The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

New issue with CAD

Forums General Melanoma Community New issue with CAD

Participant
      Hi to any old timers in here. Two mm,s and dozens of basil and squamous over the years but recently turned 77. Whoopee! Only current issue is high risk but non obstructive coronary artery disease especially in the LAD. Been out of the loop here for a long time and not up to date on the latest treatments but sending out cheers to the warriers on here. Gave and received so much support on here in the past. My first mm was 18 years ago. Still healthy and very active! Walk 3 miles in an hour three times a week at our gym indoor track. Only the young joggers pass me. I was volunteer of the year at Moffit cancer center after my first WLE there. Stayed very active here for a long time but stepped aside to let the newbies have the stage. So be strong, be your own advocate, learn everything you can and never give up!!!
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Affected
        Participant
          Thank you so much for posting. You have given me so much needed hope. My husband got diagnosed with desmoplastic melanoma in June. He is 55 years old. It would be so nice for him to have 18 more years as yourself. Thanks again for posting.
          Bubbles
          Participant
            Hey Bill!!

So good to “see you” here, Bill! Happy Birthday! You sound like your awesome self! We could use your words of wisdom around here, if you have the time to share it!! Carol K and Jag show up every once in awhile. Charlie S even posted in May!!! Janner has been taking a break for some time now. (Was unfortunately harassed and harangued by some Know Nothings!) Still hoping she will return. Nobody is better than she at addressing the Stage I/II peeps – both their diagnostic and coping questions. Yeah….my almost 8 years here have been interesting! HA! Have lost a lot of dear ones. But, yes….there are many legitimate treatment options available today that were only a pipe dream as recently as 2010!!! More are in the works and hopefully even better options are coming. Sounds like you are rocking things out! I hope your CAD remains manageable and troubles you little!! Take good care!! celeste

MelanomaMike
            Participant
              Hi uncle Bill! I vaguely remember you, like back in 2017!! I started here about that time, Dec 2017…im glad your still kicking butt! But this new stuff CAD or LAD as you called it, a non obstructed artery disease?? Reminds me of what was found in me on my last ct/PET scans, apparently my abdominal area of my Aorta is severely clogged, explains my tightness, and burning feeling in lower legs (below knees) when i walk, i cant walk very far, my lungs are great (surprisingly) but legs are shot now…im happy you checked in, good to hear from ya’s….
          Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics