The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

New Video by Dr. Weber reviewing treatment options for metastatic melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community New Video by Dr. Weber reviewing treatment options for metastatic melanoma

Participant

I think its from a February presentation, but Dr. Hamid just posted a link to it. There are a couple of other videos too.
      This seems a great survey of treatments but at the end he also started mentioning new trials, which sound promising.

Hope this is useful and that it was not already posted.

Good luck to everyone
      Mark

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mark_DC
        Participant
          https://youtu.be/icplmCpkWoA I think this is a presentation at the same event on targetted therapy
          Brian j
          Participant
            Thanks Mark, Great Video…Where we’ve been, where we are, and whats coming down the pike. Might have missed it if you hadn’t posted it.
            MelMel
            Participant
              The more times one hears data from different sources, the more impact it makes. There is also a certain degree of comfort and satisfaction knowing that maybe each of us have made the best decision in our treatments. The future definitely looks much brighter and more promising.
              Thank you for sharing!
              Melanie
              BrianP
              Participant
                Great info. Always love me some straight shooting Dr. Weber wisdom.
                Rosiepup
                Participant
                  Thanks for sharing Mark. I will have a look and see if I can see what Corrales with what’s on offer!🤞🙏 Sorry, I sound bitter and don’t mean to be!
                  I wish I could share photos here for cheer up purposes. A fantastic friend brought round two, yes two! Delicious tray bakes! ❤️
                  tkoss
                  Participant
                    interesting comment about toxicty of combo vs. nivo…..

given the statistical similarity of SR’s it would seem that there is a real judgment call on combo v. nivo , quality of life v. SR.

is this true amongst doctors?

Sdmotorcop
                    Participant
                      Did I hear Dr Weber correctly when he said if you are BRAF wild and you progress on IPI/Nivo that you are kind of hosed? I would hope they’d be looking into treatments for that also..
                        ed williams
                        Participant
                          Hi there Sdmotorcop, there is a lot going on in this area but we are left waiting on phase three reporting. For example NKTR-214, Lag-3, TLR-9 and other interlesional injectable drugs, LN-144 Lifileucel TIL’s treatment is at FDA looking for approval and it has shown good uptake for patients that have progressed on Ipi+Nivo, gut microbiome trials, VEGF, Bispecfics, Oxphos at MD Anderson and there are many more in early phase combinations trying to find the next great thing. I would never argue with Dr. Weber, he is the best in the business, and in this case as far as melanoma patients that have progressed on ipi+nivo right now “today” he is telling it like it is, but there is a lot of hope on what is coming down the pipeline. Clinical trials would be the way to go, just hard to find a trial that is open and recruiting just when a patient might need it. Many travel and go to the big hospital like MD Anderson where they have a lot going on in many different research areas.
                        Sdmotorcop
                        Participant
                          Thanks for encouraging news Ed. I went to stage 4 after 10 months of Nivo (lung, stomach and lymph node Mets). I did three doses of Ipi (June 20) before my liver started to go wonky. My last Pet was encouraging with a decrease in size of all Mets. I have a ct next week so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
                      Viewing 7 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics