The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

My dad will start the GSK braf brain met trial!

Forums General Melanoma Community My dad will start the GSK braf brain met trial!

Participant

My dad finally got into the GSK-braf inhibitor brain met trial at Vanderbilt!  He starts the medicine today and will return in a month for scans.  His doctor (Dr. Sosman) said this was his best option (over gamma knife).  He has two small brain mets as well as 2 lung mets, one in his pelvis and a couple in the neck area.  We just really need him to be a responder so he can hopefully take ipi in the coming months if this drug starts to fail.  Thanks for all your help and I'll let you know how it goes.

Adrienne

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        Rydell
        Participant

Good luck to your father! Please keep us posted on how he is doing on this treatment! Sending positive thoughts your way!!

Amanda (Stage 4)

Rydell
          Participant

Good luck to your father! Please keep us posted on how he is doing on this treatment! Sending positive thoughts your way!!

Amanda (Stage 4)

lhaley
            Participant

Glad everything got moving so quickly!  Please keep us updated!

Linda

lhaley
              Participant

Glad everything got moving so quickly!  Please keep us updated!

Linda

Doug-Pepper
                Participant

Adrienne, just wanted to say good luck. We live in Huntsville, Al. We went to Vandy, but did not want to do clinicals for stage 3. We are waiting & watching. We also completely changed our diets. Following "The Bible Cure for Cancer" Dr. Don Colbert & other nutritional cancer fighting books. This was the only thing I could do to help my husband. Juicing & eating healthy has made him feel better than he has in years. Praying for your family, Pepper.

Doug-Pepper
                  Participant

Adrienne, just wanted to say good luck. We live in Huntsville, Al. We went to Vandy, but did not want to do clinicals for stage 3. We are waiting & watching. We also completely changed our diets. Following "The Bible Cure for Cancer" Dr. Don Colbert & other nutritional cancer fighting books. This was the only thing I could do to help my husband. Juicing & eating healthy has made him feel better than he has in years. Praying for your family, Pepper.

Fen
                    Participant

Great!  Here's hoping and praying that he responds.

fen

Fen
                      Participant

Great!  Here's hoping and praying that he responds.

fen

DebbieH
                        Participant

Good luck!  Let us know how he's doing – we love to hear good news!

DebbieH

DebbieH
                          Participant

Good luck!  Let us know how he's doing – we love to hear good news!

DebbieH

Viewing 9 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics