The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Natural Remedies for Melanoma? Bubbles vs Rob578

Forums General Melanoma Community Natural Remedies for Melanoma? Bubbles vs Rob578

Participant

Hi guys. So, Is there any natural remedy out there to prevent that disease?  I see Rob578 talks about bee propolis, and I assume  Bubbles disagree with that?  

I marked three years since my melanoma in situ diagnosis, February 2015. 

Thanks, 

eric

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        doragsda
        Participant

The best natural remedy for the prevention of melanoma is probably cotton.   Weave it into cloth.   Make the cloth into a shirt, pants, and a hat.    Cover your skin with them.  Do this every day from the day you are born and your chances of being diagnosed with melanoma will decrease astronomically.

gopher38
            Participant

That only works in vitro, which I've recently learned is French for, " in the store window".

Gene_S
              Participant

Melanoma doesn't always come from the sunshine.  People get melanoma on there bodies where the sun has never shined.

doragsda
                Participant

Absolutely correct.   However, it is a significant, and known, risk factor.   The original poster asked about prevention, and, as the only known risk factor that one can likely control, staying out of the sun seemed a responsive reply.

CancerSpouse
                Participant

If there was a natural remedy, would any of us be here right now? ~ Carol

bjeans
                    Participant

And Bingo was his name…

Cooper
                      Participant

When melanoma appears where the sun don't shine it is because the sun exposure gives your whole body a dose of radiation.  Insitu should never see a comeback.  Prevention is easier than cure.

Jamie1960
                      Participant

As for remedies, sharpened steel seems to be high on my own list; however, I take the following daily supplements under the assumption that they may not do much harm and may possibly do some good (with no concrete evidence beyond the anecdotal that they actually do anything): Niacinamide, Vitamin B, Vitamin D3, and Curcumin

Viewing 2 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics