The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Mexican Melonoma Treatment

Forums General Melanoma Community Mexican Melonoma Treatment

Participant

Well, I opened my big fat mouth when it would have better to keep it shut.  I am the guy that has a friend that knew 2-3 persons that went to Mexico and came back supposedly cured.  (I got some emails that were quite disagreeable with my statement, quite disagreeable.  Thats ok.

My friend has reported to me they found a tumor on the neck of one of them.   They biospied it and he has  Mr. M. on his thyroid.   Friend said the guy spent $30,000 for what.

Well, I opened my big fat mouth when it would have better to keep it shut.  I am the guy that has a friend that knew 2-3 persons that went to Mexico and came back supposedly cured.  (I got some emails that were quite disagreeable with my statement, quite disagreeable.  Thats ok.

My friend has reported to me they found a tumor on the neck of one of them.   They biospied it and he has  Mr. M. on his thyroid.   Friend said the guy spent $30,000 for what.

I apologize for maybe upsetting some people.  Of course it don't hurt to stir the pot once in a while.

The United States is not curing many people either.  I have 8 more radiation shots on the melanoma that has entered my spine.  Don't know how much chemo I have left.  I still can't help think there should have been a cure found by now, or at least  a treatment that will slow any and all Melanoma down promptly.  I  am having a bit of trouble getting a copy of my previous 2 ct-scans, one 6 wks. ago and the other maybe 9 months ago.  I want pictures of them.

I wish I could post the image that was made for me of the last scan.  And the  answer as to why in the h__they didn't start this radiation sooner. (Maybe someone sent them to Mexico????????) It is a darn good picture of the mass, spine, and aorta.    Thankyou

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        nicoli
        Participant

You are welcome on this board to open your "big, fat mouth" anytime you want. I do it on a regular basis and my foot is usually in my "big, fat mouth".

I am truly sorry you got "disagreeable" emails in reply. Anybody can disagree, but should not be disagreeable.

I also totally understand your frustration with the cancer care in this country. I and many others on this site have voiced our opinion on that many times and it helps me to know I am not the only one frustrated.

I do think there is finally progress being made toward better treatment options for  melanoma. I hope it is in time for most of us on this board.

Nicki, Stage 3b

nicoli
          Participant

You are welcome on this board to open your "big, fat mouth" anytime you want. I do it on a regular basis and my foot is usually in my "big, fat mouth".

I am truly sorry you got "disagreeable" emails in reply. Anybody can disagree, but should not be disagreeable.

I also totally understand your frustration with the cancer care in this country. I and many others on this site have voiced our opinion on that many times and it helps me to know I am not the only one frustrated.

I do think there is finally progress being made toward better treatment options for  melanoma. I hope it is in time for most of us on this board.

Nicki, Stage 3b

Gene_S
            Participant
              Please keep in mind that $30,000 would be a bargain if it cured the melanoma! Look at the cost of ippi, $30,000 X four times plus the cost of the hospital and scans,etc. 

Their (Mexico and other countries) treatments are completely different than the ones used in the USA. I like to think that some people are "cured". Enclosed is part of the research that I did when I was considering alternate treatments.

——————————————————————————————————————–
              Three types of people usually go to these clinics. The first group are the very seriously ill. They have usually exhausted all conventional treatment and have been given up on. The second type are people who have been told they have inoperable or untreatable disease. And the third group are people who sought out unconventional(alternative)treatment on their own. This group usually knows someone who has benefited from the treatment offered.

see complete article at:   http://annieappleseedproject.org/andiarofhers.html

Ann’s NOTE: See the section labeled Gerson Clinic/Mexico in which I describe my 1996 stay at this clinic, there is also a link to it.

Dan Rogers, MD, ISSELS/CHIPSA (Gerson Research Organization) reported using urea/creatine by injection directly into the tumor site. They are also using a hyperbaric chamber. For Hodgkin's and thyroid patients, they are using the Issels vaccine therapy as well as Govallo VG 1000 as a vaccine. Coley’s toxins are given to speed up a fever reaction. Other protocol substances include high Potassium, cod liver oil, raw fruits and vegetables, enzymes and chelation. Dr. Rogers stated that they are having good success in reducing tumors in melanoma, breast, astrocytoma and lymphoma patients, claiming a 28% overall patient survival rate which includes many Stage3 and 4 patients. http://www.issels.com

I personally think that alternative treatments gets a bad name because the sick patient usually only goes there when all of their treatment options in the USA have failed and they are in very poor condition. It's like they expect a miracle there and don't get it, so then they ridicule or condemn alternative treatments.

If I was to consider any alternative treatments, I would start with Ralph Moss.
              Ralph Moss, PhD's site for cancer treatment reports:
              http://www.cancerdecisions.com/

Remember that there are different treatments available in different countries. Germany would be a good example. It is reported that President Regan was treated at a clinic in Germany. Why Germany and not the USA? Perhaps a more effective treatment or one not available in the USA?

Best wishes,
              Gene
                boot2aboot
                Participant

i would never stomp on anyone's hope…but there is always graft and quackery lurking…unfortunately there are BAD people in the world who would take advantage of those in need of help…i pray for a miracle for you today… a miracle of healing…

boots

boot2aboot
                  Participant

i would never stomp on anyone's hope…but there is always graft and quackery lurking…unfortunately there are BAD people in the world who would take advantage of those in need of help…i pray for a miracle for you today… a miracle of healing…

boots

nicoli
                    Participant

Uh, I would have to totally disagree with you here.

We had a friend who went to Mexico to treat his lymphoma. He was in an early stage and had a 90+ chance of 5 year survival. He chose a clinic in Mexico which specialized in diet.  He died within 6 months and his widow (as well as their 5 children) are the biggest critics of these Mexican cancer clinics that I know of. She says her husband would be alive today if he had just used conventional medical care (chemo, radiation, etc).

Unfortunately, Mexico is not the only place we have quacks treating cancer. Another friend,  who lived in Fort Collins, Colorado,  chose to use Vita C injections for $2000 a pop to treat his lymphoma. He also had a very high survival number. After several, several thousands of dollars spent on this naturopath, our friend was pronouned "cured".  Even though his scans showed cancer spreading throughout his body, he chose to believe the well known naturopath when he said the scans were "infection" instead of cancer. Our 40 year old friend left 2 little girls and a wife behind.

Don't mean to be disagreeable, but with 3 friends dead due to "alternative cancer care" I have strong feelings on this subject.

Nicki

Nebr78
                      Participant

My friend just pointed out to me that the 3 he knew that were supposedly cured were not.

In addition to the one with Melly on the thyroid the , other 2 still have lymphoma.

I am staying home and taking my last 8 shots of 250 radons each.  If that don't slow it down, so be it.  Think of all the things that the money being spent down there could be used for up here.  Tornado victims for example. I am too conservative (tight) to spend that  much)

Those guy we catch from the Drug Cartel should be made to take the cures.  Give those clinics something to practice on.

Vermont_Donna
                        Participant

Hi Nebr78,

I was forwarded an email to my personal account from Shelby at MRF (MPIP)…she said you wanted to talk to me….I have written back to you twice…..here's my personal email [email protected].

Feel free to get in touch or write me here.

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

Nebr78
                          Participant

Donna:  I replied to your email today. I apologize for taking so long.  You should have it by now.  Nebr8

Nebr78
                            Participant

Hope someone sees this.   I am on radiation for a mass in the spine and next to aorta.  I have 3 treatments left.  One day I have no pain in back at all then next day I am eating pain pills.  And  the pills are not doing it today.  June 11.  Also on light doses of  chemo.  Will get stronger after radiation is over.    Of couse my heart disease is the handicap.  Heart will not take strong stuff.  And it is strange.  Right now the pain is kind of on the left side toward the hip.   Tomorrow it may be towards the right side.

I am  beginning to wonder if the Melanoma is the  cause of pain.  Could be buldging disc or something like that.    At age 79 it might be anything.

Anyone with similiar effects???

Gene_S
                              Participant

Hi, I am taking the liberty of reposting this question under a new topic as I feel that it would not get the proper views under the topic "Mexican Melanoma Treatment". Best Wishes, Gene

Gene_S
                                Participant

Hi, I am taking the liberty of reposting this question under a new topic as I feel that it would not get the proper views under the topic "Mexican Melanoma Treatment". Best Wishes, Gene

Nebr78
                                  Participant

Hope someone sees this.   I am on radiation for a mass in the spine and next to aorta.  I have 3 treatments left.  One day I have no pain in back at all then next day I am eating pain pills.  And  the pills are not doing it today.  June 11.  Also on light doses of  chemo.  Will get stronger after radiation is over.    Of couse my heart disease is the handicap.  Heart will not take strong stuff.  And it is strange.  Right now the pain is kind of on the left side toward the hip.   Tomorrow it may be towards the right side.

I am  beginning to wonder if the Melanoma is the  cause of pain.  Could be buldging disc or something like that.    At age 79 it might be anything.

Anyone with similiar effects???

Nebr78
                                    Participant

Donna:  I replied to your email today. I apologize for taking so long.  You should have it by now.  Nebr8

Vermont_Donna
                                      Participant

Hi Nebr78,

I was forwarded an email to my personal account from Shelby at MRF (MPIP)…she said you wanted to talk to me….I have written back to you twice…..here's my personal email [email protected].

Feel free to get in touch or write me here.

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

Nebr78
                                        Participant

My friend just pointed out to me that the 3 he knew that were supposedly cured were not.

In addition to the one with Melly on the thyroid the , other 2 still have lymphoma.

I am staying home and taking my last 8 shots of 250 radons each.  If that don't slow it down, so be it.  Think of all the things that the money being spent down there could be used for up here.  Tornado victims for example. I am too conservative (tight) to spend that  much)

Those guy we catch from the Drug Cartel should be made to take the cures.  Give those clinics something to practice on.

nicoli
                                          Participant

Uh, I would have to totally disagree with you here.

We had a friend who went to Mexico to treat his lymphoma. He was in an early stage and had a 90+ chance of 5 year survival. He chose a clinic in Mexico which specialized in diet.  He died within 6 months and his widow (as well as their 5 children) are the biggest critics of these Mexican cancer clinics that I know of. She says her husband would be alive today if he had just used conventional medical care (chemo, radiation, etc).

Unfortunately, Mexico is not the only place we have quacks treating cancer. Another friend,  who lived in Fort Collins, Colorado,  chose to use Vita C injections for $2000 a pop to treat his lymphoma. He also had a very high survival number. After several, several thousands of dollars spent on this naturopath, our friend was pronouned "cured".  Even though his scans showed cancer spreading throughout his body, he chose to believe the well known naturopath when he said the scans were "infection" instead of cancer. Our 40 year old friend left 2 little girls and a wife behind.

Don't mean to be disagreeable, but with 3 friends dead due to "alternative cancer care" I have strong feelings on this subject.

Nicki

Gene_S
                                          Participant
                                            Please keep in mind that $30,000 would be a bargain if it cured the melanoma! Look at the cost of ippi, $30,000 X four times plus the cost of the hospital and scans,etc. 

Their (Mexico and other countries) treatments are completely different than the ones used in the USA. I like to think that some people are "cured". Enclosed is part of the research that I did when I was considering alternate treatments.

Three types of people usually go to these clinics. The first group are the very seriously ill. They have usually exhausted all conventional treatment and have been given up on. The second type are people who have been told they have inoperable or untreatable disease. And the third group are people who sought out unconventional(alternative)treatment on their own. This group usually knows someone who has benefited from the treatment offered.

see complete article at:   http://annieappleseedproject.org/andiarofhers.html

Ann’s NOTE: See the section labeled Gerson Clinic/Mexico in which I describe my 1996 stay at this clinic, there is also a link to it.

Dan Rogers, MD, ISSELS/CHIPSA (Gerson Research Organization) reported using urea/creatine by injection directly into the tumor site. They are also using a hyperbaric chamber. For Hodgkin's and thyroid patients, they are using the Issels vaccine therapy as well as Govallo VG 1000 as a vaccine. Coley’s toxins are given to speed up a fever reaction. Other protocol substances include high Potassium, cod liver oil, raw fruits and vegetables, enzymes and chelation. Dr. Rogers stated that they are having good success in reducing tumors in melanoma, breast, astrocytoma and lymphoma patients, claiming a 28% overall patient survival rate which includes many Stage3 and 4 patients. http://www.issels.com

I personally think that alternative treatments gets a bad name because the sick patient usually only goes there when all of their treatment options in the USA have failed and they are in very poor condition. It's like they expect a miracle there and don't get it, so then they ridicule or condemn alternative treatments.

If I was to consider any alternative treatments, I would start with Ralph Moss.
                                            Ralph Moss, PhD's site for cancer treatment reports:
                                            http://www.cancerdecisions.com/

Remember that there are different treatments available in different countries. Germany would be a good example. It is reported that President Regan was treated at a clinic in Germany. Why Germany and not the USA? Perhaps a more effective treatment or one not available in the USA?

Best wishes,
                                            Gene
                                        Viewing 3 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics