The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

New brain met..ugh

Forums General Melanoma Community New brain met..ugh

Participant

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to put out an update. I did the IL-12 TIL trial at NIH in April. I had three months of stable scans. Last month's scans showed slight growth of my adrenal tumor and now this month's scans showed a new 5mm brain met. UUUGGGHH. I've had one other brain met and that was a little over a year ago. I had SRS and it took care of it. So, now I'm needing to do SRS again for this new met.

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to put out an update. I did the IL-12 TIL trial at NIH in April. I had three months of stable scans. Last month's scans showed slight growth of my adrenal tumor and now this month's scans showed a new 5mm brain met. UUUGGGHH. I've had one other brain met and that was a little over a year ago. I had SRS and it took care of it. So, now I'm needing to do SRS again for this new met.

I'm not sure what the plan is from there. The doctors at NIH will be discussing my case next Monday and what they think I should do beyond the SRS. Since something new has shown up since the TIL treatment, they are thinking it's probably good to move on to something else. The possible options mentioned at this point have been a reinduction of Yervoy, IL-15 and another TIL trial.

Other than the brain met, my other tumors were pretty much holding steady from last month. Perhaps a tiny bit of growth in the main tumor in my adrenal gland. It's so frustrating that if the brain met wasn't there, I'd just get to keep moving forward with my monthly follow ups. But, now I need to move on to something new. Fun fun. The brain met caught me by surprise. I guess I should know by now that there is no rhyme or reason with Melanoma and it can show up whenever and wherever it wants to.

~Angela

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

Sorry that this new met showed up.Was happy you were doing good under TIL treatmenr.Will keep you in my prayers that the new plan of action kicks the hell out of melanoma.Stay positive.Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
          Participant

Sorry that this new met showed up.Was happy you were doing good under TIL treatmenr.Will keep you in my prayers that the new plan of action kicks the hell out of melanoma.Stay positive.Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
            Participant

Phil S
              Participant
                Angela, So sorry to hear about your brain mets, but they will zap it and you can move on with treatment. I know it’s discouraging, but good they caught it small and you have had positive results with SRS in the past. Please know you are in our positive thoughts, keep up the fighting attitude and spirit. Melanoma may be unpredictable, but new tools are being used everyday to battle it. Big Hugs, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                Phil S
                Participant
                  Angela, So sorry to hear about your brain mets, but they will zap it and you can move on with treatment. I know it’s discouraging, but good they caught it small and you have had positive results with SRS in the past. Please know you are in our positive thoughts, keep up the fighting attitude and spirit. Melanoma may be unpredictable, but new tools are being used everyday to battle it. Big Hugs, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                  Phil S
                  Participant
                    gabsound
                    Participant
                      Angela,
                      Sorry to hear about your new brain met. Although it sounds like you have been pretty stable. Good luck to you with your new treatment. Thanks for posting, it was nice to hear from you.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                      Participant
                        Angela,
                        Sorry to hear about your new brain met. Although it sounds like you have been pretty stable. Good luck to you with your new treatment. Thanks for posting, it was nice to hear from you.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                        Participant
                          Angela,

Julie in Las Vegas

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics