The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Mixed response IPI Reinduction

Forums General Melanoma Community Mixed response IPI Reinduction

Participant
      Well, got the result of first set of scans post 2nd round of IPI (Yervoy). Thankfully, the brain MRI remains clear. PET/CT shows increased # and intensity of bone mets- mets in 2 spots in the spine (mid thoracic and lumbar), rib, pelvis, upper left femur and right humerus. Lungs are clear- yeah!! Liver still shows multiple lesions, some old and some new. The larger lesion I had after first round of IPI is no longer metabolically active. The SUV levels range from around 3 to 10.8.

I had to get a femur x ray today as well as they found “endosteal scalloping putting pt at increased risk for developing a pathologic fracture”.
      Fortunately, this spot is not currently hurting. Will have to hear back on that from dr. Makes me glad I didn’t take up jogging, or start working out w weights yet!

With the last round, as well as the recently completed round, I would have bouts of pretty intense pain. Last time intense pain in spine and hips, that eventually got better. Also bad pain in right upper abdomen corresponding with a liver lesion that grew and eventually almost disappeared. This time bad pain in right humerus as well as left lower chest just under breast region ( feel pain when coughing, taking in a big breath and sneezing). Right humerus showed a lesion, nothing in left chest or upper abdomen. I feel like I get this intense pain when my body is actively attacking the lesions. Unfortunately, as of yet it has not gotten to work on a lot of lesions. Has anyone else felt this?

All in all, I don’t feel I can complain too much. The bone pain is no fun, but thank goodness for pain meds. I’m still working although not 5 days a week. Still having fun, enjoying my family and living my life.

Dr Samlowski wants to rescan in 6 weeks, but in the mean time is sending me to Angeles Clinic to look at clinical trials. He had hoped to get Anti PD 1, but nothing happening in the very near future.

I have to say this was about what I expected. I’m still optimistic that my body will continue to fight this, but am also thinking I’ll be heading into a new treatment.

I so appreciate all of you on this board. This is a great group that is generous in sharing information and support. Love you guys and girls!

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Phil S
        Participant
          Thanks for sharing your update, I have been wondering how you were doing, since I remembered you were having a second round of Yervoy. Keep up the fight, and I hope an effective new treatment is right around the corner for you. Love your attitude, having FUN and enjoying the family, nothing better! Take good care, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
          Phil S
          Participant
            Thanks for sharing your update, I have been wondering how you were doing, since I remembered you were having a second round of Yervoy. Keep up the fight, and I hope an effective new treatment is right around the corner for you. Love your attitude, having FUN and enjoying the family, nothing better! Take good care, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
            Phil S
            Participant
          Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics