The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Might go to ER tommorrow..

Forums General Melanoma Community Might go to ER tommorrow..

Participant

Hi Family, boy, another day of no appetite, i cant even eat Saltines for cryin out loud, its been atleast 5 or more days since my last normal meal, i gotta have them check me out, ive "muscled it" through long enough & nothings gettin better, i went out & got me the THC/CBD oil, the bottle/dropper type it did take care of my body pains but didnt help my hunger "surprisingly"…im so weak, and of course my lack of appetite could be from my tumors in my lungs, not nessesarily from the Yervoy & Opdivo…i need a lil' TLC from the team, get me back on track, i cant handle the nausea anymore & dry heaves…wish me the best, ill have my father in law take me…Take care guys…Mike

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        QuietPoet
        Participant

You're in our thoughts, Mike! You were so up before, this must be really disconcerting. I wonder if the immunology medicines can mess with your hormones. Sometimes hormone imbalances can cause vomiting, though I know how this works more in women than in men. In any case. get it checked out! Five days is too long. Take care, and you're in my thoughts, even though we don't really know each other. You inspire me!

tedtell1
          Participant

Mike;

Don't wait, go! You will be amazed at what some anti nausea and iv fluids can do. Make sure you talk to your oncologist so they can compare notes with/update the ER people. Most ER's are very familiar with people having reactions to chemo….not so much with immunotherapies. Praying for you warrior!

Ted

marta010
            Participant

Mike – my husband was in the hospital this weekend due to adrenal insufficiency from Keytruda.  He received a high dose of steroids and was back to normal in a matter of hours.  His symptoms were extreme fatigue, muscle aches, vomiting, low blood pressure.  I'd make sure you mention this possibility to the ER docs.  Take care – hope you feel better soon.

Ann

jyc
              Participant

I also say don't wait but go to the ER or a doctor and get checked out.  These side effects can set in and escalate much faster in a patient on treatment.  

SABKLYN
                Participant

Nothing but good thought brother.  Get that taken care of so you can continue the battle..

jbronicki
                  Participant

Hey Mike,

Get that taken care of anyway you can, ER hopefully can help you with some powerful anti-nausea meds, agree with everyone above.  Just trying to give you support, it sucks to feel that bad, hoping it turns around ASAP and you can get rid of the nausea.  Sending out anti-nausea vibes to you.  

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics