The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

My mon has stage 4 Melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community My mon has stage 4 Melanoma

Participant

Hi everybody

I write to you because I am really desperate. My mom has a melanoma that has spread  in almost all o bodies except the brain. She is very tired and can hardly walk. She will take part in a trial combo Keytudra / TVEC  you think she still have a chance be cure ?? . sorry for my poor englisch  but  I hope to find some comfort here.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        AliCat61
        Participant

Kamga, my husband has stage 4 metastatic melanoma. He is on Opdivo, rather than Keytruda, but he is responding favorably. Not so very long ago the life expectancy for a stage IV metastatic melanoma diagnosis was pretty short. Thanks to ongoing research and a steady stream of new medications and treatments becoming available there is a lot more hope now. You will hear stories here of people who have lived with that diagnosis for a long time and lived well. I hope you find comfort knowing that you are not alone. There are so many kind and knowledgeable people here. You chose a good community to come to for help and comfort! They have gotten me through a lot of hard days. I will pray for you and your mother. 

sister of patient
          Participant

Hi Kamga – I think everyone here knows that same desperate feeling, you're sure not alone. I can tell you that my sister was in very bad shape only a year ago but, with treatment, she's still here and doing very well. You'll find lots of great information here and many people willing to answer your questions.

Wishing the best for your mom!! Take care.

Barb

Jahendry12
            Participant

You have come to the right place for support and information. I will pray for you and your mom. 

Patrisa
              Participant

Dear Kamga,

you have to a great place for comfort and knowledge… Many of people here have dealt successfully with stage IV melanoma, hopefully your mom will too… Keytruda has been great for so many people, have faith it will work for your beloved mom as well…

My dad has been on keytruda for the past year and a half, also stage IV and he is still alive and kicking, so yes, stage IV can be dealt with success, but no one knows if it's long term, you just have to hope that it will be….

Take care,

Patrisa

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics