The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Merck PD1 – a MIRACLE Drug!

Forums General Melanoma Community Merck PD1 – a MIRACLE Drug!

Participant
      Hi,

I am posting my good news to share information on the Merck PD-1 trial.

I started this trial on 12/20/11. After only 3 infusions, I could see 2 subq's on my leg and chest start shrinking.

Last week, I had my first 12 week scans since starting to take this drug. My doctor told me that there was NO CANCER 
      anywhere in my body. 

Starting the trial, I had tumors in my leg, on my chest and BOTH lungs. Being stage 4, this is truly a miracle after 
      only taking this drug for 12 weeks. My doctor told me, I am a “complete responder”.

I know of 2 other patients who started this trial in December 2011 with me. One patient with lung mets is a complete 
      responder. The other patient is a partial responder.

For those interested in this trial, here is the link:
      http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01295827

I know that there are openings for this trial at UCLA Medical Center with Dr. Ribas. His email [email protected] 

Good Luck to Everyone fighting Mel.

Candi
    Viewing 44 reply threads
    • Replies
        audgator
        Participant

Although no one is happier than you, I guarantee there are a LOT of happy people reading this, including me. Congrats.

Dan

audgator
          Participant

Although no one is happier than you, I guarantee there are a LOT of happy people reading this, including me. Congrats.

Dan

audgator
            Participant

Dan

Gene_S
              Participant

Wow what wonderful news you received.  We are so happy for you.

NED is one thing my husband keep hoping for also.  He is making progress but is really hoping one day he can add to his profile. NED.

Sounds to me like it is time for you to celebrate.

Judy (loving wife and caregiver of Gene Stage IV)

Gene_S
                Participant

NED is one thing my husband keep hoping for also.  He is making progress but is really hoping one day he can add to his profile. NED.

Gene_S
                  Participant

MaryD
                    Participant

Wow – that is fantastic news – so happy for you!    Thanks for sharing this as it will give hope to so many  . .and I wish you continued successful results!

Mary

MaryD
                      Participant

Wow – that is fantastic news – so happy for you!    Thanks for sharing this as it will give hope to so many  . .and I wish you continued successful results!

Mary

MaryD
                        Participant

Mary

yoopergirl
                          Participant

Such good news, I may be taking part in that PD 1 trial at the UW Madison, will have my scans on the 26th and go from there. You bring so much hope to all of us.

yoopergirl
                            Participant

Such good news, I may be taking part in that PD 1 trial at the UW Madison, will have my scans on the 26th and go from there. You bring so much hope to all of us.

yoopergirl
                              Participant

jim Breitfeller
                                Participant

Candi, Congrats!!!

Could you go though your time-line of therapies and doses with dates. I would like to see how it falls on a theoretical time scale. It is in my post called "Redirecting the Melanoma Tumor’s Microenvironment in Favor of the Activation of T-cells ". The second graphic.

Thanks in advance

Jimmy B

jim Breitfeller
                                  Participant

Candi, Congrats!!!

Could you go though your time-line of therapies and doses with dates. I would like to see how it falls on a theoretical time scale. It is in my post called "Redirecting the Melanoma Tumor’s Microenvironment in Favor of the Activation of T-cells ". The second graphic.

Thanks in advance

Jimmy B

Candi13
                                      Participant

Jimmy,

2009-leukine, 2010-temador, and multiple surgeries

Candi

Candi13
                                        Participant

Jimmy,

Candi

Candi13
                                          Participant

Jimmy,

Candi

jim Breitfeller
                                          Participant

Candi, Congrats!!!

Thanks in advance

Jimmy B

rbruce
                                            Participant

AWESOME News!!!!!!!!   I started this trial at UCSF on the 15th of this month and have been dreading having to wait 12 weeks to see if anything is working.  Having a really bad day today yand then I see your posting and turned my day around.  Thank you for sharing your wonderful news and I look forward to reading future posts about your continued great response.  Have you expereinced any side affects?  I had flu like symptoms, achey bones and muscles for a couple days after infusion but that seems to be gone.   Robert

rbruce
                                              Participant

AWESOME News!!!!!!!!   I started this trial at UCSF on the 15th of this month and have been dreading having to wait 12 weeks to see if anything is working.  Having a really bad day today yand then I see your posting and turned my day around.  Thank you for sharing your wonderful news and I look forward to reading future posts about your continued great response.  Have you expereinced any side affects?  I had flu like symptoms, achey bones and muscles for a couple days after infusion but that seems to be gone.   Robert

Candi13
                                                  Participant

Hi Robert,

Do you know if there are any openings a UCSF?? How often do you get infusions???

Good Luck with this trial. I hope you are a complete responder.

BettyJo

rbruce
                                                    Participant

BettyJo,

No openings right now, but they are trying to get additional seats so I would contact them and get on the list.

Robert

Candi13
                                                      Participant

Thanks Robert…how often do you have an infusion? how long is the infusion?  BettyJo

Candi13
                                                        Participant

Thanks Robert…how often do you have an infusion? how long is the infusion?  BettyJo

Candi13
                                                          Participant

rbruce
                                                            Participant

Infusion only lasts about 30 minutes.  Clinic vist with Dr., blood test before and after then EKG after takes a total of about 2-3 hours at clinic.     Robert

rbruce
                                                              Participant

Infusion only lasts about 30 minutes.  Clinic vist with Dr., blood test before and after then EKG after takes a total of about 2-3 hours at clinic.     Robert

rbruce
                                                                Participant

killmel
                                                                  Participant

how often are the infusions?

killmel
                                                                    Participant

killmel
                                                                      Participant

rbruce
                                                                        Participant

every 2 weeks.

rbruce
                                                                          Participant

every 2 weeks.

rbruce
                                                                            Participant

every 2 weeks.

rbruce
                                                                              Participant

BettyJo,

No openings right now, but they are trying to get additional seats so I would contact them and get on the list.

Robert

rbruce
                                                                                Participant

BettyJo,

Robert

Candi13
                                                                                  Participant

Hi Robert,

Do you know if there are any openings a UCSF?? How often do you get infusions???

BettyJo

Candi13
                                                                                    Participant

Hi Robert,

BettyJo

rbruce
                                                                                    Participant

hope4cure1
                                                                                      Participant

Terrific, terrific,terrific! Thank you so much for sharing.  I'm raising a glass to your continued NED!!!

Hope

hope4cure1
                                                                                        Participant

Terrific, terrific,terrific! Thank you so much for sharing.  I'm raising a glass to your continued NED!!!

Hope

hope4cure1
                                                                                          Participant

Hope

melmar
                                                                                            Participant

Congratulations!  Thanks for sharing the good news!

melmar
                                                                                              Participant

melmar
                                                                                                Participant

melmar
                                                                                                  Participant

melmar
                                                                                                    Participant

melmar
                                                                                                      Participant

Eileen L
                                                                                                        Participant

Great news. Thx for posting. Gives all of us Stage 4 folks hope!

Eileen L

Eileen L
                                                                                                          Participant

Eileen L

Eileen L
                                                                                                            Participant

Eileen L

MeNDave
                                                                                                              Participant

Congrats Candi!!  Doing a happy dance for you!  Thanks for posting the good news…. it gives many hope ๐Ÿ™‚

MeNDave
                                                                                                                Participant

Congrats Candi!!  Doing a happy dance for you!  Thanks for posting the good news…. it gives many hope ๐Ÿ™‚

MeNDave
                                                                                                                  Participant

Drew N
                                                                                                                    Participant

Even though I'm not actively fighting C these days, it's amazing to hear about the progress in the last year. Plus, my secretary's MiL just started 3475 yesterday, and we now have positive experiences to think about.

Drew Nelson

3b since 1/09

Drew N
                                                                                                                      Participant

Even though I'm not actively fighting C these days, it's amazing to hear about the progress in the last year. Plus, my secretary's MiL just started 3475 yesterday, and we now have positive experiences to think about.

Drew Nelson

3b since 1/09

Drew N
                                                                                                                        Participant

Drew Nelson

3b since 1/09

Linny
                                                                                                                          Participant

What wonderful news! I hope you went out and celebrated. smiley

Linny
                                                                                                                            Participant

Candi13
                                                                                                                                Participant

Thank you all for the well wishes.

Update on results from Merck pd1 trial…I was told by my the study nurse today, that there were more patients having a partial response after their 12 weeks scans. Hopeful news for this drug!

Candi

Candi13
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Update on results from Merck pd1 trial…I was told by my the study nurse today, that there were more patients having a partial response after their 12 weeks scans. Hopeful news for this drug!

Candi

Candi13
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Candi

Linny
                                                                                                                                    Participant

caseym
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to see how you are all going on the PD1 trial? My mum is 3rd on the list for the second round of trials in Australia. I want to give her the good news that i have already read about this drug and also any more details that you can provide to me.

I am so happy to hear that this trial seems to be working and so pleased to hear you are doing well Candi.

Look forward to hearing from you

caseym
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to see how you are all going on the PD1 trial? My mum is 3rd on the list for the second round of trials in Australia. I want to give her the good news that i have already read about this drug and also any more details that you can provide to me.

I am so happy to hear that this trial seems to be working and so pleased to hear you are doing well Candi.

caseym
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Hi everyone,

melinda2
                                                                                                                                            Participant

THANK YOU for your post that just gave me a big, bright spot in my day.  My husband is Stage IV and will start the Merck PD-1 trial at Emory in two weeks.  He completed Yervoy recently and his cancer did not respond to it at all.  For southeast folks, I am aware that the PD-1 trials are being done at Mayo in Jacksonville as well as Emory in Atlanta.  Don't know if Moffet in Tampa has a trial program.

melinda2
                                                                                                                                              Participant

THANK YOU for your post that just gave me a big, bright spot in my day.  My husband is Stage IV and will start the Merck PD-1 trial at Emory in two weeks.  He completed Yervoy recently and his cancer did not respond to it at all.  For southeast folks, I am aware that the PD-1 trials are being done at Mayo in Jacksonville as well as Emory in Atlanta.  Don't know if Moffet in Tampa has a trial program.

melinda2
                                                                                                                                                Participant

Viewing 44 reply threads
                                                                                                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics