The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

My Warrior Wayne is “NED” after only 7 weeks on ZEL

Forums General Melanoma Community My Warrior Wayne is “NED” after only 7 weeks on ZEL

Participant

He was diagnosed March 13, 2012 with mets from a 1999 ear lobe mole, and started ZEL on April 23, 2012

We returned home today from MDANSERSON bouncing off the walls with joy ! 

Yesterday,  Dr. B showed us the PET and every single one of his tumors were GONE !

He said he ALMOST NEVER saw Liver mets go, but Wayne's were, which put him in the 4% of folks who responded this well on ZEL.

2 liver

4 lung

1  L-5

1  Distal Leg bone

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL GONE !!!!!!!!    

He was diagnosed March 13, 2012 with mets from a 1999 ear lobe mole, and started ZEL on April 23, 2012

We returned home today from MDANSERSON bouncing off the walls with joy ! 

Yesterday,  Dr. B showed us the PET and every single one of his tumors were GONE !

He said he ALMOST NEVER saw Liver mets go, but Wayne's were, which put him in the 4% of folks who responded this well on ZEL.

2 liver

4 lung

1  L-5

1  Distal Leg bone

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL GONE !!!!!!!!    

I hope this will encourage someone !    I pray it last.   He will continue on full dosage of ZEL for now and they will do all the SCANS

again in 8 weeks.   We are so encouraged – we're JUST PLUM OUT OF OUR MINDS !   LOL LOL

MAY YOU BE ENCOURAGED !!!!!!!!!!!!  :-))))))))))

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        hope4cure1
        Participant

That is very happy news!!!  Perfect weekend to celebrate!

Hope

hope4cure1
          Participant

Hope

hope4cure1
            Participant

Hope

lhaley
              Participant

Wonderful news!  This was worth the side effects he had at first.  So happy for both of you!

Linda

lhaley
                Participant

Wonderful news!  This was worth the side effects he had at first.  So happy for both of you!

Linda

lhaley
                  Participant

Linda

Linny
                    Participant

This is wonderful news!!!!!! Now go out and celebrate, you two!

Linny
                      Participant

Linny
                        Participant

MeNDave
                          Participant

Good news = Happy Dance!  Congrats!

Erinmay22
                              Participant

So glad to hear!!!  Hoping Zelboraf helps me too!  Will scan in about 4 weeks.  Just took a week off due to bad rash…  back on at reduced dose.

Thoughts and prayers your way!

Erin

Erinmay22
                                Participant

So glad to hear!!!  Hoping Zelboraf helps me too!  Will scan in about 4 weeks.  Just took a week off due to bad rash…  back on at reduced dose.

Erin

Erinmay22
                                  Participant

Erin

MeNDave
                                  Participant

MeNDave
                                    Participant

aldakota22
                                      Participant

Great news.What a Happy Fathers Day for you and family.Pray "Z" keeps you NED  for life.Want the same for all the other fathers and battlers on site.  Al

aldakota22
                                        Participant

Great news.What a Happy Fathers Day for you and family.Pray "Z" keeps you NED  for life.Want the same for all the other fathers and battlers on site.  Al

aldakota22
                                          Participant

Eileen L
                                            Participant

Congratulations! Hope you are having a wonderful, celebratory weekend.

Eileen L

Eileen L
                                              Participant

Eileen L

Eileen L
                                                Participant

Eileen L

pfloyd
                                                  Participant

That is SOOOOOOOOO awesome!!!!!!! as you said I hope/pray that the results are permanent for you hubby AND for you as well – I KNOW how much of a stress this "issue" puts on both the patient and you (the significant other) … <heavy sigh/tear in the eye as well> … such good news!!! I hope for the same type of results in my case <deep breath> 

… thank you so much for reporting here AND on my thread entry as well … hugs to both of you and your family – keep fighting the fight  …

Michael

pfloyd
                                                    Participant

That is SOOOOOOOOO awesome!!!!!!! as you said I hope/pray that the results are permanent for you hubby AND for you as well – I KNOW how much of a stress this "issue" puts on both the patient and you (the significant other) … <heavy sigh/tear in the eye as well> … such good news!!! I hope for the same type of results in my case <deep breath> 

… thank you so much for reporting here AND on my thread entry as well … hugs to both of you and your family – keep fighting the fight  …

Michael

pfloyd
                                                      Participant

Michael

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics