The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

New OM plaque vs total eye removal

Forums General Melanoma Community New OM plaque vs total eye removal

Participant
      Hi folks, much to my disappointment, I decided last evening to remove my original thread on this subject. I wanted to tell those of you who were kind and gave me some good information on this topic, thank you. Please feel free to post again. I think many OM people like myself struggle with this decision on treatment. . I know, I did.

Hi folks, much to my disappointment, I decided last evening to remove my original thread on this subject. I wanted to tell those of you who were kind and gave me some good information on this topic, thank you. Please feel free to post again. I think many OM people like myself struggle with this decision on treatment. . I know, I did.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        lak
        Participant

I m so sorry you have had problems, I cannot understand what has happened to all the forums. I too shared my story so others may benefit from my decisions good or bad the future will tell us. I have no idea what went on here but I had my posts copied and used to discredit me , by what was meant to be a source of support for OM patients.

it did not used to be like this in 2007 when we were unified but there were fewer of us yet we knew far more.

I do hope these malicious events stop happening, I am sure that whatever happened to you was unrelated to me as I am in the UK and you I think are in the US. However there seems to be a similar problem across the water.

While we are divided we will not make a good patient group anywhere.

Hope things improve and you are comfortable with your decision for your treatment.

Good luck my fellow warrior.

lak
          Participant

I m so sorry you have had problems, I cannot understand what has happened to all the forums. I too shared my story so others may benefit from my decisions good or bad the future will tell us. I have no idea what went on here but I had my posts copied and used to discredit me , by what was meant to be a source of support for OM patients.

it did not used to be like this in 2007 when we were unified but there were fewer of us yet we knew far more.

I do hope these malicious events stop happening, I am sure that whatever happened to you was unrelated to me as I am in the UK and you I think are in the US. However there seems to be a similar problem across the water.

Hope things improve and you are comfortable with your decision for your treatment.

lak
            Participant

Cindyann
                Participant
                  Thank you . I wish, I could have only deleted the “flaming” post, as there were so many post that were full of good info and folks sharing their experience. Hopefully they will re-share. I have faith
                  The majority of people are good and kind. As you stated above in regards to other forums, it only takes a couple of these flame throwers to join a few forums and spew their hate . They are looking for an argument . I fell victim , and I thought OM was enough suffering for me especially on a SUPPORT forum. Okay, we’ll its swept under the rug, the flamers know who they are…. Lets move on… The worlds not stopping for us!! We have a lot of living to do…. Now, I’m off to watch The Masters!!!
                  eyecancerny
                  Participant

Hi Everyone,

We are all in this together and need to be a support for one another.  I've been on the forums for over 6 1/2 years and have never experienced anything like what has transpired recently on many of the boards.  I'm sorry that people have experienced such negativity lately and really feel for all of the "newbies".  We are here for you.

Our community is growing, not because the incidence of OM has increased, but because of social media.  During my journey, I have met some of the most amazing people and have developed friendships that will last a lifetime.  I was just talking with a friend the other day and she said she was coming up on her 4 year anniversary since diagnosis.  I said to her that I couldn't believe we have only known one another for 4 years.  It feels like we've been friends all our lives.

I cherish these relationships and what I have found is that everyone finds their own little niche or group.  

Hang in there everyone!  Together we will find a cure.

Hugs to all.

Anne Marie

Cindyann
                    Participant
                      Anne Marie, thanks for the positive energy. I’ve been meeting some awesome folks fighting Om, since my initial not so pleasant experience. The support for each other has been wonderful. I love the Om forum on fb…it’s rich with resourses and great folks ready and willing to be there for the .good days and the bad . This forum is a great place as well.
                      Cindyann
                      Participant
                        Anne Marie, thanks for the positive energy. I’ve been meeting some awesome folks fighting Om, since my initial not so pleasant experience. The support for each other has been wonderful. I love the Om forum on fb…it’s rich with resourses and great folks ready and willing to be there for the .good days and the bad . This forum is a great place as well.
                        Cindyann
                        Participant
                          eyecancerny
                          Participant

Hi Everyone,

We are all in this together and need to be a support for one another.  I've been on the forums for over 6 1/2 years and have never experienced anything like what has transpired recently on many of the boards.  I'm sorry that people have experienced such negativity lately and really feel for all of the "newbies".  We are here for you.

Our community is growing, not because the incidence of OM has increased, but because of social media.  During my journey, I have met some of the most amazing people and have developed friendships that will last a lifetime.  I was just talking with a friend the other day and she said she was coming up on her 4 year anniversary since diagnosis.  I said to her that I couldn't believe we have only known one another for 4 years.  It feels like we've been friends all our lives.

I cherish these relationships and what I have found is that everyone finds their own little niche or group.  

Hugs to all.

Anne Marie

eyecancerny
                            Participant

Hi Everyone,

Hugs to all.

Anne Marie

eyecancerny
                              Participant

Hi Everyone,

Hugs to all.

Anne Marie

eyecancerny
                                Participant

Hi Everyone,

Hugs to all.

Anne Marie

eyecancerny
                                  Participant

Hi Everyone,

Hugs to all.

Anne Marie

eyecancerny
                                    Participant

Not sure why my posted came up twice.

Cindyann, which OM Facebook group are you talking about, as there are several?  

Here's the link that was started by an individual OM person, not an organization.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/219970988124534/  There are files on this site that you might find helpful.  You can request to join and will be asked your connection to OM.  This is done because we had people joining that had no connection to OM.There's a great group of individuals on this site.  There's also one called Eye Cancer, that was also started by an individual member.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/16504669014/

The Eye Cancer Network:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/ECNPatients/  This site was started by Dr. Paul Finger, who acutally started the first eye cancer patient online forum in 1998.  

All 3 of these groups are closed and only members can see the posts.

Hope to see you on one of those sites as well.

Take care.

Anne Marie

eyecancerny
                                      Participant

Here's the link that was started by an individual OM person, not an organization.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/219970988124534/  There are files on this site that you might find helpful.  You can request to join and will be asked your connection to OM.  This is done because we had people joining that had no connection to OM.There's a great group of individuals on this site.  There's also one called Eye Cancer, that was also started by an individual member.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/16504669014/

The Eye Cancer Network:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/ECNPatients/  This site was started by Dr. Paul Finger, who acutally started the first eye cancer patient online forum in 1998.  

Take care.

Anne Marie

Cindyann
                                        Participant
                                          Hi Anne Marie, I was invited on the forum last week, that was started by an individual!! Would have never known it existed had I not received emails with invites on another board. I had already found the one with Dr. Finger. Some really good info.Thank you for sending the good information … I’m always looking:)
                                          Cindyann
                                          Participant
                                            Hi Anne Marie, I was invited on the forum last week, that was started by an individual!! Would have never known it existed had I not received emails with invites on another board. I had already found the one with Dr. Finger. Some really good info.Thank you for sending the good information … I’m always looking:)
                                            Cindyann
                                            Participant
                                              eyecancerny
                                              Participant

Take care.

Anne Marie

Cindyann
                                                Participant
                                                  Thank you . I wish, I could have only deleted the “flaming” post, as there were so many post that were full of good info and folks sharing their experience. Hopefully they will re-share. I have faith
                                                  The majority of people are good and kind. As you stated above in regards to other forums, it only takes a couple of these flame throwers to join a few forums and spew their hate . They are looking for an argument . I fell victim , and I thought OM was enough suffering for me especially on a SUPPORT forum. Okay, we’ll its swept under the rug, the flamers know who they are…. Lets move on… The worlds not stopping for us!! We have a lot of living to do…. Now, I’m off to watch The Masters!!!
                                                  Cindyann
                                                  Participant
                                              Viewing 2 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics