The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

MM and HRT

Forums General Melanoma Community MM and HRT

Participant

Do anyone  know of any connection between HRT and an increased chance of MM? I tried to see what was on the web and there isn't much but what I did find says there is not a proven connection. So, is MM considered not a horomone based cancer?  Has anyone recieved advice against taking HRT if they have had MM?

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Scooby123
        Participant

Hi/

I am a melanoma stage IV , age 50 and going through the change at present. I am having night sweats and joint ach at present. Did speak to my GP but i did talk about HRT treatment and i was really not wanting to go in due to having cancer. She recommended a antidepressent meds to try which are good for sweats so giving them a go. I think i read if you are taking HRT treatment for a long time there is a risk but there is lots of other treatments if you are worried. Speak to your GP.

Scooby

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics