The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

NED for 7 Years

Forums General Melanoma Community NED for 7 Years

Participant
      Just wanted to share my story and some positive, hopeful news. On 6/6/2012 I celebrated 7 years of being NED. I was dx’ed in 2005 with stage IIIb metastatic melanoma. Treatment included several surgeries and a vaccine clinical trial in 2006 under Dr Anna Pavlick at NYU. Feeling very lucky to be alive but, missing too many friends made here on this board who were not as fortunate. I hope and pray daily for a cure for this awful disease. Never give up hope and believe in miracles…I am one!

Wishing everyone the best!

LibbyinVA

Just wanted to share my story and some positive, hopeful news. On 6/6/2012 I celebrated 7 years of being NED. I was dx’ed in 2005 with stage IIIb metastatic melanoma. Treatment included several surgeries and a vaccine clinical trial in 2006 under Dr Anna Pavlick at NYU. Feeling very lucky to be alive but, missing too many friends made here on this board who were not as fortunate. I hope and pray daily for a cure for this awful disease. Never give up hope and believe in miracles…I am one!

Wishing everyone the best!

LibbyinVA

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        Angela C
        Participant

Congrats, Libby!! That is so great. It's always encouraging to hear of others who are NED for years. I'm so happy that you found a treatment that worked for you. It's what we all hope and pray for!

~Angela

Angela C
          Participant

Congrats, Libby!! That is so great. It's always encouraging to hear of others who are NED for years. I'm so happy that you found a treatment that worked for you. It's what we all hope and pray for!

~Angela

Angela C
            Participant

~Angela

noisy77
              Participant

Great news!

noisy77
                Participant

Great news!

noisy77
                  Participant

Great news!

Linny
                    Participant

What wonderful encouraging news!!! Congratulaltions!!! May you have many more NED years.

Which vaccine trial were you on?

Linny
                      Participant

What wonderful encouraging news!!! Congratulaltions!!! May you have many more NED years.

Linny
                        Participant

Gene_S
                          Participant

Libby, that is wonderful news thanks for sharing.  Here is hoping that the rest of your life is NED.  This gives hope to all the rest still fighting.

Judy (loving wife and caregiver of Gene)

Gene_S
                            Participant

Libby, that is wonderful news thanks for sharing.  Here is hoping that the rest of your life is NED.  This gives hope to all the rest still fighting.

Gene_S
                              Participant

jag
                                Participant

Great news! thanks for the update!

jag
                                  Participant

jag
                                    Participant

yoopergirl
                                      Participant

That is wondeful news and hope for us here that will be going into a clinical trial.

yoopergirl
                                        Participant

That is wondeful news and hope for us here that will be going into a clinical trial.

yoopergirl
                                          Participant

LibbyinVA
                                            Participant
                                              Thank you for all your kind words…so appreciated!

For those who asked about the trial I participated in at NYU, here are the details:

Doctor: Dr Anna C Pavlick
                                              Treatment Center: NYU Cancer Institute
                                              Clinical Trial(s): Comparison of Dendritic Cells Versus Montanide as Adjuvants in a Melanoma Vaccine – NYU 02-10, NCT 00124124

For more information, please feel free to review my patient profile on this site.

As always, keeping all of you in thought & prayer!

LibbyinVA
                                              Participant

For those who asked about the trial I participated in at NYU, here are the details:

Clinical Trial(s): Comparison of Dendritic Cells Versus Montanide as Adjuvants in a Melanoma Vaccine – NYU 02-10, NCT 00124124

For more information, please feel free to review my patient profile on this site.

LibbyinVA
                                                Participant

LibbyinVA
                                                  Participant
                                                    Sorry, posted reply on the wrong thread…ugh…hope you can all see it below
                                                    LibbyinVA
                                                    Participant
                                                      LibbyinVA
                                                      Participant
                                                    Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics