The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

My Alternative Treatment Carole K

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community My Alternative Treatment Carole K

Participant

I felt since so many people asked about the treatment I did, it would be easier to reply on the board.  Let me start by saying  I AM NOT IN ANY WAY OPPOSED TO CONVENTIONAL TREATMENTS.  I just chose after much research to do alternative therapy. 

I felt since so many people asked about the treatment I did, it would be easier to reply on the board.  Let me start by saying  I AM NOT IN ANY WAY OPPOSED TO CONVENTIONAL TREATMENTS.  I just chose after much research to do alternative therapy. 

After having been diagnosed with the brain met and knowing what my prognosis was I fetl alternative medicine was best for me.  I still see my oncologist , and my neurosurgeon and I lvoe them to death.  I made the decision to do anthroposophy. I felt I wnated to live my life to the best of my ability.  I did not want to be sick for whatever time I had left on this planet. 

Let me just clarify that doctors who practice Anthroposophy are MD"s who have gone to medical school, interships and residency.  They chose a different path to practice medicine,  Anthroposophy was started in Berlin and is a standard form of practice there.  Anthroposophy doctors for the most part are part of a community, it's a way of life.. someof you may have heard of THE WALDORF SCHOOL. They are part of the Anthroposphy way of life. they grow veggies hydroponically.  they live a very simple life and for the most part stress free….sounds good to me..

The doctor who prescribed my regime was in the process of moving to Louisville, Ky when I went to the office. I did not see him, but anothe doctor who took over his practice at the time.  Dr. Johnson prescribed injections of Mistletoe, yes,  the kissing branch, this is for the cancer,  astralagus for the immune system and formica for overall well being. I gave myself injections twice a day three times a week for about two- tow and one half years. 

I also became very selfish and began meditating, having massages ( yes I know they are controversial for cancer patients ) and taking care of CAROLE.  I knew I was in trouble and had to do all I could to try to get my body back in balance…. I had been doing a great deal of exercise at the time and continued with it, walked on average of 3-5 miles a day— to keep the endorfins high.. on the recommendation of Dr. Morton at JWCI.  also I swam daily  ( which I miss more than anything at this point.. I now live on Long Island adn boy where I am it is an ISLAND.  LOL  ).  I was in good shape.Sadly, not any more. 

I followed a macrobiotic diet for two years and am very sorry I went off it.  I strongly recommend it ….  I am following it somewhat but not like I once did. The first four to six weeks are very cleansing..  you would not believe the toxins excreted from your body, your skin breaks out, you have horrible breath and you loose weight.,  but once you are cleansed you will never look better, feel better or have more energy , NO FOOD CRAVINGS… and an overall feeling of complete well being..  Yes, I know I have to get back to it  FULL TIME AND TOTALLY. 

If anyone would like any information please e mail me directly— [email protected]

Alternative medicine is not for everyone.. DO WHAT YOU FEEL IS BEST FOR YOU.  GO with your decision and NEVER LOOK BACK.  NEVER GIVE UP HOPE.

Love and Light

Carole

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        Carole K
        Participant

leCORRECTION  

It has been brought to my attention I did not mention having had a craniotomy.  I was scheduled for Gamma Knife but in the meantime the tumor burst so I had to have a craniotomy.  My apologies for not including this information. 

DO WHAT YOU FEEL IS BEST FOR YOU…..

Love and Light

Carole

Carole K
          Participant

leCORRECTION  

It has been brought to my attention I did not mention having had a craniotomy.  I was scheduled for Gamma Knife but in the meantime the tumor burst so I had to have a craniotomy.  My apologies for not including this information. 

Love and Light

Carole

Carole K
            Participant

leCORRECTION  

Love and Light

Carole

Carole K
              Participant

leCORRECTION  

Love and Light

Carole

MRFUser2011
                Participant

Carole, thanks for posting this info here for all.  I am curious, what is controversial about cancer patients getting massage?  (I think I have been doing a lot of things I am not "supposed" to!!)

Blessings, Shari

Laurie from maine
                    Participant

Hi Carole,

Thank you so much for posting your alternative treatment.  IT is very interesting and such wonderful results for you.  I did wonder do you do scans at all?   I love how you realized you needed to put yourself first, a hard thing to do for a lot of us.  Thank you again for posting, and congratulations on your continued good health.

laurie

Laurie from maine
                      Participant

Hi Carole,

Thank you so much for posting your alternative treatment.  IT is very interesting and such wonderful results for you.  I did wonder do you do scans at all?   I love how you realized you needed to put yourself first, a hard thing to do for a lot of us.  Thank you again for posting, and congratulations on your continued good health.

laurie

MRFUser2011
                      Participant

Carole, thanks for posting this info here for all.  I am curious, what is controversial about cancer patients getting massage?  (I think I have been doing a lot of things I am not "supposed" to!!)

Blessings, Shari

KellieSue
                        Participant

Thank you so much for posting your experience. I'm so happy for you that you have remained NED for so long. I go back and forth about changing my diet. I did an agressive diet change when I first progressed to Stage 4, 2 years ago but have really really gone to the wayside since then.

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV

KellieSue
                          Participant

Thank you so much for posting your experience. I'm so happy for you that you have remained NED for so long. I go back and forth about changing my diet. I did an agressive diet change when I first progressed to Stage 4, 2 years ago but have really really gone to the wayside since then.

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV

Suzan AB
                            Participant

Thank you so much Carole!  Just printed it out and I am going to do some research.  WhooHoo

My best,

Suzan AB

Stage IV  w/crappy lung nodes

Suzan AB
                              Participant

Thank you so much Carole!  Just printed it out and I am going to do some research.  WhooHoo

My best,

Suzan AB

Stage IV  w/crappy lung nodes

Viewing 9 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics