The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

NEDiversary

Forums General Melanoma Community NEDiversary

Participant

So, I just realized that today is my 7th year anniversary of being NED!! I lurk on this site a bit now….but it was a huge part of helping me through the surgeries and Bio-chemo in the summer of 06. 

So, I just realized that today is my 7th year anniversary of being NED!! I lurk on this site a bit now….but it was a huge part of helping me through the surgeries and Bio-chemo in the summer of 06. 

I was first diagnosed after finding a lump under my arm. I have an unknown primary. Like most I was pretty scareed when first diagnosed and couldn't think about anything else but melanoma. My youngest son was in high school and oldest a freshman in college. I remember my wife crying one night saying "I only want 5 more years with you". I looked at her and told her to expect to get old with me….she wasn't going to get rid of me that easily!

Since then, I've watched 2 amazing young men grow up, graduate college, get great jobs and find amazing young women. Run 9 marathons, got my motorcycle license and bought the Harley of my dreams. Volunteer with the Melanoma Foundation of New England as often as I can.  Looking forward to celebrating  my 32nd anniversary later this spring! She wanted just 5 more years???? Haha….not gonna get rid of me any time soon!!

To all engaged in the fight right now…….keep fighting and live life to the fullest everyday!!!

Peace and love to you all!!

Kevin

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Linny
        Participant

Thank you for this post! I really needed to hear something like that. I'd been feeling too sorry for myself recently.

Like you, my primary is unkown and the melanoma was found in a swollen lymph node under my arm. I have some catching up to do with you, however, because I'm a little over 2 years out from my diagnosis. laugh

Have a Happy Easter!! And congrats on your 7 year NEDversary!!

Linny
          Participant

Thank you for this post! I really needed to hear something like that. I'd been feeling too sorry for myself recently.

Like you, my primary is unkown and the melanoma was found in a swollen lymph node under my arm. I have some catching up to do with you, however, because I'm a little over 2 years out from my diagnosis. laugh

Linny
            Participant

tony9511
                Participant

Thank you so much for post!!!!  I am new to the mel world and will be having a neck dissection on the 12th of April followed by a year long treatment of Infereon.  It gives me great hope when I read these replies.  Tony

tony9511
                  Participant

Thank you so much for post!!!!  I am new to the mel world and will be having a neck dissection on the 12th of April followed by a year long treatment of Infereon.  It gives me great hope when I read these replies.  Tony

tony9511
                    Participant

KevinM
                      Participant

Hang in there Linny! You will get there…stay positive!!

KevinM
                        Participant

KevinM
                          Participant

Rocco
                          Participant

Hi Kevin,

Congrats on the 7 year NEDiversay – way to go!  Thanks also for your encouraging posts and support way back when I was going to BIDMC for IL-2 (circa 2007).  Much appreciated.

Glad to hear that you continue to enjoy and thrive in life.  My husband and I are going on a dream vacation to Ireland and England for 3 weeks in July.   Live is great!

Happy Spring!

-Rocco, Stage IV in 2005, Ipi responder since 2009

KevinM
                              Participant

Thanks Rocco!!

Isn't it amazing how times does fly! I hope you have an amazing trip…it is definately on my list to visit Ireland one day!!

Thanks for all of your support through the years!!

KevinM
                                Participant

Thanks Rocco!!

Isn't it amazing how times does fly! I hope you have an amazing trip…it is definately on my list to visit Ireland one day!!

KevinM
                                  Participant

Thanks Rocco!!

Rocco
                                  Participant

Hi Kevin,

Congrats on the 7 year NEDiversay – way to go!  Thanks also for your encouraging posts and support way back when I was going to BIDMC for IL-2 (circa 2007).  Much appreciated.

Glad to hear that you continue to enjoy and thrive in life.  My husband and I are going on a dream vacation to Ireland and England for 3 weeks in July.   Live is great!

Happy Spring!

Rocco
                                    Participant

Hi Kevin,

Happy Spring!

randallgford
                                      Participant

It is a blessing to read these posts,thanks so much for taking the time to do it. I hear

your appreciation for life in every word and It brought tears to my eyes. Here's hoping

you celebrate many more and more people on this board can join you!! All the best, Vicki

KevinM
                                          Participant

Thank you Vickie! So many times we hear about the struggles and forget to celebrate when there are successes. Melanoma might take my life one day but it will never beat me.

Best wishes

Kevin

KevinM
                                            Participant

Thank you Vickie! So many times we hear about the struggles and forget to celebrate when there are successes. Melanoma might take my life one day but it will never beat me.

Best wishes

Kevin

KevinM
                                              Participant

Best wishes

Kevin

randallgford
                                              Participant

It is a blessing to read these posts,thanks so much for taking the time to do it. I hear

your appreciation for life in every word and It brought tears to my eyes. Here's hoping

you celebrate many more and more people on this board can join you!! All the best, Vicki

randallgford
                                                Participant

King
                                                  Participant

Happy NEDiversary, Kevin!

You fought hard and so far you have won.  Recently, two longtime stable warriors have advanced and are battling for their lives.  You know never to let your guard down.  Melanoma is so sneaky. 

You are an amazing guy.  I still hope to meet you in person some day when I'm in MA.

Be careful on that Harley. ๐Ÿ™‚  Keep living your dream.

Congratulations!

Stay in touch.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                                                    Participant

You fought hard and so far you have won.  Recently, two longtime stable warriors have advanced and are battling for their lives.  You know never to let your guard down.  Melanoma is so sneaky. 

You are an amazing guy.  I still hope to meet you in person some day when I'm in MA.

Congratulations!

Stay in touch.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                                                      Participant

Congratulations!

Stay in touch.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

KevinM
                                                          Participant

Kathie,

You are always there for everybody on the board and you HAVE been for as long as I have visited here! Thanks for all you do! 

Kevin

KevinM
                                                            Participant

Kathie,

You are always there for everybody on the board and you HAVE been for as long as I have visited here! Thanks for all you do! 

Kevin

KevinM
                                                              Participant

Kathie,

Kevin

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics