The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Melanoma Walk in Dallas on May 4th

Forums General Melanoma Community Melanoma Walk in Dallas on May 4th

Participant

Hi Everyone,

I will be doing the Melanoma Walk in Dallas on May 4th, 2013 at Bachman Lake in Dallas, Texas.  I am doing in memory of husband, Jim, some of you will remember his story.  And I will be doing for all of you also….If anyone wants to help support me in my effort, go to Aim at Melanoma to make a small donation…Every little bit helps in research and helps to find a cure…It is under my name  Sherron Clevenger.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

PROFILE  UNDER – Sherron

Hi Everyone,

I will be doing the Melanoma Walk in Dallas on May 4th, 2013 at Bachman Lake in Dallas, Texas.  I am doing in memory of husband, Jim, some of you will remember his story.  And I will be doing for all of you also….If anyone wants to help support me in my effort, go to Aim at Melanoma to make a small donation…Every little bit helps in research and helps to find a cure…It is under my name  Sherron Clevenger.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

PROFILE  UNDER – Sherron

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        Sherron
        Participant

Come on you guys, at least wish me well on my walk……3.3 miles for Jim and all of you….last year I raised 135.00…I am trying to raise $200.00 this year….I have $70.00 to turn in  already, but some of you could put in $5.00….it's for research and looking for a cure for this Darn Beast who takes lives away way too early….It may help save your  life and and is tax deductible…..Well, I am walking for you all no matter what…Wishing you all well….walking for Jim, trying to heal my heart..on the 30th, Jim will be gone 2 years 5 months….and it feels like yesterday……Once this disease touches your life, it's there forever, and I have a daughter-in-law who is a 5 year survivor of Superficial Spreading Melanoma….Jim's was Nodular, and vascular invasive on the onset…….Let's find a cure….and remember Monday May 6th , is Melanoma Monday…You are suppose to wear black…………Let's Do it!

Sherron
          Participant

Come on you guys, at least wish me well on my walk……3.3 miles for Jim and all of you….last year I raised 135.00…I am trying to raise $200.00 this year….I have $70.00 to turn in  already, but some of you could put in $5.00….it's for research and looking for a cure for this Darn Beast who takes lives away way too early….It may help save your  life and and is tax deductible…..Well, I am walking for you all no matter what…Wishing you all well….walking for Jim, trying to heal my heart..on the 30th, Jim will be gone 2 years 5 months….and it feels like yesterday……Once this disease touches your life, it's there forever, and I have a daughter-in-law who is a 5 year survivor of Superficial Spreading Melanoma….Jim's was Nodular, and vascular invasive on the onset…….Let's find a cure….and remember Monday May 6th , is Melanoma Monday…You are suppose to wear black…………Let's Do it!

Sherron
            Participant

Sherron
              Participant

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER!!

Sherron
                Participant

Take Care,

Sherron
                  Participant

Take Care,

Phil S
                    Participant
                      Sherron, I totally wish you well on this melanoma walk, it’s great that you can turn your loss in a positive direction to help defeat this dreadful disease, what a wonderful tribute to your husband! I am sure you are making him proud, it’s a great effort and cause! God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                        Sherron
                        Participant

Thank you so much for just replying to me.  I use to be an active part of this board….but not so much anymore…It is still so painful for me, but I do this walk in his memory and for everyone on this board.  Jim passed awaay 4 days before out 43rd Wedding Anniversary.  It has been so difficult to learn to live alone, to do everything by yourself with little support system.  But I am trying my best and doing this walk is a positive thing, and it brings about 500 to 600 people together who have been touched in some way by this awful beast.

Take Care and Best Wishes,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER!

Sherron
                          Participant

Thank you so much for just replying to me.  I use to be an active part of this board….but not so much anymore…It is still so painful for me, but I do this walk in his memory and for everyone on this board.  Jim passed awaay 4 days before out 43rd Wedding Anniversary.  It has been so difficult to learn to live alone, to do everything by yourself with little support system.  But I am trying my best and doing this walk is a positive thing, and it brings about 500 to 600 people together who have been touched in some way by this awful beast.

Sherron
                            Participant

Phil S
                            Participant
                              Sherron, I totally wish you well on this melanoma walk, it’s great that you can turn your loss in a positive direction to help defeat this dreadful disease, what a wonderful tribute to your husband! I am sure you are making him proud, it’s a great effort and cause! God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                              Phil S
                              Participant
                                goldengirls2011
                                Participant

Thank you Sherron for doing this walk – not only in memory of your husband, but for all melanoma warriors.

I just made a donation on your behalf. I hope others will too!

((Hugs))

goldengirls2011
                                  Participant

Thank you Sherron for doing this walk – not only in memory of your husband, but for all melanoma warriors.

((Hugs))

goldengirls2011
                                    Participant

((Hugs))

Sherron
                                        Participant

Thank you so very much!!!  You just made my day!!  Yes, I walking in my husband's memory but for ALL OF YOU, TOO!

Take Care,

Sherron
                                          Participant

Thank you so very much!!!  You just made my day!!  Yes, I walking in my husband's memory but for ALL OF YOU, TOO!

Take Care,

Sherron
                                            Participant

Take Care,

Sherron
                                              Participant

Take Care,

Sherron
                                                Participant

Take Care,

Sherron
                                                  Participant

Take Care,

Sherron
                                                    Participant

Take Care,

Sherron
                                                      Participant

Take Care,

Sherron
                                                        Participant

Take Care,

kylez
                                                        Participant

Hi Sherron,
                                                          I kicked in a few shekels. I hope it's a good walk in Dallas on the 5th. Thanks! 
                                                          – Kyle

kylez
                                                          Participant

Hi Sherron,
                                                            I kicked in a few shekels. I hope it's a good walk in Dallas on the 5th. Thanks! 
                                                            – Kyle

kylez
                                                            Participant

Hi Sherron,
                                                              – Kyle

Colleen66
                                                              Participant

You are officially an Angel now.  Thank you for walking when some of us cannot.  Your a surviver and hero in my book.

I'm sorry I can't chip in with some money but I'm there in spirit.

Hugs, Colleen 

Colleen66
                                                                Participant

You are officially an Angel now.  Thank you for walking when some of us cannot.  Your a surviver and hero in my book.

Hugs, Colleen 

Colleen66
                                                                  Participant

Hugs, Colleen 

Sherron
                                                                      Participant

I am so happy to do this walk…It is part of my healing doing this in Jim's memory and doing it for all of the people on this board that have Melanoma…I can do this….And my family is helping me, I will have my daughter, son-in-law, 3 little grandchildren, daughter-in-law, a teenage grandson….My son has to work that day…..But we will walk, we are "Team Jim", but it's for all of you too!  Even if you can't contribute, it's okay, your well wishes are cherished!!

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim  FOREVER!

Sherron
                                                                        Participant

I am so happy to do this walk…It is part of my healing doing this in Jim's memory and doing it for all of the people on this board that have Melanoma…I can do this….And my family is helping me, I will have my daughter, son-in-law, 3 little grandchildren, daughter-in-law, a teenage grandson….My son has to work that day…..But we will walk, we are "Team Jim", but it's for all of you too!  Even if you can't contribute, it's okay, your well wishes are cherished!!

Take Care,

Sherron
                                                                          Participant

Take Care,

Lori C
                                                                          Participant

Sherron, thank you for doing this.  It is bittersweet, sometimes, to see the exciting advances that are being made in research – too late for some of us – but such a wonderful thing and long overdue.  I will be visiting your page and making a donation asap.

Lori C
                                                                            Participant

Sherron, thank you for doing this.  It is bittersweet, sometimes, to see the exciting advances that are being made in research – too late for some of us – but such a wonderful thing and long overdue.  I will be visiting your page and making a donation asap.

Lori C
                                                                              Participant

Lori C
                                                                                  Participant

Okay, got to the site and made my rather anemic donation (law school costs for my daughter have drained me, alas) and I shared info about the walk with those I hope will also be able to help.  This is going to be a great success!

Lori

Sherron
                                                                                    Participant

Lori,

Thanks so much…Every little bit adds up and goes for research and a cure…I am walking iin memory of my Jim, but also for everyone on this board!!  Thank you !!

Take Care,

Sherron
                                                                                      Participant

Lori,    and for Will, too!!! In his memory……Love ya, Sherron

Sherron
                                                                                        Participant

Sherron
                                                                                          Participant

Sherron
                                                                                            Participant

Sherron
                                                                                              Participant

Sherron
                                                                                                Participant

Sherron
                                                                                                  Participant

Lori,

Thanks so much…Every little bit adds up and goes for research and a cure…I am walking iin memory of my Jim, but also for everyone on this board!!  Thank you !!

Take Care,

Sherron
                                                                                                    Participant

Lori,

Take Care,

Lori C
                                                                                                      Participant

Okay, got to the site and made my rather anemic donation (law school costs for my daughter have drained me, alas) and I shared info about the walk with those I hope will also be able to help.  This is going to be a great success!

Lori

Lori C
                                                                                                        Participant

Lori

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics