The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Mexico Melanoma treatment

Forums General Melanoma Community Mexico Melanoma treatment

Participant

I have Melanoma IV.   I have a friend who is a retired lab technicion in a hospital.  We visit a lot about the rotten stuff. We live in different states.

He knows of 2 people that have gone to Old Mexico for Melanoma treatment. He sent me a letter explaining somewhat about the treatment.  Of course I could not understand all the medical things they did..  They usedHeat-Put patient in High-oxygen atmosphere, – Injected insulin.   High cost  $25,000

I have Melanoma IV.   I have a friend who is a retired lab technicion in a hospital.  We visit a lot about the rotten stuff. We live in different states.

He knows of 2 people that have gone to Old Mexico for Melanoma treatment. He sent me a letter explaining somewhat about the treatment.  Of course I could not understand all the medical things they did..  They usedHeat-Put patient in High-oxygen atmosphere, – Injected insulin.   High cost  $25,000

Take this for what it is  worth.  I  do know my friend would not lie to me..  He may not have gotten the truth, though..  I did use online chat with American Cancer Society.  They did not know or want anything to do with it.    I am pretty sure that Society does not want a cure for Melanoma as well as the Cancer Industry.   Too big of a business.  You can see I am alittle bitter with all the crap I have gone thru that don't seem to help much. I am going to take 2 pain pills now and go to bed.     With heart disease and 79 yrs. old, I am not interested in it, esp. the $25 thousand.

I am alittle curious if anyone else has heard about it??                               

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        FormerCaregiver
        Participant

I am not familiar with the treatment that you mention, but I found this article about a therapy
          that sounds like it:
          http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Cancer/iht.html

See also:
          http://www.quackwatch.com/00AboutQuackwatch/altseek.html

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
          Participant

I am not familiar with the treatment that you mention, but I found this article about a therapy
            that sounds like it:
            http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Cancer/iht.html

See also:
            http://www.quackwatch.com/00AboutQuackwatch/altseek.html

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

BarbieGirl
            Participant

I am not sure if the place in Mexico is the same, but Gregory went to Mexico ( http://www.HOPE4CANCER.COM/) for treatment and it did NOT help him.  Maybe he waited too late, or maybe it's a rip-off.  He died just a month or so after seeking treatment there.  You can read about his journey at http://community.melanoma.org/cgi-bin/mpip/dbforum.pl?db=main_bb&post=440240

BarbieGirl
                Participant

By the way, after he went to Mexico, we didn't hear anything until his partner posted that he had passed away.

BarbieGirl
                  Participant

By the way, after he went to Mexico, we didn't hear anything until his partner posted that he had passed away.

BarbieGirl
                  Participant

I am not sure if the place in Mexico is the same, but Gregory went to Mexico ( http://www.HOPE4CANCER.COM/) for treatment and it did NOT help him.  Maybe he waited too late, or maybe it's a rip-off.  He died just a month or so after seeking treatment there.  You can read about his journey at http://community.melanoma.org/cgi-bin/mpip/dbforum.pl?db=main_bb&post=440240

nicoli
                    Participant

We had an acquaintance who went to a cancer clinic in Mexico when he was diagnosed with lymphoma a few years ago. He had a 90% cure rate in the US but didn't want to use chemicals, radiation, etc. They killed him in 6 months. His widow is the strongest advocate I know for NOT going to Mexico for cancer treatment.

Nicki, Stage 3b, scalp

nicoli
                      Participant

We had an acquaintance who went to a cancer clinic in Mexico when he was diagnosed with lymphoma a few years ago. He had a 90% cure rate in the US but didn't want to use chemicals, radiation, etc. They killed him in 6 months. His widow is the strongest advocate I know for NOT going to Mexico for cancer treatment.

Nicki, Stage 3b, scalp

nicoli
                        Participant

My 78 year old mom was asked by her gerontology doctor if she wanted to treat cancer should she ever be diagnosed. My mom said, "no". The doctor told her that many people her age choose not to treat. 

While I am not advocating this, I certainly can understand. You sound a little tired and I don't blame you one bit.

As for the cancer society, etc, not wanting to find a cure, I strongly disagree. I have heard this from many, many people, mostly those who are against conventional medical care of any kind (rememer, I live in Colorado) 

Three of these  people are dead today because they felt the pharm companies were preventing a cure and these people chose "natural" cures for cancer.

In my 1 1/2 years fighting this beast, I have found many medical workers who have been personally touched by cancer and who DO WANT a cure.

Nicki, Stage 3b, scalp

Nebr78
                            Participant

I am not advocating eiither way about Mexico.  Some say they will kill you.  Some died in US also.  What I would really like to know it our researcher, Am Cancer. Society, Natl, Cancer Society and others, have gone or investigated the Mexican methods. I had an Oncologist tell me a few yrs. ago progress has been made with some cancers, but not Melanoma.

In a few days, maybe tomorrow, I am going to start radiation along with chemo, and I have had heart disease for 40+ yrs.  My heart is bad.  No more original arteries. Maybe we will find out who survives.

I hope to have some info on the Mexico thing later on from 1-2 people who have been down there, for what it is worth.

jag
                              Participant

pretty sure they had a 60 Minutes specials on the mexican claims to heal cancer.  Almost like a shame on you episode, only they had the families of the people who died staring some of these guys in the eyes.  Snake oil salesmen to say the least.

Now if you just want to go to Mexico and relax, that would be a far better use of your savings, bring the family, a friend, your favorite neighbor, you name it.  Then have a good time resting and enjoying margueritas in the sun.

jag
                                Participant

pretty sure they had a 60 Minutes specials on the mexican claims to heal cancer.  Almost like a shame on you episode, only they had the families of the people who died staring some of these guys in the eyes.  Snake oil salesmen to say the least.

Now if you just want to go to Mexico and relax, that would be a far better use of your savings, bring the family, a friend, your favorite neighbor, you name it.  Then have a good time resting and enjoying margueritas in the sun.

Nebr78
                                  Participant

I am not advocating eiither way about Mexico.  Some say they will kill you.  Some died in US also.  What I would really like to know it our researcher, Am Cancer. Society, Natl, Cancer Society and others, have gone or investigated the Mexican methods. I had an Oncologist tell me a few yrs. ago progress has been made with some cancers, but not Melanoma.

In a few days, maybe tomorrow, I am going to start radiation along with chemo, and I have had heart disease for 40+ yrs.  My heart is bad.  No more original arteries. Maybe we will find out who survives.

I hope to have some info on the Mexico thing later on from 1-2 people who have been down there, for what it is worth.

nicoli
                                  Participant

My 78 year old mom was asked by her gerontology doctor if she wanted to treat cancer should she ever be diagnosed. My mom said, "no". The doctor told her that many people her age choose not to treat. 

While I am not advocating this, I certainly can understand. You sound a little tired and I don't blame you one bit.

As for the cancer society, etc, not wanting to find a cure, I strongly disagree. I have heard this from many, many people, mostly those who are against conventional medical care of any kind (rememer, I live in Colorado) 

Three of these  people are dead today because they felt the pharm companies were preventing a cure and these people chose "natural" cures for cancer.

In my 1 1/2 years fighting this beast, I have found many medical workers who have been personally touched by cancer and who DO WANT a cure.

Nicki, Stage 3b, scalp

Viewing 7 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics