The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Mk3475 12 wk update

Forums General Melanoma Community Mk3475 12 wk update

Participant
      Scans show no new signs of Mel and cardiac tumor is shrinking just enough to stay on the trial. I will rescan and they will reevaluate in 6 weeks. The worst side effect is fatigue. I also have chills in the evenings and sweats at night. I’m having trouble w my protein, my ALP, and hemoglobin keeps dropping below 9. Otherwise, much easier than other therapies I’ve tried. I am thankful to God for every day.

Amy

Scans show no new signs of Mel and cardiac tumor is shrinking just enough to stay on the trial. I will rescan and they will reevaluate in 6 weeks. The worst side effect is fatigue. I also have chills in the evenings and sweats at night. I’m having trouble w my protein, my ALP, and hemoglobin keeps dropping below 9. Otherwise, much easier than other therapies I’ve tried. I am thankful to God for every day.

Amy

Viewing 18 reply threads
    • Replies
        Tim–MRF

Great news!  I was just thinking of you a couple of days ago and am happy to hear this update.

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

Great news!  I was just thinking of you a couple of days ago and am happy to hear this update.

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

Everymoment
              Participant

This is great news:-) 

Everymoment
                Participant

Everymoment
                  Participant

Jaryllane
                    Participant

Hi Amy:

So glad to hear that your cardiac tumor is shrinking.  From what little I have heard it can take a while for this drug to work.  I had my second infusion last week and this time no shortness of breath or serious fatigue afterwards.  This is my first therapy for metastatic melanoma so I'm always encouraged when I hear positive reports from other patients.

Jaryllane
                      Participant

Hi Amy:

So glad to hear that your cardiac tumor is shrinking.  From what little I have heard it can take a while for this drug to work.  I had my second infusion last week and this time no shortness of breath or serious fatigue afterwards.  This is my first therapy for metastatic melanoma so I'm always encouraged when I hear positive reports from other patients.

Jaryllane
                        Participant

Hi Amy:

Brendan
                          Participant

Hi Amy,

Glad to hear the cardiac tumor is shrinking.  Great news!  Good luck.

Brendan

Brendan
                            Participant

Hi Amy,

Brendan

Brendan
                              Participant

Hi Amy,

Brendan

NYKaren
                                Participant

Hi Amy,

So glad it's shrinking. 

Be well,

Karen

JerryfromFauq
                                  Participant

Love hearing this, Amy.

JerryfromFauq
                                    Participant

Love hearing this, Amy.

JerryfromFauq
                                      Participant

Love hearing this, Amy.

awillett1991
                                        Participant
                                          Thanks y’all!
                                          awillett1991
                                          Participant
                                            Thanks y’all!
                                            awillett1991
                                            Participant
                                              Thanks y’all!
                                              NYKaren
                                              Participant

Hi Amy,

So glad it's shrinking. 

Be well,

Karen

NYKaren
                                                Participant

Hi Amy,

So glad it's shrinking. 

Be well,

Karen

Viewing 18 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics