The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

MRI showed shrinking tumors after WBR

Forums General Melanoma Community MRI showed shrinking tumors after WBR

Everyday there is an improvement to my left side,  the sciatica has cleared away, lots of muscle waste.  My concern is really the right side of my face: it feels like it asleep,or numb.  What did Amy B. have?

Everyday there is an improvement to my left side,  the sciatica has cleared away, lots of muscle waste.  My concern is really the right side of my face: it feels like it asleep,or numb.  What did Amy B. have?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Replies
      MichaelFL
      Participant

Glad you are improving, keep it up.

Not sure of your question-"what did Amy have? Are you asking that she had  WBR? She did. I also believe she had  intrathecal IL-2 for the leptomeningial mets as well.

Michael

MichaelFL
        Participant

Glad you are improving, keep it up.

Not sure of your question-"what did Amy have? Are you asking that she had  WBR? She did. I also believe she had  intrathecal IL-2 for the leptomeningial mets as well.

Michael

JerryfromFauq
          Participant

Dr Papa is the only Oncologist that i have heard of doing the iL-2 to the brain and spinal area that Amy had done.  Her fluid has tested clear for the last four months of checking.  Now if they will just let her receive other treatments that were stopped (allowing the other tumors to again progress).  Amy's case again shows the point that the MRF has started pushing,  "ONE TYPE OF TREATMENT ALONE IS OFTEN NOT THE TOTAL ANSWER TO MELANOMA."  Dual concurrent treatments are most likely the future of melanoma stage IV treatments.

Vermont_Donna
              Participant

Dear Shelley,

I am following you here and on the Caring Bridges site. I am glad to see some improvements happening, every day you are getting stronger and have more control over your muscles! Keep up the good work!

Love from Vermont,

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
                Participant

Dear Shelley,

I am following you here and on the Caring Bridges site. I am glad to see some improvements happening, every day you are getting stronger and have more control over your muscles! Keep up the good work!

Love from Vermont,

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

JerryfromFauq
                Participant

Dr Papa is the only Oncologist that i have heard of doing the iL-2 to the brain and spinal area that Amy had done.  Her fluid has tested clear for the last four months of checking.  Now if they will just let her receive other treatments that were stopped (allowing the other tumors to again progress).  Amy's case again shows the point that the MRF has started pushing,  "ONE TYPE OF TREATMENT ALONE IS OFTEN NOT THE TOTAL ANSWER TO MELANOMA."  Dual concurrent treatments are most likely the future of melanoma stage IV treatments.

Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics