The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

My one-year anniversary

Forums Ocular Melanoma Community My one-year anniversary

Participant

Just over a year ago I lost the use of the entire right side of my body when a brain met I didn't know I had started bleeding.  After craniotomy, scans showed more tumors: one more brain and 5 or six lung tumors.  I spent a month in rehab learning to walk again, then started on zelboraf for the tumors. I started taking an arthritis class at the YMCA in case the medicine started causing joint pain.  I've been hospitalized twice more, for liver problems from meds, and for a transient ocular ischemia. We are now a year later,and my tumors have shrunk but a

Just over a year ago I lost the use of the entire right side of my body when a brain met I didn't know I had started bleeding.  After craniotomy, scans showed more tumors: one more brain and 5 or six lung tumors.  I spent a month in rehab learning to walk again, then started on zelboraf for the tumors. I started taking an arthritis class at the YMCA in case the medicine started causing joint pain.  I've been hospitalized twice more, for liver problems from meds, and for a transient ocular ischemia. We are now a year later,and my tumors have shrunk but are still there.  I've stayed out of the hospital for 6 months.  My YMCA class morphed into lap swimming. So for my 1 year anniversary, I swam a full mile.  It was amazing to me to think that in one year I've accomplished that much, from being right side paralyzed to a one mile swim.  LET ME TELL YOU, GOD IS GREAT!

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

Happy Anniversary.May you celebrate mnay many more.Yes God is Great.Keep posting the good stories.May one day soon all the posts be positive.Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
          Participant

Happy Anniversary.May you celebrate mnay many more.Yes God is Great.Keep posting the good stories.May one day soon all the posts be positive.Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
            Participant

rosa1
              Participant

Yes, GOD IS GREAT!  I wish you continued success and KEEP THE FAITH!

Rosa

rosa1
                Participant

Rosa

rosa1
                  Participant

Rosa

Hstevens0072
                    Participant
                      Yay! I’m very happy for you.
                      Hstevens0072
                      Participant
                        Hstevens0072
                        Participant
                          washoegal
                          Participant

Thanks for the inspiring story!  Keep up the good work.

Mary

washoegal
                            Participant

Mary

washoegal
                              Participant

Mary

awillett1991
                                Participant
                                  Yes He is! Congratulations! Thanks for posting such a wonderful story!
                                  awillett1991
                                  Participant
                                    awillett1991
                                    Participant
                                      Tina D
                                      Participant

Wow! That is an awesome report! Who would have guessed one year ago that you'd be swimming a mile today?! Sounds like you have been through so much adversity this past year, but I am glad with you that you are doing so well. Congratualtions and thank you for letting us all in on this great news!

Tina

Tina D
                                        Participant

Wow! That is an awesome report! Who would have guessed one year ago that you'd be swimming a mile today?! Sounds like you have been through so much adversity this past year, but I am glad with you that you are doing so well. Congratualtions and thank you for letting us all in on this great news!

Tina

Tina D
                                          Participant

Tina

democat
                                            Participant

Happy anniversary!! Keep swimming and keep fighting!!

Roxanne

democat
                                              Participant

Roxanne

democat
                                                Participant

Roxanne

_Paul_
                                                  Participant
                                                    I just got goosebumps reading your post. I am blown away by your gratitude in spite everything you have suffered. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
                                                    _Paul_
                                                    Participant
                                                      I just got goosebumps reading your post. I am blown away by your gratitude in spite everything you have suffered. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
                                                      _Paul_
                                                      Participant
                                                    Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics