The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

My husband Howard passed away

Forums General Melanoma Community My husband Howard passed away

Participant
      On February 4, 2012 my husband passes away from melanoma. Although I never posted much I did read you posts every single day. The support I received from all of you was a life line. Howard was diagnosed with a scalp melanoma in February 2011
      He has a radical neck dissection and high dose radiation over the summer. On Labor Day weekend we walked 5 miles. He came home and coughed up blood. He had 4 rounds of advanced biochemo during the fall and one dose of high dose IL 2.
      On February 4 th I came home to him talking jibberise. It spread to his brain, he had a massive stroke and died 4 days later. He has a peaceful passing surrounded by our 2 sons and myself. I held his hand and told him it was Ok to go, he took one last breath and died.
      He had worked up until 4 days before he died. Howard was a young energetic 62 years old.
      The grief is very hard, we had a very good marriage of 32 years
      Thank you all for sharing all the ups and downs…you are all an inspiration
      Claire
    Viewing 35 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jewel
        Participant

Claire and family

My thoughts and prayers are with you

Jewel

Jewel
          Participant

Claire and family

Jewel

Jewel
            Participant

Claire and family

Jewel

JerryfromFauq
              Participant

Glad that the passing was as well as it was.  I know what a hole can be left, but being surrounded by love and not having extended pain means so much.  Remember the great times he had with you and the boys.

JerryfromFauq
                Participant

Glad that the passing was as well as it was.  I know what a hole can be left, but being surrounded by love and not having extended pain means so much.  Remember the great times he had with you and the boys.

JerryfromFauq
                  Participant

aldakota22
                    Participant

Very sorry to hear of his passing.Died way too young.Try to remember only the good times you shared .God bless.  Al

aldakota22
                      Participant

Very sorry to hear of his passing.Died way too young.Try to remember only the good times you shared .God bless.  Al

deardad
                          Participant

Im sorry to hear you lost your husband. My condolences to you and your family.

You are in my thoughts.

Nahmi

deardad
                            Participant

You are in my thoughts.

Nahmi

deardad
                              Participant

You are in my thoughts.

Nahmi

aldakota22
                              Participant

hope4cure1
                                Participant

Claire,

I am so sorry to hear of Howard's passing.  It sounds like he was determined to stay active for as long as possible, and in that he was successful.  Thank you so much for letting us know.  You lovingly gave him the freedom to rest.  Our prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Hope

hope4cure1
                                  Participant

Claire,

I am so sorry to hear of Howard's passing.  It sounds like he was determined to stay active for as long as possible, and in that he was successful.  Thank you so much for letting us know.  You lovingly gave him the freedom to rest.  Our prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Hope

hope4cure1
                                    Participant

Claire,

Hope

lhaley
                                      Participant

Claire,

I'm so sorry to hear that Howard passed well before his time. Unbeleivable that he was able to work till just 4 days before he passed away. 

Remember your wonderful 32 years.

Linda

lhaley
                                        Participant

Claire,

I'm so sorry to hear that Howard passed well before his time. Unbeleivable that he was able to work till just 4 days before he passed away. 

Linda

lhaley
                                          Participant

Claire,

Linda

Mrsgkr
                                            Participant

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Mrsgkr
                                              Participant

Mrsgkr
                                                Participant

MeNDave
                                                  Participant

Dear Claire,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  I hope that as time passes, your grief lessens and your happy memories become clearer.  Hold him close to your heart, he'll always be with you.

Hugs,

Maria

MeNDave
                                                    Participant

Dear Claire,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  I hope that as time passes, your grief lessens and your happy memories become clearer.  Hold him close to your heart, he'll always be with you.

Hugs,

Maria

MeNDave
                                                      Participant

Dear Claire,

Hugs,

Maria

Gene_S
                                                        Participant

Claire,

sorry to hear of Howards passing.  You and the family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Judy (loving wife and caregiver of Gene Stage IV)

Gene_S
                                                          Participant

Claire,

sorry to hear of Howards passing.  You and the family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Gene_S
                                                            Participant

Claire,

davidfromsingapore
                                                              Participant

Claire

I am so sory for your loss, but I am so happy that you had the opportunity to know this wonderful man and partner.  I am thinking about you and sending strength and prayers your way.  "Better to have love and lost, then never to have loved at all."  

David

davidfromsingapore
                                                                Participant

Claire

I am so sory for your loss, but I am so happy that you had the opportunity to know this wonderful man and partner.  I am thinking about you and sending strength and prayers your way.  "Better to have love and lost, then never to have loved at all."  

David

davidfromsingapore
                                                                  Participant

Claire

David

Phil S
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      Claire, Our thoughts are with you and your sons during this difficult time. Hold your good memories tight and they will bring you comfort. God bless you, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                                                                      Phil S
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        Claire, Our thoughts are with you and your sons during this difficult time. Hold your good memories tight and they will bring you comfort. God bless you, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                                                                        Phil S
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          FormerCaregiver
                                                                          Participant

Claire, I am truly saddened to read of your loss. Please accept my sincere condolences.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                                            Participant

Claire, I am truly saddened to read of your loss. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                                              Participant

Take care

Frank from Australia

Sherron
                                                                                Participant

Claire, I am so sorry for your recent loss.  The pain is unbearable, I know.  My husband, Jim, was diagnosed with Nodular Melonoma of the Scalp in July 2006.  My husband was all about QUALITY LIFE rather than QUANITY LIFE…so his choice were not to do the WLE, no SNB, no drugs, no chemo.  Jim lived for 4 years and 4 and passed away on Nov 30, 2010.  He did fight, and was a warrior, just fought with alternative measures.  He felt great until Sept 2010, and worked 6 day that month, 1 day in October…Before that never went thru any problems at all….It metazied to many places, the worst being his intestines..he had 13 tumors there alone.  He was fully cohert talking, great sense of humor, even up to hours before his death.  I feel sad today, hearing of still other still passing from this ugly disease.  My husband was 64.  He passed away 4 days before our 43rd wedding anniversary.  Our husbands won the battle, they are pain free, and Mel can no longer invade their bodies.  I wish you peace, comfort, and pray you have a great faith in God.  It will help through this journey.  I don't come here often anymore, but saw you post and felt an impulse to reach out.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

you can read his story uder the profile name Sherron.

Sherron
                                                                                  Participant

Claire, I am so sorry for your recent loss.  The pain is unbearable, I know.  My husband, Jim, was diagnosed with Nodular Melonoma of the Scalp in July 2006.  My husband was all about QUALITY LIFE rather than QUANITY LIFE…so his choice were not to do the WLE, no SNB, no drugs, no chemo.  Jim lived for 4 years and 4 and passed away on Nov 30, 2010.  He did fight, and was a warrior, just fought with alternative measures.  He felt great until Sept 2010, and worked 6 day that month, 1 day in October…Before that never went thru any problems at all….It metazied to many places, the worst being his intestines..he had 13 tumors there alone.  He was fully cohert talking, great sense of humor, even up to hours before his death.  I feel sad today, hearing of still other still passing from this ugly disease.  My husband was 64.  He passed away 4 days before our 43rd wedding anniversary.  Our husbands won the battle, they are pain free, and Mel can no longer invade their bodies.  I wish you peace, comfort, and pray you have a great faith in God.  It will help through this journey.  I don't come here often anymore, but saw you post and felt an impulse to reach out.

Take Care,

Sherron
                                                                                    Participant

Take Care,

Viewing 35 reply threads
                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics