The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

my mpip family

Forums General Melanoma Community my mpip family

Participant
      I think of yall all the timr and check on you each day. Many prayers and much love go out to each of you.

Im looking for information on gabsound. Has anyone heard from here.

I think of yall all the timr and check on you each day. Many prayers and much love go out to each of you.

Im looking for information on gabsound. Has anyone heard from here.

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        POW
        Participant

Oh, Belva, it's so nice of you to keep checking in on us and to still consider us your "MPIP Family". I know how bittersweet it can be to read about others who are fighting on and sometimes achieving incredible success. You are so happy for them but also sad that your loved one didn't get a chance to get that far. I hope that you are doing OK and that you have lots of love and support around you.

POW
          Participant

Oh, Belva, it's so nice of you to keep checking in on us and to still consider us your "MPIP Family". I know how bittersweet it can be to read about others who are fighting on and sometimes achieving incredible success. You are so happy for them but also sad that your loved one didn't get a chance to get that far. I hope that you are doing OK and that you have lots of love and support around you.

POW
            Participant

awillett1991
              Participant
                Belva – so nice to hear from you. I know it must be get on here and think of Lynn. Last I saw a post from gabsound was abt three months ago, she was starting chemo and responding well to it.

Amy

awillett1991
                Participant
                  Belva – so nice to hear from you. I know it must be get on here and think of Lynn. Last I saw a post from gabsound was abt three months ago, she was starting chemo and responding well to it.

Amy

awillett1991
                  Participant

Amy

killmel
                    Participant

Unfortunately, Julie has not posted since her last post on may 21, 2013. She stated that a Brain MRI discovered Brain met. Here is her last post:

Hi all,

I finished up 4 rounds of Abraxane, Avastin and Carboplatin and had scans last Friday. After my fist tretment I saw a soft tissue tumor on my back disappear. Another lesion on my arm went way down by the third treatment, but after the 4 th started growing again. It Is now quite large and uncomfortable. . The lesion on my back is growing back as well. The lesions in my liver I don't think are growing like the arm, or I would be in some serious pain. My bone mets in the spine are bothering me off and on. I started on a fentanyl patch and that is giving me less problems than the MS Contin. Such a balancing act, managing pain and the side effects from the pain meds ( nausea, constipation, sleepiness and for me anxiety).

Pet scan results show mixed response with liver and lungs looking better, but increase in a lot of the lymph nodes, soft tissue lesion in arm and thigh quite large as well as bones and buttocks region.

Brain MRI shows multiple small lesions in the cerebellar and cerebral hemispheres as well as a 19 mm lesion in the left occipital lobe. Devastating news!!

I had a good cry with my husband. We continued today with another chemo treatment which had the dose increased as it is helping some of the lesions.

Plan will be to meet with the radiation Oncologist and get going on treatment for the brain mets. My oncologist wants to start me on MEK inhibitor, hopefully it will be approved soon. He is checking on a trial, but I think brain mets exclude you from most trials. He will attend ASCO next week and hopefully there may be other options.

I am so thankful for all of you on this board. It really does help to have fellow warriors going through this together.

Praying for all of us, and let's keep moving forward .

Julie

I was diagnosed Jan 2011 stage 3. I hoped not to keep progressing like I am, but am so glad for the time I have had with my family and friends. I pray the quality of my life will remain good. Brain wise I think I am asymptotic I feel for my husband who gets all this news and has to support me. He does such a great job. I love him, and am so happy to have him in my life. My daughter will graduate from high school this June. I'm happy to be here for that as well.

killmel
                      Participant

Unfortunately, Julie has not posted since her last post on may 21, 2013. She stated that a Brain MRI discovered Brain met. Here is her last post:

Hi all,

I finished up 4 rounds of Abraxane, Avastin and Carboplatin and had scans last Friday. After my fist tretment I saw a soft tissue tumor on my back disappear. Another lesion on my arm went way down by the third treatment, but after the 4 th started growing again. It Is now quite large and uncomfortable. . The lesion on my back is growing back as well. The lesions in my liver I don't think are growing like the arm, or I would be in some serious pain. My bone mets in the spine are bothering me off and on. I started on a fentanyl patch and that is giving me less problems than the MS Contin. Such a balancing act, managing pain and the side effects from the pain meds ( nausea, constipation, sleepiness and for me anxiety).

Pet scan results show mixed response with liver and lungs looking better, but increase in a lot of the lymph nodes, soft tissue lesion in arm and thigh quite large as well as bones and buttocks region.

Brain MRI shows multiple small lesions in the cerebellar and cerebral hemispheres as well as a 19 mm lesion in the left occipital lobe. Devastating news!!

I had a good cry with my husband. We continued today with another chemo treatment which had the dose increased as it is helping some of the lesions.

Plan will be to meet with the radiation Oncologist and get going on treatment for the brain mets. My oncologist wants to start me on MEK inhibitor, hopefully it will be approved soon. He is checking on a trial, but I think brain mets exclude you from most trials. He will attend ASCO next week and hopefully there may be other options.

I am so thankful for all of you on this board. It really does help to have fellow warriors going through this together.

Julie

I was diagnosed Jan 2011 stage 3. I hoped not to keep progressing like I am, but am so glad for the time I have had with my family and friends. I pray the quality of my life will remain good. Brain wise I think I am asymptotic I feel for my husband who gets all this news and has to support me. He does such a great job. I love him, and am so happy to have him in my life. My daughter will graduate from high school this June. I'm happy to be here for that as well.

killmel
                        Participant

Hi all,

Julie

aldakota22
                          Participant

Good to see your post. Hoping that you are healing after losing Lynn.Only been about  2 months so the pain is still strong.All the best to you and family. Beat the Beast….  Al

aldakota22
                            Participant

Good to see your post. Hoping that you are healing after losing Lynn.Only been about  2 months so the pain is still strong.All the best to you and family. Beat the Beast….  Al

aldakota22
                              Participant

Swanee
                                Participant

So good to have a post from you Belva and how kind that you continue to reach out and help others.  I think of you often and keep positive thoughts that you are loved and cared for by so many of your faithful friends and family.  Take care and know we all love and appreciate hearing from you. 

Swanee
                                  Participant

So good to have a post from you Belva and how kind that you continue to reach out and help others.  I think of you often and keep positive thoughts that you are loved and cared for by so many of your faithful friends and family.  Take care and know we all love and appreciate hearing from you. 

Swanee
                                    Participant

gabsound
                                      Participant

Belva,

On June 12, 2013 my beautiful, loving, and courageous wife Julie passed away.
                                        On Wednesday June 5th we discovered in the hospital emergency room she had suffered hemorrhaging from the brain mets discovered only weeks before. After spending several days in the ICU she came home under hospice care. She passed away in our home surrounded by loving family.

Belva, I am so sorry to read that your husband also passed away.

Your husband and my wife are in a better place now. I can totally relate to your comment "no more struggles no more pain". Thank you for keeping in touch and supporting Julie.

I haven't read all of her entries to this site, but I'm certain Julie offered many intelligent and loving words to the people with melanoma. That's who she was. A genuinely caring person.
                                        Every so often she would come to me crying her eyes out to tell me that someone on the melanoma site had posted losing a loved one to this disease. I could feel her pain. It was as if she had just lost a close friend.  
                                        Julie received comfort from the kind and thoughtful comments from fellow melanoma patients and caregivers. Thank you all for your advice and encouragement these last couple of years.

Julie and I were married for 30 years. I am so proud and blessed to have known and loved this amazing woman.

Bill

gabsound
                                        Participant

Belva,

On Wednesday June 5th we discovered in the hospital emergency room she had suffered hemorrhaging from the brain mets discovered only weeks before. After spending several days in the ICU she came home under hospice care. She passed away in our home surrounded by loving family.

Your husband and my wife are in a better place now. I can totally relate to your comment "no more struggles no more pain". Thank you for keeping in touch and supporting Julie.

I haven't read all of her entries to this site, but I'm certain Julie offered many intelligent and loving words to the people with melanoma. That's who she was. A genuinely caring person.
                                          Every so often she would come to me crying her eyes out to tell me that someone on the melanoma site had posted losing a loved one to this disease. I could feel her pain. It was as if she had just lost a close friend.  
                                          Julie received comfort from the kind and thoughtful comments from fellow melanoma patients and caregivers. Thank you all for your advice and encouragement these last couple of years.

Julie and I were married for 30 years. I am so proud and blessed to have known and loved this amazing woman.

Bill

gabsound
                                          Participant

Belva,

Bill

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics