 Recruiting Study of TAK-733 in Adult Patients With Advanced Nonhematologic Malignancies

Conditions: Advanced Non-hematologic Malignancies;   Advanced Metastatic Melanoma
                                                              Intervention: Drug: TAK-733
                                                              14 Recruiting An Open-Label, 2-Cohort, Multicenter, Study of E7080 in Previously Treated Subjects With Unresectable Stage III or Stage IV Melanoma

Condition: Unresectable Stage III or Stage IV Melanoma
                                                              Intervention: Drug: E7080
                                                              15 Recruiting Study of Tumor Tissue Samples From Patients With Stage I, Stage II, or Stage III Malignant Melanoma

Interventions: Genetic: gene expression analysis;   Genetic: polymerase chain reaction;   Genetic: polymorphism analysis;   Other: matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time of flight mass spectrometry;   Other: medical chart review
                                                              16 Recruiting Study of XL281 in Adults With Solid Tumors

Conditions: Cancer;   Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer;   Colorectal Cancer;   Papillary Thyroid Cancer;   Melanoma
                                                              Interventions: Drug: XL281;   Drug: famotidine
                                                              17 Not yet recruiting Genetic Identification (ID) of Segmental Dysplastic Nevi

Condition: Segmental Dysplastic Nevi
                                                              Intervention: Procedure: Punch Biopsy
                                                              bill58
                                                              Participant

I did a quick search on the open BRAF trials that are recruiting and found 16 that are recruiting and 1 that is not recruiting.

You may want to look at them to see if you meet any of their criteria.

http://www.clinicalgaltrials.gov

I searchec by Melanoma and BRAF.  Good luck.

Rank Status Study
                                                                1 Not yet recruiting A Study Comparing GSK2118436 to Dacarbazine (DTIC) in Previously Untreated Subjects With BRAF Mutation Positive Advanced (Stage III) or Metastatic (Stage IV) Melanoma.

Conditions: Melanoma;   BRAF Mutant Metastatic Melanoma;   Cancer
                                                                Interventions: Drug: GSK2118436;   Drug: Dacarbazine (DTIC)
                                                                2 Recruiting Study to Determine the Effectiveness of GSK1120212 in BRAF Mutation-positive Melanoma Previously Treated With or Without a BRAF Inhibitor

Conditions: Melanoma;   Cancer
                                                                Intervention: Drug: GSK1120212
                                                                3 Recruiting A Study of GSK2118436 in BRAF Mutant Metastatic Melanoma

Conditions: Melanoma;   BRAF Mutant Metastatic Melanoma
                                                                Intervention: Drug: GSK2118436
                                                                4 Recruiting Investigate Safety, Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of GSK2118436 & GSK1120212

Condition: Cancer
                                                                Interventions: Drug: GSK2118436;   Drug: GSK1120212
                                                                5 Recruiting Temsirolimus/AZD 6244 for Treatment-naive With BRAF Mutant Unresectable Stage IV

Interventions: Drug: CCI-779;   Drug: AZD6244
                                                                6 Recruiting A Study of RO5212054 (PLX3603) in Patients With BRAF V600-mutated Advanced Solid Tumours

Condition: Colorectal Cancer, Malignant Melanoma, Neoplasms
                                                                Intervention: Drug: RO5212054
                                                                7 Recruiting A Phase I Study to Investigate the Safety, Pharmacokinetics, and Pharmacodynamics of GSK2118436 in Subjects With Solid Tumors

Conditions: Melanoma;   Solid Tumor Cancer;   Cancer
                                                                Interventions: Drug: GSK2118436;   Drug: Midazolam
                                                                8 Recruiting MEK Inhibitor AZD6244 in Treating Patients With Stage III or Stage IV Melanoma

Interventions: Drug: MEK inhibitor AZD6244;   Genetic: gene expression analysis;   Genetic: mutation analysis;   Genetic: nucleic acid sequencing;   Other: immunohistochemistry staining method;   Other: laboratory biomarker analysis;   Other: matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time of flight mass spectrometry
                                                                9 Recruiting A Study of RO5185426 in Comparison With Dacarbazine in Previously Untreated Patients With Metastatic Melanoma

Condition: Malignant Melanoma
                                                                Interventions: Drug: RO5185426;   Drug: dacarbazine
                                                                10 Recruiting Genetic Risk Factors and Acquired Oncogenic Mutations of Melanoma

Intervention:  
                                                                11 Recruiting A Study to Evaluate RAF265, an Oral Drug Administered to Subjects With Locally Advanced or Metastatic Melanoma

Condition: Metastatic Melanoma
                                                                Intervention: Drug: RAF265
                                                                12 Recruiting AZD6244 in Cancers With BRAF Mutations

Condition: BRAF Mutation Cancer
                                                                Intervention: Drug: AZD6244
                                                                13 Recruiting Study of TAK-733 in Adult Patients With Advanced Nonhematologic Malignancies

Conditions: Advanced Non-hematologic Malignancies;   Advanced Metastatic Melanoma
                                                                Intervention: Drug: TAK-733
                                                                14 Recruiting An Open-Label, 2-Cohort, Multicenter, Study of E7080 in Previously Treated Subjects With Unresectable Stage III or Stage IV Melanoma

Condition: Unresectable Stage III or Stage IV Melanoma
                                                                Intervention: Drug: E7080
                                                                15 Recruiting Study of Tumor Tissue Samples From Patients With Stage I, Stage II, or Stage III Malignant Melanoma

Interventions: Genetic: gene expression analysis;   Genetic: polymerase chain reaction;   Genetic: polymorphism analysis;   Other: matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time of flight mass spectrometry;   Other: medical chart review
                                                                16 Recruiting Study of XL281 in Adults With Solid Tumors

Conditions: Cancer;   Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer;   Colorectal Cancer;   Papillary Thyroid Cancer;   Melanoma
                                                                Interventions: Drug: XL281;   Drug: famotidine
                                                                17 Not yet recruiting Genetic Identification (ID) of Segmental Dysplastic Nevi

Condition: Segmental Dysplastic Nevi
                                                                Intervention: Procedure: Punch Biopsy
                                                                P Brown
                                                                Participant

Shady,

If you are in the Midwest, you only need to go up the road.    Dr. Kahanic at Sioux City is doing the Braf trial, a phase 1 so you get the drug.    June Nylen clinic.   My wife was on it until she had new growth.  

Paul

P Brown
                                                                  Participant

Shady,

If you are in the Midwest, you only need to go up the road.    Dr. Kahanic at Sioux City is doing the Braf trial, a phase 1 so you get the drug.    June Nylen clinic.   My wife was on it until she had new growth.  

Paul

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics