The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Mektovi and Braftovi

Forums General Melanoma Community Mektovi and Braftovi

Participant
      I am on Braftovi (encorafenib) and Mektovi (binimetinib) had melanoma Situ stage on scalp 2006 and on face Situ stage in 2017. Then in March 2018 had swollen lymph node removed from neck which I was diagnosed stage 4 melanoma. Was receiving Keytruda and scan showed the cancer around are of surgery was clear after about 8 months but scan also showed spot on lung that grew while on Keytruda. The spot on lung which Biopsy showed was melanoma and so now on the Mektovi and Braftovi. Scans show nothing elsewhere so feel blessed but so worried. Had side effects with the new meds but was just given prednisone which is helping. Only been on 5 days straight and not sure when I will see results but probably will be 3 months from my last scan before I know anything due to insurance not allowing more scans.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        EllieS
        Participant
          Good luck with your new treatment! I have been NED on Tafinlar and Mekinist , Braf drugs, for almost 2 years. My first scan, maybe 3 months after starting showed significant improvement and by the second scan I was NED and have been ever since. I am on 2.5 mg Predisone for side effects, joint pain. Every one in a while if i forget the predisone I run into trouble, extreme fatigue and fevers. So be good about taking the predisone!!! Best wishes to you!!
            mrhubahuba
            Participant
              Hi Ellie

I see you have been on the Braf drugs for over 2:years and NED for quite awhile. Congratulations! How long do they plan to keep you on the drugs? I just started the braftovi/Mektovi combo and was curious .

Cheers and good luck
              John

mrhubahuba
            Participant
              I just started taking the braftovi/Mektovi combo 10 days ago and have had good results, I posted here last week. I was only able to tell because the golf ball size tumor on my back disappeared ( where my original mole with melanoma was remover 3/19) and my liver pain ceased. All this after 4 days. I guess it’s tough to tell if it’s working if your not in pain or don’t have visible tumors but my doctor said the LDH levels in liver going down would also be a good sign. Going to doctor this Wednesday and will find out than. Good luck with your new meds, my doctor claims it’s one of the best targeted therapies out there and odds are good they will work, I believe he said 70%.

Cheers
              John

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics