The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

My sister, Mayeast.

Forums General Melanoma Community My sister, Mayeast.

Participant

My sister, known as Mayeast on this forum,  but who was Cheryl Walters Zweeres, passed away last Tuesday, August l6, 2011 at her home.  She was 62 and was diagnosed exactly one year ago in New Brunswick, N. J.

My sister, known as Mayeast on this forum,  but who was Cheryl Walters Zweeres, passed away last Tuesday, August l6, 2011 at her home.  She was 62 and was diagnosed exactly one year ago in New Brunswick, N. J. with nodular ulcerated Melanoma.  She tried interferon for one month until it affected her liver and  also trial E7080 in March until May until it spread more to her liver.  Then weekly chemo treatments until she developed blood clots and then was found to have further spread in her pancreas, spleen & bones.  My big sister was my hero and I know she would want all of you still strugglling to keep fighting.  God bless us all.

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Replies
        MariaH
        Participant

I am so very sorry to hear of your sister's passing.  To lose a sibling is heartbreaking, and especially one to such a brutal disease.  My heart goes out to you.

Maria

MariaH
          Participant

I am so very sorry to hear of your sister's passing.  To lose a sibling is heartbreaking, and especially one to such a brutal disease.  My heart goes out to you.

Maria

BethA
            Participant

I send my condolences to you and your family in the loss of your sister.  It certainly sounds like she fought a hard battle.  We all have to keep fighting, because sometimes, some of us win.  Your sister was a good example of not giving up.  I'm so sorry for your sadness.  My prayers are with you.  Beth 3/B

BethA
              Participant

I send my condolences to you and your family in the loss of your sister.  It certainly sounds like she fought a hard battle.  We all have to keep fighting, because sometimes, some of us win.  Your sister was a good example of not giving up.  I'm so sorry for your sadness.  My prayers are with you.  Beth 3/B

JuleFL
                Participant
                  My deepest condolences and God Bless you and your family through this sad time.

Jule

JuleFL
                  Participant
                    My deepest condolences and God Bless you and your family through this sad time.

Jule

lhaley
                    Participant

I am so sorry to hear that your sister has passed away. So often we loose members of the board and no one lets us know. 

Cheryl is now free from pain. Remember her as she was before she was sick.

Linda

Erinmay22
                        Participant

Thank you for letting us know.  I was just thinking about her today on my way home from work and thinking I should check on her.  I'm very saddened to hear this.  I had reached out to her months ago about clinical trial she was trying and we had emailed back and forth a few times…  

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Erin

Erinmay22
                          Participant

Thank you for letting us know.  I was just thinking about her today on my way home from work and thinking I should check on her.  I'm very saddened to hear this.  I had reached out to her months ago about clinical trial she was trying and we had emailed back and forth a few times…  

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Erin

lhaley
                          Participant

I am so sorry to hear that your sister has passed away. So often we loose members of the board and no one lets us know. 

Cheryl is now free from pain. Remember her as she was before she was sick.

Linda

kbc123
                            Participant

I am so saddened by this news tonight.  Cheryl and I went back and fourth with our emails since I was diagnosed in January of this year.  I was so, SO upset and scared.  She was one of the first ones on here to try to 'talk me out of the tree'.  I so appreciated that. 

The strange part is that we lived so close to each other ( she was South Plainfield and I am in Colonia – 5 minutes or so away?) We also go to the same doctors – CINJ.    I often thought that we would meet up some day, chit chat, shoot the breeze, after all calmed down.  I had NO idea she had a turn for the worse.  Her quote from the nun, "Stay in the Moment"  – Truer words were never spoken.  My heartfelt sympathy to you for your loss of your big sister, as well as her children and family and friends. 

Maybe this is my wake up call to not WAIT for all to be better before you make plans…you just dont know what the future holds.  

God Bless You Cheryl, sorry we never got to meet, but thank you for caring enough to help me and I hope somehow I may have helped you.

Kathy stage 3a

kbc123
                              Participant

I am so saddened by this news tonight.  Cheryl and I went back and fourth with our emails since I was diagnosed in January of this year.  I was so, SO upset and scared.  She was one of the first ones on here to try to 'talk me out of the tree'.  I so appreciated that. 

The strange part is that we lived so close to each other ( she was South Plainfield and I am in Colonia – 5 minutes or so away?) We also go to the same doctors – CINJ.    I often thought that we would meet up some day, chit chat, shoot the breeze, after all calmed down.  I had NO idea she had a turn for the worse.  Her quote from the nun, "Stay in the Moment"  – Truer words were never spoken.  My heartfelt sympathy to you for your loss of your big sister, as well as her children and family and friends. 

Maybe this is my wake up call to not WAIT for all to be better before you make plans…you just dont know what the future holds.  

God Bless You Cheryl, sorry we never got to meet, but thank you for caring enough to help me and I hope somehow I may have helped you.

Kathy stage 3a

FormerCaregiver
                                Participant

You have my sincere condolences on the loss of your sister. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                  Participant

You have my sincere condolences on the loss of your sister. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Frank from Australia

triciad
                                    Participant

I am truly sorry for your loss.  May the memories you have of Cheryl before this disease help comfort you and stay in your heart.  She fought valiantly against this wicked monster.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Tricia

triciad
                                      Participant

I am truly sorry for your loss.  May the memories you have of Cheryl before this disease help comfort you and stay in your heart.  She fought valiantly against this wicked monster.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Tricia

JerryfromFauq
                                        Participant

Thank you for lettig us know this terrible news.  We are always sorry to learn of one ding from this disease, but are at least glad that the patients pain is no longer existance.  We know what a hole is left in the lives of the ones that are left behind.  Your support of the attaack on Melanoma is still needed.

JerryfromFauq
                                          Participant

Thank you for lettig us know this terrible news.  We are always sorry to learn of one ding from this disease, but are at least glad that the patients pain is no longer existance.  We know what a hole is left in the lives of the ones that are left behind.  Your support of the attaack on Melanoma is still needed.

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics