The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

NED 11 Years after Brain Met

Forums General Melanoma Community NED 11 Years after Brain Met

Participant

HI Everyone,

I frequented this board from 1999 until around 2008 and certainly do miss all my old frends from MPIP.  I knew so many people here, we got together in ASheville NC< MIchigan, Florida, Seattle, Vancouver and on and on.  They were good times and sad times . Most importantly the support I got here could never be measured. I will all cherish everyone here  and all the love we gave each other. 

HI Everyone,

I frequented this board from 1999 until around 2008 and certainly do miss all my old frends from MPIP.  I knew so many people here, we got together in ASheville NC< MIchigan, Florida, Seattle, Vancouver and on and on.  They were good times and sad times . Most importantly the support I got here could never be measured. I will all cherish everyone here  and all the love we gave each other. 

For all of you I just want to say DO NOT GIVE UP.  NEVER GIVE UP HOPE.  I should have been dead 11 years ago and I am still kicking. Doing well, getting a bit old these days and loving life. 

I was dx in 1995 with ulcerated mole on my back as a stage II.  Fast forward to 2001 when dx with lung mets and in Dec. 2001 with a brain met.  It was not an easy journey and yet it could have been far more difficult had it not been for this board.  The support I got here cannot be measured.  There was alwasy HOPE>  We would often spend all night in the chat room and let me assure you , if you were depressed when you went in, you were laughing long before you left. 

The one thing my oncologist told me I have never forgotten..CAROLE, DO NO LOOK AT STATISTICS.. NOONE CAN TELL YOU HOW THEY WERE ARRIVED AT.  FURTHERMORE YOU ARE AN INDICIDUAL AND EVERYONE IS  " DIFFERENT".  I hung on to those words for dear life and here I am 11 years later having the best affair with NED, the only man I have never minded sharing…….even with men. 

To all of you NEVER GIVE UP.. NEVER LOOK BACK JUST KEEP LOOKING AHEAD.  WE CAN DO THIS.

Sending positive thoughts to all of you

LOVE AND LIGHT

CAROLE

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

Carole,

So nice to see you posting!  Stop back in a bit oftener than a year or two or four!  NED is a wonderful guy.  I hope everything else is going well, too!

Best wishes,

Janner

Janner
          Participant

Carole,

So nice to see you posting!  Stop back in a bit oftener than a year or two or four!  NED is a wonderful guy.  I hope everything else is going well, too!

Best wishes,

Janner

Janner
            Participant

Carole,

Best wishes,

Janner

lhaley
              Participant

Carole,

So great to hear from you at an appropriate time for me.  I've been stage IV since 06 but have been dealing with a brain met since Oct. SRS, then edema and 3 weeks ago a crainectomy.  Right now I'm NED!!!! Been on DEX since Oct and that has been a huge issue, however, as of tomorrow I'll be weaning to 1mgs and slowly gaining strength back in the rest of my body.  I'll think of you and know that I can do this also!!!!

I'm glad to share to your best man NED!

Linda

jag
                  Participant

Linda, glad to hear you are ok, what was your final decision w/Radiation? Carole is the perfect example of someone who just had surgery and nothing else and is still doing well.

Regards

John

jag
                    Participant

Linda, glad to hear you are ok, what was your final decision w/Radiation? Carole is the perfect example of someone who just had surgery and nothing else and is still doing well.

Regards

John

lhaley
                      Participant

John,

When they saw the pathology and saw that the radiation had already gotten 70% they decided to now even recommend any radiation!! 

Linda

lhaley
                        Participant

John,

When they saw the pathology and saw that the radiation had already gotten 70% they decided to now even recommend any radiation!! 

Linda

jag
                          Participant
                            Fantastic!
                            jag
                            Participant
                              Fantastic!
                              jag
                              Participant
                                Fantastic!
                                lhaley
                                Participant

John,

Linda

jag
                                  Participant

Regards

John

lhaley
                                  Participant

Carole,

So great to hear from you at an appropriate time for me.  I've been stage IV since 06 but have been dealing with a brain met since Oct. SRS, then edema and 3 weeks ago a crainectomy.  Right now I'm NED!!!! Been on DEX since Oct and that has been a huge issue, however, as of tomorrow I'll be weaning to 1mgs and slowly gaining strength back in the rest of my body.  I'll think of you and know that I can do this also!!!!

Linda

lhaley
                                    Participant

Carole,

Linda

jag
                                      Participant

Hey Carole, I remember all of the positive thoughts you sent me when I was first going through treatments for brain mets.  Thank you for all of the hope.  You did get me suckered in to the whole macrobiotics crap, but thanks for the hope.

11 years is a long time w/NED.  I hope you stay with NED for life.

Regards

John

jag
                                        Participant

Hey Carole, I remember all of the positive thoughts you sent me when I was first going through treatments for brain mets.  Thank you for all of the hope.  You did get me suckered in to the whole macrobiotics crap, but thanks for the hope.

Regards

John

jag
                                          Participant

Regards

John

CarolA
                                            Participant

Dear Carole,  How wonderful to read your love and light message of continued NED in your life.   Thank you for coming back to the old neighborhood to share this encouraging and inspirational message.   I'm here seven years now.  Seven (holding at Stage III, even with mastectomy and skin graft 4 yrs ago)  Never would have considered that number, or more, back in '05 when it all began, without the MPIP board and that neighborhood that was here.   Even not being able to attend the "bashes", we all felt part of that strength and support.   I, for one, will forever remember the names and faces.   Keep lighting and loving life, Carole!

Fondly,

CarolA (my sign in name, as IF people would confuse me with you!) 

Amherst, NY – Stage III and holding on!! 

CarolA
                                              Participant

Dear Carole,  How wonderful to read your love and light message of continued NED in your life.   Thank you for coming back to the old neighborhood to share this encouraging and inspirational message.   I'm here seven years now.  Seven (holding at Stage III, even with mastectomy and skin graft 4 yrs ago)  Never would have considered that number, or more, back in '05 when it all began, without the MPIP board and that neighborhood that was here.   Even not being able to attend the "bashes", we all felt part of that strength and support.   I, for one, will forever remember the names and faces.   Keep lighting and loving life, Carole!

Fondly,

CarolA
                                                Participant

Fondly,

DonW
                                                  Participant

You should hang around here more often. Maybe even organize a get together!

DonW
                                                    Participant

DonW
                                                      Participant

BethA in VA
                                                        Participant

11 yrs – yea!  Glad to hear such good news from you.  You use to be on here all the time & were a big support to allot of us.  Good you are doing well.  Keep it up!!  BethA  3/B

BethA in VA
                                                          Participant

11 yrs – yea!  Glad to hear such good news from you.  You use to be on here all the time & were a big support to allot of us.  Good you are doing well.  Keep it up!!  BethA  3/B

BethA in VA
                                                            Participant

King
                                                              Participant

Hi girlfriend!

It is so nice that you posted and I'm sure you've given many others the hope they need to continue in their battles.  Your "case" is often mentioned here but now the newbies get to "meet" you.

And, as you know, you were one of the first ones that I met in the MPIP chat room and we got to know each other much better after that.  You taught me so much by words and your example.  

Miss you.  Happy Nediversary (if that's what it is)

Stay Strong
                                                                King

Stage IV  7/05  Liver mets

King
                                                                Participant

Hi girlfriend!

It is so nice that you posted and I'm sure you've given many others the hope they need to continue in their battles.  Your "case" is often mentioned here but now the newbies get to "meet" you.

And, as you know, you were one of the first ones that I met in the MPIP chat room and we got to know each other much better after that.  You taught me so much by words and your example.  

Stay Strong
                                                                  King

King
                                                                  Participant

Hi girlfriend!

Stay Strong
                                                                    King

Carole K
                                                                    Participant

HI Everyone,

Sorry I am doing this in this manner. I can't figure out how to reply individually. lol. Ok have a good laugh.. The computer guru over here.  Don and Kathie, Linda , Beth and THE TRUE BRAIN MET HERO JOHN.  It is so good to see all of you and yes as I read everyone's post I get a bit misty..  I miss all of you so much and hopefully will be able to get here more often. Life is good, and yes with it's ups and downs we keep moving along.

Kathie, Allison had a little girl two weeks ago.  Haven't been able to be there.  Got a bug that has decided to plant itself here.  I keep telling him I beat Melanoma I can beat you.  Hugs to Tim.  How are the little angels doing?  Growing far too quickly, I am sure.  Finn will be 4 in June.  Will be down your way I believe late March or early April, God willing. 

Don,  how you be?  It's been a logn time since we have chatted.  What's going on..  Have a good laugh on me.. my computer just crashed again….. not even 2 years old.  Oh well, Better the computer than me.  How is Diane doing?

Linda and Beth I do rememvber both of you..  Glad to see you are here helping others on this journey. 

Life is good..

sending everyone big hugs

Love and Light

Carole

Carole K
                                                                      Participant

HI Everyone,

Sorry I am doing this in this manner. I can't figure out how to reply individually. lol. Ok have a good laugh.. The computer guru over here.  Don and Kathie, Linda , Beth and THE TRUE BRAIN MET HERO JOHN.  It is so good to see all of you and yes as I read everyone's post I get a bit misty..  I miss all of you so much and hopefully will be able to get here more often. Life is good, and yes with it's ups and downs we keep moving along.

Kathie, Allison had a little girl two weeks ago.  Haven't been able to be there.  Got a bug that has decided to plant itself here.  I keep telling him I beat Melanoma I can beat you.  Hugs to Tim.  How are the little angels doing?  Growing far too quickly, I am sure.  Finn will be 4 in June.  Will be down your way I believe late March or early April, God willing. 

Don,  how you be?  It's been a logn time since we have chatted.  What's going on..  Have a good laugh on me.. my computer just crashed again….. not even 2 years old.  Oh well, Better the computer than me.  How is Diane doing?

Linda and Beth I do rememvber both of you..  Glad to see you are here helping others on this journey. 

Life is good..

Love and Light

Carole

Carole K
                                                                        Participant

HI Everyone,

Life is good..

Love and Light

Carole

Carole K
                                                                          Participant

HI Everyone,

Life is good..

Love and Light

Carole

Carole K
                                                                            Participant

HI Everyone,

Life is good..

Love and Light

Carole

Carole K
                                                                              Participant

HI Everyone,

Life is good..

Love and Light

Carole

davidfromsingapore
                                                                                Participant

Glad you're still around Carole.  Keep fighting the good fight.  The rest of us need to see that people like you really do exits.  

David stage 4 with brain mets

davidfromsingapore
                                                                                  Participant

Glad you're still around Carole.  Keep fighting the good fight.  The rest of us need to see that people like you really do exits.  

davidfromsingapore
                                                                                    Participant

BarbieGirl
                                                                                      Participant

Carole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's been sooooooo long!!  Oh God, it's so good to hear from you!!  I miss you, my friend!!

I hardly ever come here anymore——just stopped by tonight because i couldn't sleep, and saw your post!   Can't believe Finn is 4 now, and you have a new baby grandgirlie!!!!  Pictures….. we want pictures!!  (I have the same email—jolino @ flash.net.

I wish so much you'd get your butt down to Texas….AFTER you get over the bug and see that new grandgirlie, of course!  I never ever go anywhere these days, with the 3 girls in school, and taking care of MamaG.

I've thought about you soo much lately—Happy 11 Years Ned!!  (Just celebrated my 11 yr Nediversary in December!)  Trying to deal with my back right now—PET/CT showed a 12 cm x 5 cm "something"—–they think it's inflammation, and I tend to agree—I've barely been able to get around the last couple of weeks.  (This, after NOT hurting at all where the "thingy" is!)   Had an MRI that only showed how bad my back really is.  I'll have another PET in April to make sure it's not a "metastatic neoplasm", but I have faith it's NOT!   I figure running after the kids and whooping that @$$, and lugging mom around in the wheelchair has caused the inflammation! =) 

You "sound" great!!  I'm gonna call ya soon, promise!  Hope you get over your 'bug' soon.  I love and miss you soooo much!!  We need to have another MPIP bash soon!  Gimme enough time and I'll have one of my sisters come stay with mom and the girls.  Yes… John's STILL working full-time.  I don't think he'll ever retire!   Going to Barbie Convention in Orange Co. California in July—I'd LOVE to have a Meet and Greet (and Eat) in SoCal after convention is over.  Maybe we can work on that.

I'm thrilled to hear you're still having that affair with NED—-ain't he just the bestest?? 

Talk to you soon, my friend!!  LOVE AND LIGHT!!!! *hugz*

~Lisa~

BarbieGirl
                                                                                        Participant

Carole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's been sooooooo long!!  Oh God, it's so good to hear from you!!  I miss you, my friend!!

I hardly ever come here anymore——just stopped by tonight because i couldn't sleep, and saw your post!   Can't believe Finn is 4 now, and you have a new baby grandgirlie!!!!  Pictures….. we want pictures!!  (I have the same email—jolino @ flash.net.

I wish so much you'd get your butt down to Texas….AFTER you get over the bug and see that new grandgirlie, of course!  I never ever go anywhere these days, with the 3 girls in school, and taking care of MamaG.

I've thought about you soo much lately—Happy 11 Years Ned!!  (Just celebrated my 11 yr Nediversary in December!)  Trying to deal with my back right now—PET/CT showed a 12 cm x 5 cm "something"—–they think it's inflammation, and I tend to agree—I've barely been able to get around the last couple of weeks.  (This, after NOT hurting at all where the "thingy" is!)   Had an MRI that only showed how bad my back really is.  I'll have another PET in April to make sure it's not a "metastatic neoplasm", but I have faith it's NOT!   I figure running after the kids and whooping that @$$, and lugging mom around in the wheelchair has caused the inflammation! =) 

You "sound" great!!  I'm gonna call ya soon, promise!  Hope you get over your 'bug' soon.  I love and miss you soooo much!!  We need to have another MPIP bash soon!  Gimme enough time and I'll have one of my sisters come stay with mom and the girls.  Yes… John's STILL working full-time.  I don't think he'll ever retire!   Going to Barbie Convention in Orange Co. California in July—I'd LOVE to have a Meet and Greet (and Eat) in SoCal after convention is over.  Maybe we can work on that.

I'm thrilled to hear you're still having that affair with NED—-ain't he just the bestest?? 

~Lisa~

BarbieGirl
                                                                                          Participant

~Lisa~

Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics