The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

new bruising with subqs

Forums General Melanoma Community new bruising with subqs

Participant

I've always had a bunch of subq mets, most in the visceral tissues but some you could feel under the surface.  Now I've had a few come up with bruises on the skin above them.  Wow!  Did the appear so fast they "punched" a bruise on my skin?

Weird.

Sure tumors are progressing based on the pain level progression and the new ones I can feel here and there.  Scans tomorrow and meet with ipi onc in San Antonio on the 14th.

I've always had a bunch of subq mets, most in the visceral tissues but some you could feel under the surface.  Now I've had a few come up with bruises on the skin above them.  Wow!  Did the appear so fast they "punched" a bruise on my skin?

Weird.

Sure tumors are progressing based on the pain level progression and the new ones I can feel here and there.  Scans tomorrow and meet with ipi onc in San Antonio on the 14th.

Update to follow!  Sorry I have not been around much.  Fatigue is high.  Too much activity each day to fit into my very limited energy reserve.

But I think of you all and pray regularly.

If there are any viable last line options out there, give me a head's up.  I know my LMD makes everything a fight and I don't know how big the guns I'd be able to bring are.

love,

Amy

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Replies
        molly
        Participant

Amy, I think of you so often and will especially be doing so tomorrow.  Praying for a good scan for you! Thanks so much for the update….always good to hear your sweet voice.

molly

Nancy
            Participant

Hi Amy, 

Lots of people on here love you so much and we're praying for you every day…

God Bless,

Nancy

Nancy
              Participant

Hi Amy, 

Lots of people on here love you so much and we're praying for you every day…

God Bless,

Nancy

molly
              Participant

Amy, I think of you so often and will especially be doing so tomorrow.  Praying for a good scan for you! Thanks so much for the update….always good to hear your sweet voice.

molly

Bonnie Lea
                Participant

Amy, you are always here, in our hearts if not on 'paper'  I and everyone else keeps you close.  You are so special to me, I think you know all this.

thankyou

Bonnie Lea

Bonnie Lea
                  Participant

Amy, you are always here, in our hearts if not on 'paper'  I and everyone else keeps you close.  You are so special to me, I think you know all this.

thankyou

Bonnie Lea

Sherron
                    Participant

Hey, Amy – I knew you were having some problems since you are my Facebook friend.  I am sorry you are so so tired and that your are having pain.  Try and limit your activity and take care of yourself.  I think of you so often.   Cover up with that blue-jean quilt and know I am thinking & hugging you!!.. You are a warrior and a fighter, and you keep fighting!  Jim had terrible bruising when his subq mets came up,  We could never really figure it out. 

Keep us posted after your next appointment.  I am having a hard time.  But I am going to grief counseling, and my doctor has given me something to help me sleep…sleep is pretty important factor in life.  Also still recovering my auto accident. I am working full-time, so it keeps my days busy,…that is good…it's from 5:00 to 9:30 pm that are the worst for me.  But, I am holding God close to my heart.  He will get me through this.

Take Care & Hugging You,

Sherron Clevenger, wife to Jim FOREVER

Amy Busby
                        Participant

Oh Sherron!  I think of you often hon and pray for you.  I am sorry I have not been more available lately.  My pain level has been much worse, so I spent more time just resting. Your beautiful quilt is draped over the back of "my" chair, right there when I need to snuggle up!  It always warms my heart.  : )

Love,

Amy

Amy Busby
                          Participant

Oh Sherron!  I think of you often hon and pray for you.  I am sorry I have not been more available lately.  My pain level has been much worse, so I spent more time just resting. Your beautiful quilt is draped over the back of "my" chair, right there when I need to snuggle up!  It always warms my heart.  : )

Love,

Amy

Amy Busby
                            Participant

Love,

Amy

Amy Busby
                              Participant

Love,

Amy

Sherron
                              Participant

Hey, Amy – I knew you were having some problems since you are my Facebook friend.  I am sorry you are so so tired and that your are having pain.  Try and limit your activity and take care of yourself.  I think of you so often.   Cover up with that blue-jean quilt and know I am thinking & hugging you!!.. You are a warrior and a fighter, and you keep fighting!  Jim had terrible bruising when his subq mets came up,  We could never really figure it out. 

Keep us posted after your next appointment.  I am having a hard time.  But I am going to grief counseling, and my doctor has given me something to help me sleep…sleep is pretty important factor in life.  Also still recovering my auto accident. I am working full-time, so it keeps my days busy,…that is good…it's from 5:00 to 9:30 pm that are the worst for me.  But, I am holding God close to my heart.  He will get me through this.

Take Care & Hugging You,

Sherron Clevenger, wife to Jim FOREVER

KatyWI
                                Participant

Dear Amy,

I am on Ipi too, a few weeks behind you since I just had my 3rd injection.  I had a sore spot that was palpable & quickly turned into a bruise just this week.  Do you know the exact location of all your non-paplable subQs?  I was thinking it might have been one of my formerly non-palpable subQs "blowing up" from Ipi.  Maybe that's an explanation?  (It's certainly a more hopeful one that a new subQ.)  My doctor saw it Monday and didn't take a stand one way or another about it.

I hope you're able to get adequate pain control.  Get some rest (I need to do better about that too!)  Take care,

KatyWI

KatyWI
                                  Participant

Dear Amy,

I am on Ipi too, a few weeks behind you since I just had my 3rd injection.  I had a sore spot that was palpable & quickly turned into a bruise just this week.  Do you know the exact location of all your non-paplable subQs?  I was thinking it might have been one of my formerly non-palpable subQs "blowing up" from Ipi.  Maybe that's an explanation?  (It's certainly a more hopeful one that a new subQ.)  My doctor saw it Monday and didn't take a stand one way or another about it.

I hope you're able to get adequate pain control.  Get some rest (I need to do better about that too!)  Take care,

KatyWI

lhaley
                                    Participant

Amy,

Could this be the ippi doing it's thing? 

Sending prayers and hugs that you will be showing some response.

Love,

Linda

lhaley
                                      Participant

Amy,

Could this be the ippi doing it's thing? 

Sending prayers and hugs that you will be showing some response.

Love,

Linda

jag
                                        Participant

Amy, glad to hear that as ever, you are still strong in spirit.  I will say a prayer that Ipi is doing it's job.

God Bless

John

jag
                                          Participant

Amy, glad to hear that as ever, you are still strong in spirit.  I will say a prayer that Ipi is doing it's job.

God Bless

John

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                            Participant

Amy,

You are always in my thoughts.  I'll ramp them up for the scans and Onc visit.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Vermont_Donna
                                                Participant

Hi Amy,

I have had two rounds of ipi, and my new sub q's (or they are subq's we are NOW just noticing since the inflammation due to ipi) popping up are very tender and have a "bruise" over the skin where I can feel the lump. A reddish purplish blueish bruise. I think they are ipi related. Best of luck in your continued fight against melanoma!

Vermont_Donna

stage 3a

Amy Busby
                                                  Participant

Thanks for the encouragement guys!  I'll keep you posted on what I find out as thiings go forward.

Love,

Amy

Amy Busby
                                                    Participant

Thanks for the encouragement guys!  I'll keep you posted on what I find out as thiings go forward.

Love,

Amy

Vermont_Donna
                                                      Participant

Hi Amy,

I have had two rounds of ipi, and my new sub q's (or they are subq's we are NOW just noticing since the inflammation due to ipi) popping up are very tender and have a "bruise" over the skin where I can feel the lump. A reddish purplish blueish bruise. I think they are ipi related. Best of luck in your continued fight against melanoma!

Vermont_Donna

stage 3a

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                                      Participant

Amy,

You are always in my thoughts.  I'll ramp them up for the scans and Onc visit.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Laurie from maine
                                                        Participant

Amy,

You are in my prayers every night.  You have been amazing with your strength and encouragement for everyone else. 

take care, thinking of you

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                                          Participant

Amy,

You are in my prayers every night.  You have been amazing with your strength and encouragement for everyone else. 

take care, thinking of you

laurie from maine

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics