The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

My dad has passed on..

Forums General Melanoma Community My dad has passed on..

Participant
      Hi everyone,

My dad passed away peacefully this morning. My mom was right there with him. Even though his brain tumors had gotten better from treatment his brain was clearly damaged.

Yesterday morning he ended up with pneumonia and sepsis. His oxygen level was only at 65% even with oxygen support.

The doctors are saying that the damage done to the brain was a combination between treatments and the numerous seizures he suffered. They had never seen a case like his and can’t really understand what exactly happened.

At the end he was barely responsive and was getting gradually worse with each passing day.

I want to thank you for all your support in the past nine months. Much love to everyone and I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Annie

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        casagrayson
        Participant

I'm so sorry, Annie.  I wish you and your mother peace.

Bradley75
          Participant

Sorry for your loss.  Praying for peace and comfort for you and all involved.

Brad

marta010
            Participant

Annie – so sorry for your family's loss.  I hope his peaceful passing brings you comfort.  Take care.

Scooby123
              Participant

So sorry of your sad news. So much sadness latley my heart goes out to you and your family.

Scooby❤️

I am so sorry for your loss Annie, I wish you and your family lots of strength in these difficult times

jennunicorn
                Participant

I am so sorry Annie. I wish this wasn't his outcome, but I am glad that he is at peace and no longer suffering. Sending big hugs and lots of love to you. 

Bubbles
                  Participant

So sorry, Annie.  You were an amazing advocate for your dad.  You can be proud and at peace with that. Still, that doesn't take away your pain and loss.  Hang in there.  Celeste

maperny
                    Participant

So sorry for your loss, Annie.  Cherish your memories and I hope it gives you comfort to know that he is at peace now and no longer suffering.

God Bless you all

Maria

Corinne
                      Participant

I am so sorry for your family's loss. 

CHD
                        Participant

Annie,

I too am so sorry for your loss.  Hugs to you,

Cheri

debwray
                          Participant

Annie,

So sorry to hear this news. I hope he is now in a better place. Your love for him and your mum has been obvious from your posts. 

Words don't really cut it at this point. Internet hugs and waves of good wishes to you and your family.

D

Xx

Patrisa
                            Participant

Dear Annie,

I am so sorry for your loss…. Can´t take much more of this bad news….it just breaks my heart….

Take care of you and your mom now…..

Love,

Patrisa

kim1224
                              Participant

Annie,

I am so sorry to hear about your dad.  My prayers are with you and your family.  I wanted to let you know that I was following your dad's story for a while because it was very similar to my dad's.  I haven't been on in several weeks because of what has been going on with my dad.  I just looked back at your last couple of posts and whatever happened with your dad is exactly what is going on with mine.  The doctors are also saying they have never seen a case like his before and have no answers for us.  I know the pain and heartbreak and wish you peace during this difficult time.

Kim

snow white
                                Participant

oh Annie, I am so sorry to hear of you Dad's passing.  Thinking of you and your family in this difficult time.

xo Jen

Momofjake
                                  Participant

Thank you for letting us know. Not everyone understands this world of melanoma or the heartbreak. We do. We rally together in these devastating moments. Prayers and love from all here. 

So sorry,

kerri

keepthefaith11
                                    Participant
                                      Thank you so much everyone…it means a lot.

Annie

Terrified
                                      Participant

I am so sorry Annie. Your love for him was evident.

Judy

jenny22
                                        Participant

Annie- so very very sorry to hear about your Dads passing……very tough times for sure….

Sending wishes for healing and condolences to you and your family.

best,

jenny

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics