The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

MRI all clear.

Forums General Melanoma Community MRI all clear.

Participant

Have been having a lot of neck pain lately, and it has radiated up into my head.  Despite my wife telling me I spend too much time on the internet, I feared the worse, and worry about melanoma.  Got my MRI today and my brain is disease free, actually much improved from September.

Have been having a lot of neck pain lately, and it has radiated up into my head.  Despite my wife telling me I spend too much time on the internet, I feared the worse, and worry about melanoma.  Got my MRI today and my brain is disease free, actually much improved from September.  If you go through my profile you will see that despite my last 2 brain surgeries, I have been disease free since March of 2008, which would mean that I am disease free for 2 years and 10 months (almost 3, but I don't like to assume anything with melanoma) needless to say, I have to cut down on computer time.

Viewing 25 reply threads
    • Replies
        James from Sydney
        Participant

great to hear your news, you continue to give so many people hope at a time when they think they have no chance.

best wishes

James

James from Sydney
          Participant

great to hear your news, you continue to give so many people hope at a time when they think they have no chance.

best wishes

James

Bonnie Lea
            Participant

Oh good John  Ii am soooo happy to hear this.   You have lost weight, you have HAIR  you aint no Fudd no moe!  You look quite Dr. Doolittleish.  and your brain is free from disease.  Life is indeed a garden.

Congrats and heaps of good to bestus of all wishes for you and Merry and the furry little ones. 

Bonnie Lea
              Participant

Oh good John  Ii am soooo happy to hear this.   You have lost weight, you have HAIR  you aint no Fudd no moe!  You look quite Dr. Doolittleish.  and your brain is free from disease.  Life is indeed a garden.

Congrats and heaps of good to bestus of all wishes for you and Merry and the furry little ones. 

lhaley
                Participant

Great news!!!!  I love to hear good news, especially with brain MRI's!

Linda

lhaley
                  Participant

Great news!!!!  I love to hear good news, especially with brain MRI's!

Linda

Jerry from Cape Cod
                    Participant

Great news John.

Thank goodness the operations and radiation had little affect on your wit and charm!

Jerry from Cape Cod

Jerry from Cape Cod
                      Participant

Great news John.

Thank goodness the operations and radiation had little affect on your wit and charm!

Jerry from Cape Cod

JakeinNY
                        Participant

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Keep the immune system strong.

Laugh, love, and live!!!

Feed your body, mind and spirit with all of the best things.

Best wishes for a long life.

JakeinNY
                          Participant

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Keep the immune system strong.

Laugh, love, and live!!!

Feed your body, mind and spirit with all of the best things.

Best wishes for a long life.

LynnLuc
                            Participant

Great news on your NED! I need to speed less time on internet too but that FB is also addictive…I need to start getting my energy and stamina back..I have become fat and lazy since my diagnosis in Spring 09…I think I blame the vaccine trial for zapping my energy more then it has because I am just plain out of shape now,,,it doesn't help that my thyroid is affected though…

LynnLuc
                              Participant

Great news on your NED! I need to speed less time on internet too but that FB is also addictive…I need to start getting my energy and stamina back..I have become fat and lazy since my diagnosis in Spring 09…I think I blame the vaccine trial for zapping my energy more then it has because I am just plain out of shape now,,,it doesn't help that my thyroid is affected though…

bcl
                                Participant

Sorry to hear about the neck pain John, but delighted to hear your scan was clear,   linda

bcl
                                  Participant

Sorry to hear about the neck pain John, but delighted to hear your scan was clear,   linda

Yahoo!  Clear scans sounds awesome.  Your story is one that inspires me all the time.  You are a strong warrior!  I am so happy to hear that everything still came back clear.  That is awesome! 

I too am told by my husband to get off 'that damn internet.."  but it has such a strong pull doesn't it? 

Take care and keep up the NED status.

Shelly stage IV, roche braf trial since June 14, 2010 and still going!

Yahoo!  Clear scans sounds awesome.  Your story is one that inspires me all the time.  You are a strong warrior!  I am so happy to hear that everything still came back clear.  That is awesome! 

I too am told by my husband to get off 'that damn internet.."  but it has such a strong pull doesn't it? 

Take care and keep up the NED status.

Shelly stage IV, roche braf trial since June 14, 2010 and still going!

kylez
                                    Participant

Congrats on remaining NED.

Looking at your profile… I've had the following this year — VATS, IL2, craniotomy on brain tumor #1, and SRS on brain tumor #2. It's encouraging to hear that you've kept going after these things and much more.

– Kyle

jag
                                        Participant

Hang in there Kyle.  

jag
                                          Participant

Hang in there Kyle.  

kylez
                                          Participant

Congrats on remaining NED.

Looking at your profile… I've had the following this year — VATS, IL2, craniotomy on brain tumor #1, and SRS on brain tumor #2. It's encouraging to hear that you've kept going after these things and much more.

– Kyle

Vermont_Donna
                                            Participant

Wow!! Such good news! It is hard to not think of melanoma for every ache and pain and new symptom. We wouldnt be your average human being if we didnt worry, or didnt go to the "dark side" as I call it (thinking about dying and death) every now and then. That process helps us in our mind, to ease us into the news if it IS bad/negative….BUT then we process it for what it is, get depressed, then get mad and want to fight. Its a process. So never mind about the internet usage, its a way to alleviate your stress. For me coming to this board always helps me feel better…..if not from reading other's story who "have it worse than me" its from reading about the HOPE that others have and from learning about other treatments and other miracles that DO OCCUR!!!    THAT ALL KEEPS ME GOING!!!!

I just read your profile, for the first time, and got such a big chuckle…even in the face of such a terrible disease, your sense of humor shines through! You are amazing!

Hugs, and keep on being NED!!!

Vermont_Donna

stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
                                              Participant

Wow!! Such good news! It is hard to not think of melanoma for every ache and pain and new symptom. We wouldnt be your average human being if we didnt worry, or didnt go to the "dark side" as I call it (thinking about dying and death) every now and then. That process helps us in our mind, to ease us into the news if it IS bad/negative….BUT then we process it for what it is, get depressed, then get mad and want to fight. Its a process. So never mind about the internet usage, its a way to alleviate your stress. For me coming to this board always helps me feel better…..if not from reading other's story who "have it worse than me" its from reading about the HOPE that others have and from learning about other treatments and other miracles that DO OCCUR!!!    THAT ALL KEEPS ME GOING!!!!

I just read your profile, for the first time, and got such a big chuckle…even in the face of such a terrible disease, your sense of humor shines through! You are amazing!

Hugs, and keep on being NED!!!

Vermont_Donna

stage 3a

Kimmer
                                                Participant

YAY!  I am so glad to hear this…sorry about the neck pain though, Doc.  Bonnie is right, you do have hair.  Good hair.  And a lovely lady to keep you straight.

: )  K.

Kimmer
                                                  Participant

YAY!  I am so glad to hear this…sorry about the neck pain though, Doc.  Bonnie is right, you do have hair.  Good hair.  And a lovely lady to keep you straight.

: )  K.

dian in spokane
                                                    Participant

John that's great news! With your history,  I don't think it's the least bit paranoid for you to consider melanoma.

Great news.

dian

dian in spokane
                                                      Participant

John that's great news! With your history,  I don't think it's the least bit paranoid for you to consider melanoma.

Great news.

dian

NicOz
                                                        Participant

AHA! Good news for sure, but you really MUST stop looking for excuses to catch up to my impressive craniotomy number πŸ˜› Girls are just simply better at some thing and you need to accept it πŸ™‚ I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding something else to occupy your time! Imagine what you can accomplish utilising your time spent away from the computer, and time previously spent being constantly scanned and operated on?! Perhaps you can run for office?? πŸ˜€

Very pleased to hear your news and read that your brain cells are no longer attracting mel!

Love to you and Merry

xxx

NicOz
                                                          Participant

AHA! Good news for sure, but you really MUST stop looking for excuses to catch up to my impressive craniotomy number πŸ˜› Girls are just simply better at some thing and you need to accept it πŸ™‚ I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding something else to occupy your time! Imagine what you can accomplish utilising your time spent away from the computer, and time previously spent being constantly scanned and operated on?! Perhaps you can run for office?? πŸ˜€

Very pleased to hear your news and read that your brain cells are no longer attracting mel!

Love to you and Merry

xxx

Viewing 25 reply threads
                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics