The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

My dad has left us….

Forums General Melanoma Community My dad has left us….

Participant

I just wanted to share that after a year of battling melanoma my dad has gone to be with the Lord.  Things went down hill quickly after not responding to IL-2, and braf and then b-raf for brain mets. We were hoping to give ipi a try but there just wasn't time. He fought to the very end and so badly wanted to beat this horrible disease.  His father and sister also battled melanoma and passed away.  

I just wanted to share that after a year of battling melanoma my dad has gone to be with the Lord.  Things went down hill quickly after not responding to IL-2, and braf and then b-raf for brain mets. We were hoping to give ipi a try but there just wasn't time. He fought to the very end and so badly wanted to beat this horrible disease.  His father and sister also battled melanoma and passed away.  

I wanted to say thank you for this forum and the knowledge and information you all share.  I admire all those that are fighting melanoma and hope and pray that a cure can be found.  Continue to fight and never lose hope.

My dad will be missed tremendously by many but we know that melanoma know longer has a hold of him.  

Here is my blog where I pay a little tribute to him if you're interested:

http://wwwourunexpectedjourney.blogspot.com/2011/05/forever-in-our-hearts.html

Thanks again for all you do and stay strong!!!

Adrienne

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        Carol Taylor
        Participant

Hi Adrienne,

My heart goes out to you and your family. I read your tribute to your Dad and he sounds like an incredible warrior who left an amazing example in many ways.  May you see him in your children and know he's still with you.

Lord, in Your mercy, you grieve with Adrienne and her family even as you have welcomed her Dad home. Comfort, strengthen and bring your peace in the pain. And thank you, God, for giving him to Adrienne, even if only for a while. Amen.

Grace and much peace to your spirit,

Carol

Vermont_Donna
            Participant

Hi,

So sorry to hear about your dad passing away, what a loss for you and your family. And to hear that his father and sister also died from melanoma…how horrible this disease is! It is hard to watch someone not get better and die from a cancer, we all think that medical care should have advanced by now to conquer all cancers, but sadly this is not the case.

Bask in the warmth from your memories of your father, and be with family and friends. Gotta take care of yourself too, so hopefully these things are all happening. Thanks so much for letting us all know. We appreciate it, and are so sorry for your loss.

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
              Participant

Hi,

So sorry to hear about your dad passing away, what a loss for you and your family. And to hear that his father and sister also died from melanoma…how horrible this disease is! It is hard to watch someone not get better and die from a cancer, we all think that medical care should have advanced by now to conquer all cancers, but sadly this is not the case.

Bask in the warmth from your memories of your father, and be with family and friends. Gotta take care of yourself too, so hopefully these things are all happening. Thanks so much for letting us all know. We appreciate it, and are so sorry for your loss.

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Carol Taylor
              Participant

Hi Adrienne,

My heart goes out to you and your family. I read your tribute to your Dad and he sounds like an incredible warrior who left an amazing example in many ways.  May you see him in your children and know he's still with you.

Lord, in Your mercy, you grieve with Adrienne and her family even as you have welcomed her Dad home. Comfort, strengthen and bring your peace in the pain. And thank you, God, for giving him to Adrienne, even if only for a while. Amen.

Grace and much peace to your spirit,

Carol

jhoey
                Participant

Adrienne,

My deepest sympathy to you & your family. 

Janet

jhoey
                  Participant

Adrienne,

My deepest sympathy to you & your family. 

Janet

Lori C
                    Participant

I am very sorry for your loss.  I read your tribute and it was lovely.  May his memory be a blessing.

Lori

Lori C
                      Participant

I am very sorry for your loss.  I read your tribute and it was lovely.  May his memory be a blessing.

Lori

PSD
                        Participant

Adrienne,

I have read your blog and your father was an amazing man with determination to the end. I am sorry all the pain and sorrow your family has endured during these many struggles with melanoma. May you find comfort in your family and your faith.

Pam

PSD
                          Participant

Adrienne,

I have read your blog and your father was an amazing man with determination to the end. I am sorry all the pain and sorrow your family has endured during these many struggles with melanoma. May you find comfort in your family and your faith.

Pam

KatyWI
                            Participant

I'm so sorry to hear this.  I remember your earlier posts; you were doing all you could to try and find options for your dad. 

Katy

KatyWI
                              Participant

I'm so sorry to hear this.  I remember your earlier posts; you were doing all you could to try and find options for your dad. 

Katy

FormerCaregiver
                                Participant

You have my sincere condolences on the loss of your dad. May the comfort of God help you and your
                                  family during this difficult time.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                  Participant

You have my sincere condolences on the loss of your dad. May the comfort of God help you and your
                                    family during this difficult time.

Frank from Australia

MaryD
                                    Participant

Hi Adrienne,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Dad – he was clearly a wonderful man who will be missed so dearly.  Sending thoughts and prayers that his love for all of you will comfort you during this very difficult time.

Sincere condolences,

Mary

MaryD
                                      Participant

Hi Adrienne,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Dad – he was clearly a wonderful man who will be missed so dearly.  Sending thoughts and prayers that his love for all of you will comfort you during this very difficult time.

Sincere condolences,

Mary

ADSCLT
                                        Participant

I'm so sorry to hear your father has passed.  My prayers are for you and your family.  My family is in the same position now.  I hope that you can find peace and strength during this difficult time.

April

ADSCLT
                                          Participant

I'm so sorry to hear your father has passed.  My prayers are for you and your family.  My family is in the same position now.  I hope that you can find peace and strength during this difficult time.

April

naty
                                            Participant

I am so sorry!  I lost my dad in January from melanoma.  My thoughts and prayers are for you and your family.  

naty
                                              Participant

I am so sorry!  I lost my dad in January from melanoma.  My thoughts and prayers are for you and your family.  

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics