The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Nice story of perserverance, etc. involving a stage IV melanoma survivor

Forums General Melanoma Community Nice story of perserverance, etc. involving a stage IV melanoma survivor

• Replies
      jag
      Participant

That was a great story Jake, thanks.

Lisa13
          Participant

I agree!  Being Stage 4 myself, these type of stories give me hope.

Thanks so much for posting this – keep them coming!

Lisa

Lisa13
            Participant

I agree!  Being Stage 4 myself, these type of stories give me hope.

Thanks so much for posting this – keep them coming!

Lisa

jag
            Participant

That was a great story Jake, thanks.

ValinMtl
              Participant

Very inspiring Jake.  Val (stage IV)

ValinMtl
                Participant

Very inspiring Jake.  Val (stage IV)

JakeinNY
                  Participant

No problem. I was really surprised reading about it. I've heard this guy calling NBA basketball games on the radio for years and never did I hear anywhere that he is a melanoma survivor. It is great to hear about "celebrities" that have been treated for melanoma, what they did, where they went, who were their docs., because you have to think that with all of their "power", that they get to the "right" places. Anyway, I hope that many more on here just get a chance to read this and take something positive from it like all of you did. Best wishes everyone.

paul
                      Participant

Loved this inspiring piece, as a fan of Dr. Jack — always an intense and colorful companion during a game — and as a stage IV patient currently on temodar. Thanks for posting.

Paul

paul
                        Participant

Loved this inspiring piece, as a fan of Dr. Jack — always an intense and colorful companion during a game — and as a stage IV patient currently on temodar. Thanks for posting.

Paul

JakeinNY
                        Participant

No problem. I was really surprised reading about it. I've heard this guy calling NBA basketball games on the radio for years and never did I hear anywhere that he is a melanoma survivor. It is great to hear about "celebrities" that have been treated for melanoma, what they did, where they went, who were their docs., because you have to think that with all of their "power", that they get to the "right" places. Anyway, I hope that many more on here just get a chance to read this and take something positive from it like all of you did. Best wishes everyone.

CLPrice31
                          Participant

This is a great article! Thank you for sharing.

CLPrice31
                            Participant

This is a great article! Thank you for sharing.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics