The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Night Sweats & ipilimumab

Forums General Melanoma Community Night Sweats & ipilimumab

Participant

Happy New Year, everyone! Stage III warrior here with a quick question. I am going through the maintence phase of the ipilimumab/placebo trial and just completed another treatment about a week ago. I've had this reaction before; however, it's a bit more intense this time and about 2 weeks early: Night sweats.

Happy New Year, everyone! Stage III warrior here with a quick question. I am going through the maintence phase of the ipilimumab/placebo trial and just completed another treatment about a week ago. I've had this reaction before; however, it's a bit more intense this time and about 2 weeks early: Night sweats.

I wake up completely drenched yet shivering. I finally got up this morning and took my temperature: only 99.99! I just had my scans that showed no evidence of disease, just a cyst on my ovary that I will have an ultrasound on, but everything looks "unremarkable" and "unchanged."

Have you had this happen? According to Google, night sweats and low grade fevers are signs of the drug, but also signs of 100 other things including menopause! wink I'm only 25 so I definitely hope that's not the case!

Any advice/suggestions you can give me are greatly appreciated. I'm getting a bit tired of having to wash the sheets daily…

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        awillett1991
        Participant
          Yes, yes yes! I was diagnosed hyperthyroid, totally messed with my hormones. This continued until just recently when I started prednisone, now my thyroid hormones are normal and I feel much better.

Call in and I bet they’ll run a blood test to check. You might end up with a work up by an endocrinologist.

Love your blog!
          Amy

CLPrice31
            Participant

Hi Amy!

Thank you so much for your response. I will definitely give them a call! ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a great weekend!

NYKaren
              Participant
                Hi Chelsea,
                So glad to see you here (well, you know what I mean.)
                I couldn’t agree with Amy more. For me’ ippy brought on colitis and adrenal insufficiency. I must stress, see an endo with ippy experience. At Sloan it’s Dr. Monica Girotra. I don’t know if there is more than her. Your onc might have to get you that first appt. she knew the subtle endo things that finally got me feeling better.
                All the best,
                Karen
                NYKaren
                Participant
                  Hi Chelsea,
                  I couldn’t agree with Amy more. For me’ ippy brought on colitis and adrenal insufficiency. I must stress, see an endo with ippy experience. At Sloan it’s Dr. Monica Girotra. I don’t know if there is more than her. Your onc might have to get you that first appt. she knew the subtle endo things that finally got me feeling better.
                  All the best,
                  Karen
                  NYKaren
                  Participant
                    Hi Chelsea,
                    All the best,
                    Karen
                    CLPrice31
                    Participant

Hi Amy!

Thank you so much for your response. I will definitely give them a call! ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a great weekend!

CLPrice31
                      Participant

Hi Amy!

awillett1991
                      Participant
                        Yes, yes yes! I was diagnosed hyperthyroid, totally messed with my hormones. This continued until just recently when I started prednisone, now my thyroid hormones are normal and I feel much better.

Call in and I bet they’ll run a blood test to check. You might end up with a work up by an endocrinologist.

Love your blog!
                        Amy

awillett1991
                        Participant

Love your blog!
                          Amy

LindyVA
                          Participant

Yes, my husband would wake up soaking wet, even the sheets were damp. His fever would be 99 to 101. Tylenol and cold compresses usually worked. He would shake and have bad headaches like the flu. But the tumors got smaller so it was the lessor of two evils.

Linda

LindyVA
                            Participant

Yes, my husband would wake up soaking wet, even the sheets were damp. His fever would be 99 to 101. Tylenol and cold compresses usually worked. He would shake and have bad headaches like the flu. But the tumors got smaller so it was the lessor of two evils.

Linda

LindyVA
                              Participant

Linda

Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics