The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Not Really an Update…just Hi and Thanks!

Forums General Melanoma Community Not Really an Update…just Hi and Thanks!

Participant

All – Thanks for the continued support.  The last week I've been very tired – hopefully its the chemo working..but, who knows.  My Asitis (the fluid in the abdomen) is manageable but uncomfortable.  I LOOK like I'm 8 months pregnant!  How strange to be feeling like its birth, when its not!  We won't know until another week if the chemo worked to beat this back, a bit.  Its just a waiting and comfort game right now.  My son, Eli, is AMAZING.  He's doing very well and my Mom is here (his Nana!) for as long as it takes.  My sisters v

All – Thanks for the continued support.  The last week I've been very tired – hopefully its the chemo working..but, who knows.  My Asitis (the fluid in the abdomen) is manageable but uncomfortable.  I LOOK like I'm 8 months pregnant!  How strange to be feeling like its birth, when its not!  We won't know until another week if the chemo worked to beat this back, a bit.  Its just a waiting and comfort game right now.  My son, Eli, is AMAZING.  He's doing very well and my Mom is here (his Nana!) for as long as it takes.  My sisters visited for the weekend.  We had a very good time listening to music from our youth (and Smothers Brothers – love them!).  So, things are ok right now…I'm very tired and suspect my blood work tomorrow will show I need a transfusion.  Don't know if this downhill is Chemo…or the big downhill.  Just waiting and trying to enjoy every minute of every day…even though I can't do much. 

Thanks for ALL of your wonderful support and kind words and thoughts and prayers.  Its nice knowing you're all out there and that many of you are stil beating this.  Oh…don't know if I shared I'm BRAF neg…they're triple checking, tho….we'll see. 

Keep positive and keep fighting.  I firmly believe the body KNOWS when its time to stop fighting….I haven't gotten there yet…but, I'm not afraid to get there if necessary.  I will just listen to my body and implore it to handle this "load" – this "tumor burden" as best as possible for everybody concerned.  We'll see.  I'll try to post more when I know more (PET on the 22nd)…results a few days after.  – Shari

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        FormerCaregiver
        Participant

Thanks for the updated news on your condition. Hope that the chemo will be effective and
          that you will continue to improve. I admire your positive attitude and courage.

You are in my prayers.

Frank from Australia

Lisa13
            Participant

Thanks for letting us know how you're doing. 

Fatigue is one of the big symptoms of chemo – it wreaks havoc on both red and white blood cells which is why most people feel so tired on it.  I hope the chemo is effective as well and makes things better.

Thinking of you

Lisa

Vermont_Donna
              Participant

Hi ShariC,

I am glad you posted about how you are feeling. I think you have a positive, hopeful attitude. I also think that its good your mom is there to help you and be there for you and your son. You are blessed!

I am BRAF negative too. It does rule out some treatments for us but not all, so dont give up hope!! Ipi has worked for me, and I am thankful for that.

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

Vermont_Donna
                Participant

Hi ShariC,

I am glad you posted about how you are feeling. I think you have a positive, hopeful attitude. I also think that its good your mom is there to help you and be there for you and your son. You are blessed!

I am BRAF negative too. It does rule out some treatments for us but not all, so dont give up hope!! Ipi has worked for me, and I am thankful for that.

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

Lisa13
                  Participant

Thanks for letting us know how you're doing. 

Fatigue is one of the big symptoms of chemo – it wreaks havoc on both red and white blood cells which is why most people feel so tired on it.  I hope the chemo is effective as well and makes things better.

Thinking of you

Lisa

FormerCaregiver
                  Participant

Thanks for the updated news on your condition. Hope that the chemo will be effective and
                    that you will continue to improve. I admire your positive attitude and courage.

You are in my prayers.

Frank from Australia

nicoli
                    Participant

My biochemo cause severe fatigue. Also, some chemos causes the thyroid to slow down and you may want a thyroid test. My thyroid supplement had to be doubled when I was on chemo.

Hang in there, it ain't ove till it's over and I don't think it's over!!

Nicki, Stage 3b

nicoli
                      Participant

My biochemo cause severe fatigue. Also, some chemos causes the thyroid to slow down and you may want a thyroid test. My thyroid supplement had to be doubled when I was on chemo.

Hang in there, it ain't ove till it's over and I don't think it's over!!

Nicki, Stage 3b

Teodora

Hang in there,Shari.

1.Do not panic.

2. Never give up.

3.Always remember the first 2 rules.

Melanoma is a head game.You have to stay strong and focused and be a real trooper to outsmart it.I hope the docs can  help too.Your son will  be so proud what a fighter his mom is.

Sending your way positive thoughts and prayers.

Teodora

Carol Taylor
                            Participant

We're all praying and pulling for you, Shari! Hugs to Eli & Mom, you too!

Lord, in Your mercy. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

boot2aboot
                              Participant

Shari,

All with be well…expect a miracle

Great Spirit
                                Your order surrounds and fills the world around me. 
                                Even when what is going on in my life and my awareness seem to the contrary, 

I trust that there is Your order in my life. 

As my inner most wisdom guides me in the present moment.

Your knowing spirit goes before me to make any bump in the road smooth. 

I trust, I listen within,  I am mindfully attentive to my responsibilities. 

Thank You, Spirit, for Your divine order moving through all areas of my life.
                                Thank you for the trust I might need to embrace all that is.
                                It is so, it is so, it is so….

HO

boots
                                boot2aboot
                                Participant

Shari,

All with be well…expect a miracle

Great Spirit
                                  Your order surrounds and fills the world around me. 
                                  Even when what is going on in my life and my awareness seem to the contrary, 

I trust that there is Your order in my life. 

As my inner most wisdom guides me in the present moment.

Your knowing spirit goes before me to make any bump in the road smooth. 

I trust, I listen within,  I am mindfully attentive to my responsibilities. 

Thank You, Spirit, for Your divine order moving through all areas of my life.
                                  Thank you for the trust I might need to embrace all that is.
                                  It is so, it is so, it is so….

HO

boots
                                  Carol Taylor
                                  Participant

We're all praying and pulling for you, Shari! Hugs to Eli & Mom, you too!

Lord, in Your mercy. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Teodora

Hang in there,Shari.

1.Do not panic.

2. Never give up.

3.Always remember the first 2 rules.

Melanoma is a head game.You have to stay strong and focused and be a real trooper to outsmart it.I hope the docs can  help too.Your son will  be so proud what a fighter his mom is.

Sending your way positive thoughts and prayers.

Teodora

Sherron
                                    Participant

Shari,

Thinking of you, sending you hugs,love and prayers…Please keep us posted on your condition.  I hope  you are not in a lot pain in the stomach area.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife of Jim FOREVER

Sherron
                                      Participant

Shari,

Thinking of you, sending you hugs,love and prayers…Please keep us posted on your condition.  I hope  you are not in a lot pain in the stomach area.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife of Jim FOREVER

RMcLegal
                                        Participant

I'm sure hoping the chemo round gets things under control, and I know you're in good hands with Dr. Gonzalez.  I haven't walked in your shoes and I don't know if I could muster up as good of an attitude as you seem to have.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  Rich

RMcLegal
                                          Participant

I'm sure hoping the chemo round gets things under control, and I know you're in good hands with Dr. Gonzalez.  I haven't walked in your shoes and I don't know if I could muster up as good of an attitude as you seem to have.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  Rich

Viewing 9 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics