The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

More Good news on NYE – Keytruda Response!

Forums General Melanoma Community More Good news on NYE – Keytruda Response!

Participant

I find that adding these posts are good for hope and to help others learn about the potential responses, timing, rates and so forth.

Here's my stats:  Dx stage 2 on 6/3/14 (mel on toe).  Dx Stage 3 on/about July of 2014 (SLNB – surgery to remove part of toe).  Did not do interferon – close follow up/scans every 3 months.

Dx stage 4 on 12/23/14 (severe discomfort in back, chest and shoulder).  Scan revealed mets throughout chest bone structure including breast plate, ribs, back and spots on left leg.  Mets on liver.  

Treatments:

Xgeva:  Jan to present

Ipi:  Jan-April 2015.  Limited response, but growth of mets – Significantly reduced pain related to bone mets. 

Keytruda:  April – Present.  

Scan in July 2015:  Stopped growth.  Significant sclreosis of bones and potential new bone growth.  No pain.  Still some uptake of tracer in bones.  Liver mets appeared slightly larger but difficult to tell.

Scan in October 2015:  Still not significant growth.  Major sclerosis and photopenia in bones – could be reaction of Keytruda/Xgeva killing mets and building bones back up.  Stil some tracer uptake w/ bones. Suggestive of partial response.  Liver mets appeared slightly larger but could be inflamed. 

At this point, Doc insisted on continued treatment.  

Scan in December 2015:  Same results for bones, but no more uptake.  All tracer uptake at normal levels.  No uptake on liver – no mets noted.  Suggests complete response to therapy.  NED.

As of right now, I'm NED and my wife and I are thrilled.  We went through a long process to get here and were very fearful as each scan passed w/o reduction to the liver mets that we would never get here.  Liver mets are noted to be difficult to eliminate and most keytruda responders seem to come quickly.  But, we proved to be quite different.  

It's a good way to start 2016.  

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        blessd4x
        Participant

Wonderful news!!  Gives me hope!  God Bless and have an amazing New Year!

blessd4x
          Participant

blessd4x
            Participant

Bubbles
              Participant

Congratulations! Beating liver mets is no small thing indeed. That's wonderful! Celeste

Bubbles
                Participant

Congratulations! Beating liver mets is no small thing indeed. That's wonderful! Celeste

Bubbles
                  Participant

Jubes
                    Participant

Thanks for posting. Such great news!!!

anne-Louise 

Jubes
                      Participant

anne-Louise 

Jubes
                        Participant

anne-Louise 

Eileensulliv
                          Participant

Wonderful news… A happy new year, indeed!

Eileensulliv
                            Participant

Eileensulliv
                              Participant

mrsaxde
                                Participant

What great news to get to start the new year! I had a restaging scan on New Year's Eve. The prior one in September showed all my lesions were slowly shrinking thanks to Keytruda. I'm hoping this scan will show that continuing.

It's great that things are going in the right direction for you!

-Bill

mrsaxde
                                  Participant

What great news to get to start the new year! I had a restaging scan on New Year's Eve. The prior one in September showed all my lesions were slowly shrinking thanks to Keytruda. I'm hoping this scan will show that continuing.

-Bill

mrsaxde
                                    Participant

-Bill

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics