The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Newest stage 4

Forums General Melanoma Community Newest stage 4

Participant

I may be the newest stage 4. saturday I had trememdouspain in my side/back and within one hour was in ER.  Everyone thought it was a kidney stone, so did I cuz I had had one before.

CT showed mass on adrenil  glands which sit on kidney. Also possible lung nodules. I spent sat and sun drugged out for pain relief. Today, MRI and CT. No results yet but those who saw the ihitial reslts have no doubt. Waitig for the official word from my onc.I will cry for awhile and then make a plan.

Nicki

I may be the newest stage 4. saturday I had trememdouspain in my side/back and within one hour was in ER.  Everyone thought it was a kidney stone, so did I cuz I had had one before.

CT showed mass on adrenil  glands which sit on kidney. Also possible lung nodules. I spent sat and sun drugged out for pain relief. Today, MRI and CT. No results yet but those who saw the ihitial reslts have no doubt. Waitig for the official word from my onc.I will cry for awhile and then make a plan.

Nicki

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        washoegal
        Participant

Nicki,

Good luck, let us know as soon as you get the results.  a good cry doesn't hurt but after that try your best just to keep busy so you don't have time to think about it.  Worrying doesn't help and you may need you strength.  Ice Cream is my cure.  Take whatever comfort you can find.

Mary

Stage 3

washoegal
          Participant

Nicki,

Good luck, let us know as soon as you get the results.  a good cry doesn't hurt but after that try your best just to keep busy so you don't have time to think about it.  Worrying doesn't help and you may need you strength.  Ice Cream is my cure.  Take whatever comfort you can find.

Mary

Stage 3

triciad
            Participant

Nicki,

I'm so sorry to hear about this.  I'm crying with you!  I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers for the best results possible, and please let us know if we can help.

The positive side is there are the new drugs that can work magic for Stage 4.

Good Luck.

Tricia

triciad
              Participant

Nicki,

I'm so sorry to hear about this.  I'm crying with you!  I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers for the best results possible, and please let us know if we can help.

Good Luck.

Tricia

triciad
                Participant

Nicki,

Good Luck.

Tricia

triciad
                  Participant

Nicki,

Good Luck.

Tricia

MariaH
                    Participant

Oh, Nicki, I'm so sorry to hear.  I think I actually walked in a daze for a good week after Dave's stage IV diagnosis.  I know that nothing we can say will actually make you feel better, but please know that once you have a game plan in place it gets better.  Take time to cry, but then get ready to kick mels a#s!

We're thinking of you,

Maria

MariaH
                      Participant

Oh, Nicki, I'm so sorry to hear.  I think I actually walked in a daze for a good week after Dave's stage IV diagnosis.  I know that nothing we can say will actually make you feel better, but please know that once you have a game plan in place it gets better.  Take time to cry, but then get ready to kick mels a#s!

We're thinking of you,

Maria

FormerCaregiver
                        Participant

Nicki, I am so sorry to read this. I pray that you may experience healing and inner peace.

May God bless you.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                          Participant

Nicki, I am so sorry to read this. I pray that you may experience healing and inner peace.

May God bless you.

Frank from Australia

BethA
                            Participant

I hate to hear this.  Add me to list of those crying, but I'll add some prayers too.  Somehow I don't think the crying will help very much, but sometimes we just have to do it!!  I hope you wake up tomorrow feeling renewed for a fight, filled with hope.  I will keep you in my prayers.  Beth 3/B 

BethA
                              Participant

I hate to hear this.  Add me to list of those crying, but I'll add some prayers too.  Somehow I don't think the crying will help very much, but sometimes we just have to do it!!  I hope you wake up tomorrow feeling renewed for a fight, filled with hope.  I will keep you in my prayers.  Beth 3/B 

Charlie S
                                Participant

Do not cry until the last dance.  First knee jerk is always difficult,  Please do not be swept away by first impressions that carry uncertain  weight.

As your byline says "Be Strong and take heart"

Cheers,

Charlie S

Charlie S
                                  Participant

Do not cry until the last dance.  First knee jerk is always difficult,  Please do not be swept away by first impressions that carry uncertain  weight.

As your byline says "Be Strong and take heart"

Cheers,

Charlie S

nicoli
                                    Participant

my onc called the University of Colorado (Dr. Lewis) for a consult. I should hear from them any day. Then I do what they say. 4 cm mass on adrenal (sp) gland, several nodes in both lungs, some swelling of lymph nodes between lungs. On pain meds for pain by kidney.

Severe pain out of the blue. No symptoms before. Crazy or what?

Nicki

nicoli
                                      Participant

my onc called the University of Colorado (Dr. Lewis) for a consult. I should hear from them any day. Then I do what they say. 4 cm mass on adrenal (sp) gland, several nodes in both lungs, some swelling of lymph nodes between lungs. On pain meds for pain by kidney.

Severe pain out of the blue. No symptoms before. Crazy or what?

Nicki

nicoli
                                        Participant

Oh and one good thing. My 34 year old  daughter just quit her job in a tanning store. She said she can no longer help people  get melanoma. Single mom of 2, no education, no experience but her boyfriend said he supports her decision and will help financially until she gets another job.

Nicki

DeniseK
                                            Participant
                                              Hi Nicki,

I’m so sorry to hear this! Be strong and hang in there! ** Big Hugs for you!**

Denise

DeniseK
                                              Participant
                                                Hi Nicki,

I’m so sorry to hear this! Be strong and hang in there! ** Big Hugs for you!**

Denise

nicoli
                                              Participant

Oh and one good thing. My 34 year old  daughter just quit her job in a tanning store. She said she can no longer help people  get melanoma. Single mom of 2, no education, no experience but her boyfriend said he supports her decision and will help financially until she gets another job.

Nicki

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics