The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Magnesium citrate for serious constipation and update

Forums General Melanoma Community Magnesium citrate for serious constipation and update

Participant

Just thought I would let everyone know who might need it that my doc had me take magnesium citrate to clear up my constipation. It worked. Took about 8 hours but for just the first activity of it I stopped up the toilet. Fortunately I had another bathroom for the second activity of it. That was Friday night and my last bm had been Monday morning.

Well due to the opied induced constipation I couldn't eat much because there was no room and my stomach was all messed up. So I kept getting even weaker. After the clear out my stomach is still awful so I haven't been able to eat much so even weaker.

Now I can hardly stand let alone walk across the room. So I had to cancel the Houston trip tomorrow and started with the message to my local doc to do the scans here. That really sucks. I was hoping the Houston doc would have a good plan b for me.  Supposedly they will share the scans but I have doubts what they will come up with. I also wanted to know what the Houston surgeon had to say about my spine.

So like a guy posted a little while ago about giving up. I'm finally to my breaking point. I feel like crap. I'm very weak. I can barely walk a little. These opioids and pain are making the normal sweet me kind of terrible to be around but my parents still love me. This abraxane is starting to tear me up with the throwing up and stuff. I'm able to feel new pains almost every day and even a new back bulge I confirmed with my doc. The ldh dropped nice after the first dose then went back up. If I had hope things would get better I might be able to continue but like dad says I'm in misery every day. So I'm going to hang on to see the new Star Wars which will be 30 months for me fighting this disease then we'll see if it's time for this warrior to call the battle well fought but done. I was hoping I could get the pain pills changed to marijuana or something better thst might go a long way helping me but I'm not getting anywhere. I need to look into those other pain things yuns said.

Sorry for such a negative post but it is what it is. Of course other people have it worse. Like Shane in Chicago. But at least he has stuff there doc's are willing to try. My local doc said he could do tvec to the new back bulge but not the huge shoulder tumor or others. Plus he had doubts if he could get insurance to approve it with keytruda. So I just don't have hope anymore or even the hope that hope is coming. So like a lady just posted about her brother diagnosed at age 45. Yep i was diagnosed at 45 too. I'm 48 now too. It's just so hard to fight and having fought it almost 30 months with the whole time new stuff showing up is getting too much to bear. I know I've posted positive thoughts of keep fighting and what I've been through having to eat a half a bite at a time. So what if the next half bite was ten minutes later just keep at it. Or taking half a step then another. I meant them at the time. Now I'm a very tired warrior with no hope anymore. Sorry if I'm letting anyone down.

Artie

Viewing 41 reply threads
    • Replies
        BrianP
        Participant

I'm sorry Artie. You've been an inspiration to all of us and this post does nothing to diminish that fact. You're entitled to be down. You have been incredible. I'll pray for a miracle for you and if that doesn't happen I'll pray you at least get to see Star Wars. May the force be with you. 

Brian

BrianP
          Participant

I'm sorry Artie. You've been an inspiration to all of us and this post does nothing to diminish that fact. You're entitled to be down. You have been incredible. I'll pray for a miracle for you and if that doesn't happen I'll pray you at least get to see Star Wars. May the force be with you. 

Brian

BrianP
            Participant

Brian

gregor913
              Participant
                Your a warrier Arty. Don’t think like that. My nurse once told me the only one that can heal you is the lord. Prayer is very powerful along with positivity. If your typing that much you still got alot left in the tank and things are still hopeful for you. We need you and your family needs you. The mind is very strong.
                gregor913
                Participant
                  Your a warrier Arty. Don’t think like that. My nurse once told me the only one that can heal you is the lord. Prayer is very powerful along with positivity. If your typing that much you still got alot left in the tank and things are still hopeful for you. We need you and your family needs you. The mind is very strong.
                  gregor913
                  Participant
                    DZnDef
                    Participant

Artie, First off please know that you have let no one down.  You are absolutely entitled to feel exactly the way you feel with all you have been through.  No doubt the inability to travel to Houston is a huge blow.  Hope is a difficult thing for all of us to maintain constantly with this disease.  Too often we get our hopes up only to have them dashed.  The emotional roller coaster takes a toll and I don't blame you for wanting to get off of it.  Maybe just focusing on the day-to-day will be easier for now.  Ideally you can find something to settle your stomach and a better alternative to pain management than those opiods.  Who knows, maybe hope will return on its own.  Or not.  Maybe take it as it comes and see.  Or maybe you're experiencing an emotional side effect of the drugs.  Hard to say.

It is rather typical of you to provide wonderful advice in the same post (magnesium citrate).  And I see you continue to give advice and encouragement to others today even though you're feeling lousy.  I've learned to expect nothing less from you.  It pains me to know you are in pain.  But I do so appreciate your sharing this experience with us today.  It is real and it is true.

I find myself wondering if there is a full moon or something odd going on as several people are posting about being down today.  I had thought I was doing so well myself but these past two weeks I have felt pains and changes that I am sure indicate tumor growth.  I was looking forward to my next scans but now I am dreading them.  Something strange in the air.

Take it easy, Artie.  You are loved.

DZnDef
                      Participant

Artie, First off please know that you have let no one down.  You are absolutely entitled to feel exactly the way you feel with all you have been through.  No doubt the inability to travel to Houston is a huge blow.  Hope is a difficult thing for all of us to maintain constantly with this disease.  Too often we get our hopes up only to have them dashed.  The emotional roller coaster takes a toll and I don't blame you for wanting to get off of it.  Maybe just focusing on the day-to-day will be easier for now.  Ideally you can find something to settle your stomach and a better alternative to pain management than those opiods.  Who knows, maybe hope will return on its own.  Or not.  Maybe take it as it comes and see.  Or maybe you're experiencing an emotional side effect of the drugs.  Hard to say.

It is rather typical of you to provide wonderful advice in the same post (magnesium citrate).  And I see you continue to give advice and encouragement to others today even though you're feeling lousy.  I've learned to expect nothing less from you.  It pains me to know you are in pain.  But I do so appreciate your sharing this experience with us today.  It is real and it is true.

I find myself wondering if there is a full moon or something odd going on as several people are posting about being down today.  I had thought I was doing so well myself but these past two weeks I have felt pains and changes that I am sure indicate tumor growth.  I was looking forward to my next scans but now I am dreading them.  Something strange in the air.

DZnDef
                        Participant

Janner
                          Participant

Hey Artie,

I don't usually respond to your posts because I have little to offer the stage IV patient.  (Doesn't mean I don't read them, though).  But I so appreciate your honestly.  It is an ugly disease.  We all have good and bad times and this board just isn't about encouragement – it's about reality.   I'm doing a "fingers crossed" that you find some pain relief that allows you more comfort.  Pain is an awful beast.  As for treatment, if you want it, call your Houston docs.  Call your local onc.  Have your parents call if it is too much effort.  You get to choose what feels right to you.  I watched my elderly father die of this disease.  He lost his ability to walk and with that, the will for life.  We were lucky that his pain was controlled by simple anti-inflammatories until right at the very end.  He chose no treatment but he was 89 and it made sense for him.  YOU get to do what feels right for you.  We may not like it, we may want things to happen differently.  But we will support you in whatever decision feels right for you.

Cheers,

Janner

cavsnut
                              Participant

Artie, don't know what to say my friend other than do what you feel is right. Since I was diagnosed last summer you've been such an inspiration to me as I know one day I may be in your situation. I've never missed one day since then remembering you in my prayers. I just hope and pray for a drug that will help you soon..,God bless you my friend  my heart aches for your arduous battle

craig

cavsnut
                                Participant

Artie, don't know what to say my friend other than do what you feel is right. Since I was diagnosed last summer you've been such an inspiration to me as I know one day I may be in your situation. I've never missed one day since then remembering you in my prayers. I just hope and pray for a drug that will help you soon..,God bless you my friend  my heart aches for your arduous battle

craig

cavsnut
                                  Participant

craig

Janner
                                  Participant

Hey Artie,

I don't usually respond to your posts because I have little to offer the stage IV patient.  (Doesn't mean I don't read them, though).  But I so appreciate your honestly.  It is an ugly disease.  We all have good and bad times and this board just isn't about encouragement – it's about reality.   I'm doing a "fingers crossed" that you find some pain relief that allows you more comfort.  Pain is an awful beast.  As for treatment, if you want it, call your Houston docs.  Call your local onc.  Have your parents call if it is too much effort.  You get to choose what feels right to you.  I watched my elderly father die of this disease.  He lost his ability to walk and with that, the will for life.  We were lucky that his pain was controlled by simple anti-inflammatories until right at the very end.  He chose no treatment but he was 89 and it made sense for him.  YOU get to do what feels right for you.  We may not like it, we may want things to happen differently.  But we will support you in whatever decision feels right for you.

Cheers,

Janner

Janner
                                    Participant

Hey Artie,

Cheers,

Janner

JustMeInCA
                                      Participant

I haven't really posted anything the past few months, but I've checked the forum pretty regularly, mainly to know how you're doing, Artie. I think all of us who have interacted with you feel a special bond with you. I've been so amazed and so impressed with the mettle you've shown in refusing to give up, but at the same time I understand that there must come a point when hope for the future and joy in the present escape you and that you just want to rest and not feel pain anymore.

I'm not a particularly religious person, but I do believe that God has a plan for us and that He knows the day we will come to Him. I also believe there is a plan in our suffering, though many times we're unable to see it. In your case, it's glaringly obvious. I don't know what marks you made on the world before melanoma, but I know the huge mark you have made on all of us during your journey and through your unique ability to overcome your pain and your struggles through sheer will and positive thinking. If you choose to leave us, then leave us knowing that you have changed all of us in some way and made us better people. 

Listen to your heart. You have so many people here thinking of you and praying for you. Don't think for a moment that you will let anyone down. You've been, and will continue to be, our hero — all your messages of hope and bravery and not going down without a fight will be here to inspire so many more people who need to hear them. 

Sending you hugs and love, and wishing you peace and comfort in whichever path you choose.

Elaine 

JustMeInCA
                                        Participant

I haven't really posted anything the past few months, but I've checked the forum pretty regularly, mainly to know how you're doing, Artie. I think all of us who have interacted with you feel a special bond with you. I've been so amazed and so impressed with the mettle you've shown in refusing to give up, but at the same time I understand that there must come a point when hope for the future and joy in the present escape you and that you just want to rest and not feel pain anymore.

I'm not a particularly religious person, but I do believe that God has a plan for us and that He knows the day we will come to Him. I also believe there is a plan in our suffering, though many times we're unable to see it. In your case, it's glaringly obvious. I don't know what marks you made on the world before melanoma, but I know the huge mark you have made on all of us during your journey and through your unique ability to overcome your pain and your struggles through sheer will and positive thinking. If you choose to leave us, then leave us knowing that you have changed all of us in some way and made us better people. 

Listen to your heart. You have so many people here thinking of you and praying for you. Don't think for a moment that you will let anyone down. You've been, and will continue to be, our hero — all your messages of hope and bravery and not going down without a fight will be here to inspire so many more people who need to hear them. 

Sending you hugs and love, and wishing you peace and comfort in whichever path you choose.

Elaine 

JustMeInCA
                                          Participant

Elaine 

Momofjake
                                              Participant

Elaine,

i had a few long hard hospital days with my son. I didn't get to say goodbye to Artie. If I could have I would want to say exactly what you did. Thank you. You are an eloquent writer and j hope he got to read this. I think releasing a fighter has a place. I feel so down about this. My son has a similar experience to his….I fear how it all ends. Thanks for writing to Artie.

kerri

Momofjake
                                                Participant

Elaine,

i had a few long hard hospital days with my son. I didn't get to say goodbye to Artie. If I could have I would want to say exactly what you did. Thank you. You are an eloquent writer and j hope he got to read this. I think releasing a fighter has a place. I feel so down about this. My son has a similar experience to his….I fear how it all ends. Thanks for writing to Artie.

kerri

Momofjake
                                                  Participant

Elaine,

kerri

mjanssentx
                                                  Participant

Artie – I have been reading your posts since I was first diagnosed about a year ago.  You have been through everything and shown how tough this disease is.  Some things work and some things don't…much is do be learned in this field and many are being "saved" so the gift of hope has been very well appreciated  (we can all take some solace in Jimmy Carter's announcement this weekend)

I don't think I can be accused of having gushy posts (so I won't try to start now)…but my heart genuinely bleeds for you and your situation.  I also want to thank you for all of the risks that you and other ratties have taken to improve the long term situation for many, many others.

Take care…prayers and thoughts are with you.

Michel

mjanssentx
                                                    Participant

Artie – I have been reading your posts since I was first diagnosed about a year ago.  You have been through everything and shown how tough this disease is.  Some things work and some things don't…much is do be learned in this field and many are being "saved" so the gift of hope has been very well appreciated  (we can all take some solace in Jimmy Carter's announcement this weekend)

I don't think I can be accused of having gushy posts (so I won't try to start now)…but my heart genuinely bleeds for you and your situation.  I also want to thank you for all of the risks that you and other ratties have taken to improve the long term situation for many, many others.

Michel

mjanssentx
                                                      Participant

Michel

yazziemac
                                                          Participant

Artie, I'm so sorry that you're suffering.  It's been a long road for you and you've been very brave.    Only you can decide what quality of life you need to make living worthwhile, and you will let no one down by any decision that you make.  My hope is that you can find physical, emotional, and spiritual comfort as your wrestle with these decisions.  I wish you peace heart

Yasmin

yazziemac
                                                            Participant

Artie, I'm so sorry that you're suffering.  It's been a long road for you and you've been very brave.    Only you can decide what quality of life you need to make living worthwhile, and you will let no one down by any decision that you make.  My hope is that you can find physical, emotional, and spiritual comfort as your wrestle with these decisions.  I wish you peace heart

Yasmin

yazziemac
                                                              Participant

Yasmin

kpcollins31
                                                              Participant

Artie – As others have echoed here, you have been a source of strength and inspiration for many. Tough to find words… ultimately, you have to do what is right for you. Every one of us has a limit and we all hope that we never have to discover what it is. Get to the Force Awakens on the 18th and go from there. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Kevin

jbronicki
                                                                  Participant

Artie,

Just reading these posts, it's apparent you are pretty special and that you have become a beacon to many, that's a pretty amazing thing to accomplish in life.  Please take that to heart.  I have no other advice, because you are the expert, you understand the treatments better than many of us and have become a source of expertise to all of us.  I've learned so much from your posts and you've given me hope for my husband.  I wish you could come to Houston so I could thank you personally.  No matter what happens in the future, you are a blessing to all of us right now.  As Yoda said "The force is strong in this one"  Thank you

jbronicki
                                                                    Participant

Artie,

Just reading these posts, it's apparent you are pretty special and that you have become a beacon to many, that's a pretty amazing thing to accomplish in life.  Please take that to heart.  I have no other advice, because you are the expert, you understand the treatments better than many of us and have become a source of expertise to all of us.  I've learned so much from your posts and you've given me hope for my husband.  I wish you could come to Houston so I could thank you personally.  No matter what happens in the future, you are a blessing to all of us right now.  As Yoda said "The force is strong in this one"  Thank you

jbronicki
                                                                      Participant

Artie,

kpcollins31
                                                                      Participant

Artie – As others have echoed here, you have been a source of strength and inspiration for many. Tough to find words… ultimately, you have to do what is right for you. Every one of us has a limit and we all hope that we never have to discover what it is. Get to the Force Awakens on the 18th and go from there. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                                                        Participant

Kevin

AllysonRuth
                                                                          Participant

Dear Artie,

Thank you so much for your heartfelt and honest post.  You are not letting anyone down and you are not giving up.  Melanoma is not something you nor I nor anyone can control, through our mind, diet or prayers.  You have fought a good fight, done your best, there is nothing else God can ask of a person.  

It is interesting as I have gone through this new world of living with Melanoma many people have said to me to be positive and show the faith to be healed by God.  I think it is much easier to have the faith to be healed by God than to have the faith to NOT be healed by God.     Do I have the faith in a loving God whose will is for me to die, to leave my five young children motherless? It is takes much more faith to believe in a God and believe that His will is for you to die and to not be healed.  Persaonally when I say my prayers I pray that I can be healed and if not, let me have the faith to accept God's will.  Melanoma is BAD BUSINESS.  It challenges all that we are and all that we beleive.  

What I do know, Aritie, is that God is aware of you.  I know that God is mindful of you and your very real suffering and that He loves you.  

I will pray for you to be sustained and pray for you to have wisdom as you confront your challenges.

Praying,

Allyson

stage iV, brain mets, lung met and praying Keytruda will work for me…

AllysonRuth
                                                                            Participant

Dear Artie,

Thank you so much for your heartfelt and honest post.  You are not letting anyone down and you are not giving up.  Melanoma is not something you nor I nor anyone can control, through our mind, diet or prayers.  You have fought a good fight, done your best, there is nothing else God can ask of a person.  

It is interesting as I have gone through this new world of living with Melanoma many people have said to me to be positive and show the faith to be healed by God.  I think it is much easier to have the faith to be healed by God than to have the faith to NOT be healed by God.     Do I have the faith in a loving God whose will is for me to die, to leave my five young children motherless? It is takes much more faith to believe in a God and believe that His will is for you to die and to not be healed.  Persaonally when I say my prayers I pray that I can be healed and if not, let me have the faith to accept God's will.  Melanoma is BAD BUSINESS.  It challenges all that we are and all that we beleive.  

What I do know, Aritie, is that God is aware of you.  I know that God is mindful of you and your very real suffering and that He loves you.  

I will pray for you to be sustained and pray for you to have wisdom as you confront your challenges.

Praying,

Allyson

AllysonRuth
                                                                              Participant

Dear Artie,

Praying,

Allyson

Bubbles
                                                                                Participant

Dear sweet Artie,

I am so sorry that you are feeling so bad mentally and physically.  Hopefully after you regain a bit of strength after going through the mag citrate (while helpful…very tiring, I'm sure!) you will feel just a little better.  Maybe your folks could call about getting you a tens unit for just a bit of pain relief?  You remain a light and source of strength for all of us, no matter if you are having a good day or bad, feeling up or down.  The fact that you can share how poorly you are feeling and what you really feel about your prospects shows that very strength.  We are hear to listen if we can provide nothing else.  Perhaps stopping the abraxane would actually make you feel better if you and your doc don't think it is helping at this point.  Perhaps T-vec is an option….even if only for tumor shrinkage and therefore pain relief.  I have no answers other than letting you know that all of us on this board are here for you and hold you in the highest esteem….on good days and bad.  Much love, c

Bubbles
                                                                                  Participant

Dear sweet Artie,

I am so sorry that you are feeling so bad mentally and physically.  Hopefully after you regain a bit of strength after going through the mag citrate (while helpful…very tiring, I'm sure!) you will feel just a little better.  Maybe your folks could call about getting you a tens unit for just a bit of pain relief?  You remain a light and source of strength for all of us, no matter if you are having a good day or bad, feeling up or down.  The fact that you can share how poorly you are feeling and what you really feel about your prospects shows that very strength.  We are hear to listen if we can provide nothing else.  Perhaps stopping the abraxane would actually make you feel better if you and your doc don't think it is helping at this point.  Perhaps T-vec is an option….even if only for tumor shrinkage and therefore pain relief.  I have no answers other than letting you know that all of us on this board are here for you and hold you in the highest esteem….on good days and bad.  Much love, c

Bubbles
                                                                                    Participant

Dear sweet Artie,

s wife
                                                                                      Participant

Hi Artie,

i just want to let you know that I am thinking of you, as always. I m so sorry to hear about your difficulties and your pain, your discouragement and everything. I sincerely hope you will find peace, whichever decision you make. I really feel for you. And as you have already read in several replies to your post, I agree that you are not letting anyone down, it is brave of you to share your feelings and thoughts in such an honest way. I also hope it brings you some relief to have "let it out", and to read all the replies to your post.

keeping you in my prayers,

susannah

s wife
                                                                                        Participant

Hi Artie,

i just want to let you know that I am thinking of you, as always. I m so sorry to hear about your difficulties and your pain, your discouragement and everything. I sincerely hope you will find peace, whichever decision you make. I really feel for you. And as you have already read in several replies to your post, I agree that you are not letting anyone down, it is brave of you to share your feelings and thoughts in such an honest way. I also hope it brings you some relief to have "let it out", and to read all the replies to your post.

susannah

s wife
                                                                                          Participant

Hi Artie,

susannah

vivian
                                                                                              Participant

Oh Artie, my heart aches for you right now.  Since I joined this forum five years ago, there have been several members who were truly inspirational and so unselfishly giving.  You are definitely at the top of that group!  I admire you for having the guts to share your trials and triumphs both.  Today you have expressed what many of us have felt but didn't have the fortitude to put down on paper.  Thank you for all you have given all of us, and just please know that I wish you peace, love, and light.  May tomorrow be a better day!

Lear

vivian
                                                                                                Participant

Oh Artie, my heart aches for you right now.  Since I joined this forum five years ago, there have been several members who were truly inspirational and so unselfishly giving.  You are definitely at the top of that group!  I admire you for having the guts to share your trials and triumphs both.  Today you have expressed what many of us have felt but didn't have the fortitude to put down on paper.  Thank you for all you have given all of us, and just please know that I wish you peace, love, and light.  May tomorrow be a better day!

Lear

vivian
                                                                                                  Participant

Lear

Scooby123
                                                                                                    Participant

Artie reading all these post and prayers for you makes me sad but also makes me realise how much all of us worries are here for each other. When one worrie is struggling we all are with you giving you as much advice and support as possible. You are a inspiration too this forum and given me advice support when needed. I wish I could take the pain away . Please stay strong and take one day at a time and I pray for you to gain strength from some where to keep fighting .

scooby❤️❤️

Scooby123
                                                                                                      Participant

Artie reading all these post and prayers for you makes me sad but also makes me realise how much all of us worries are here for each other. When one worrie is struggling we all are with you giving you as much advice and support as possible. You are a inspiration too this forum and given me advice support when needed. I wish I could take the pain away . Please stay strong and take one day at a time and I pray for you to gain strength from some where to keep fighting .

scooby❤️❤️

Scooby123
                                                                                                        Participant

scooby❤️❤️

casagrayson
                                                                                                        Participant

Artie,

Words seem so insufficient at times like these.  I came to this board looking for information for my husband, a Stage 1b (multiple primaries) patient.  I've stayed because I became entwined with so many of the people and the stories, and all I want to do is help.  But here's the funny thing — I'm being taught every day by you (and so many others) on how to fight with grace, how to be a medical advocate for myself and others, and how to relinquish control without relinquishing hope.  You are special, Artie, and don't you ever forget that.  How I wish I could send you some special brownies to help ease your pain; it doesn't seem fair that only by living in a certain state are these avenues available when they should be available to all.  

Hang tough, and buy that ticket to Star Wars.  I'll be right there with you in spirit.

casagrayson
                                                                                                          Participant

Artie,

Words seem so insufficient at times like these.  I came to this board looking for information for my husband, a Stage 1b (multiple primaries) patient.  I've stayed because I became entwined with so many of the people and the stories, and all I want to do is help.  But here's the funny thing — I'm being taught every day by you (and so many others) on how to fight with grace, how to be a medical advocate for myself and others, and how to relinquish control without relinquishing hope.  You are special, Artie, and don't you ever forget that.  How I wish I could send you some special brownies to help ease your pain; it doesn't seem fair that only by living in a certain state are these avenues available when they should be available to all.  

Hang tough, and buy that ticket to Star Wars.  I'll be right there with you in spirit.

casagrayson
                                                                                                            Participant

Artie,

Eileensulliv
                                                                                                              Participant

Artie, I wish I knew the words that would comfort you! You have always been a shining light here, never a disappointment. I am so sorry you are going through all of this, I wish I could take all the pain away… I will always and forever pray for you!

Eileensulliv
                                                                                                                Participant

Artie, I wish I knew the words that would comfort you! You have always been a shining light here, never a disappointment. I am so sorry you are going through all of this, I wish I could take all the pain away… I will always and forever pray for you!

Eileensulliv
                                                                                                                  Participant

jamieth29
                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                      Artie,
                                                                                                                      I want so bad to tell you not to give in not give up to the disease but you already know this and have thought things through a hundred times. I hope tomorrow your won’t quite spirit will be back. You’ve battled hard…harder than most and have imposed your will and scratched and clawed to beat this thing. You have more willpower than i can fathom. The only thing i can say is your the man Artie. You know, all the things you’ve dealt with and been through you have never cursed on this forum and it just makes me realize what kind if person you are!!! screw this disease, screw all the things telling you that its been enough. Keep going brother. i want to say keep fighting but only you know how things are going to happen. God bless!
                                                                                                                      Jamie
                                                                                                                      jamieth29
                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                        Artie,
                                                                                                                        I want so bad to tell you not to give in not give up to the disease but you already know this and have thought things through a hundred times. I hope tomorrow your won’t quite spirit will be back. You’ve battled hard…harder than most and have imposed your will and scratched and clawed to beat this thing. You have more willpower than i can fathom. The only thing i can say is your the man Artie. You know, all the things you’ve dealt with and been through you have never cursed on this forum and it just makes me realize what kind if person you are!!! screw this disease, screw all the things telling you that its been enough. Keep going brother. i want to say keep fighting but only you know how things are going to happen. God bless!
                                                                                                                        Jamie
                                                                                                                        jamieth29
                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                          Artie,
                                                                                                                          Jamie
                                                                                                                          Ninniditti
                                                                                                                          Participant

Hi Artie!

My situation is a little like yours, but me beeing 66 years old make a lot difference to accept it all. I love LIFE but can accept the end of it. 
                                                                                                                            I know you have written about cannabisoil willing to try it. I have had it in periods for two years ( Rick Simpsons recip). I can't say it reduced my pain, nor killed cancercells. It's diffycult to know which one is working if you take more than one drug. I took it all the time I was on Dacarbazine. The tumours were stable for one year and one tiny tumour in my lung diasappeared. Was it dacarbazine, cannabisoil or none of them? When I started Keytruda I finished cannabisoil.  Like you I now take opiates, hate it but it takes away most of the pain. I am going to test Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS, having a demonstration this wednesday. I have read all your posts over the years and they have inspired me to go on. Since I read your post this morning I have been thinking of writing to you. Now in the middle of the night i read a post that you are in hospital. I really hope they can help you to get your spirit back. I am amazed that a complete stranger so fare away (I live in Sweden) can affect you so much as you do. 
                                                                                                                            Warm hugs to you/Inger
                                                                                                                              tschmith
                                                                                                                              Participant

Artie,

I don't know what to say other that you are in God's hands.  I hate that you're suffering so much day in and day out.  You are an inspiration in every way.  Lean on all of us and we will provide hope, pray for you, send positive vibes, …..

So many people care!!!!!

Blessings, Artie

Terrie

tschmith
                                                                                                                                Participant

Artie,

I don't know what to say other that you are in God's hands.  I hate that you're suffering so much day in and day out.  You are an inspiration in every way.  Lean on all of us and we will provide hope, pray for you, send positive vibes, …..

So many people care!!!!!

Blessings, Artie

Terrie

tschmith
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Artie,

So many people care!!!!!

Blessings, Artie

Terrie

Ninniditti
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Hi Artie!

My situation is a little like yours, but me beeing 66 years old make a lot difference to accept it all. I love LIFE but can accept the end of it. 
                                                                                                                                    I know you have written about cannabisoil willing to try it. I have had it in periods for two years ( Rick Simpsons recip). I can't say it reduced my pain, nor killed cancercells. It's diffycult to know which one is working if you take more than one drug. I took it all the time I was on Dacarbazine. The tumours were stable for one year and one tiny tumour in my lung diasappeared. Was it dacarbazine, cannabisoil or none of them? When I started Keytruda I finished cannabisoil.  Like you I now take opiates, hate it but it takes away most of the pain. I am going to test Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS, having a demonstration this wednesday. I have read all your posts over the years and they have inspired me to go on. Since I read your post this morning I have been thinking of writing to you. Now in the middle of the night i read a post that you are in hospital. I really hope they can help you to get your spirit back. I am amazed that a complete stranger so fare away (I live in Sweden) can affect you so much as you do. 
                                                                                                                                    Warm hugs to you/Inger
                                                                                                                                    Ninniditti
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Hi Artie!

Warm hugs to you/Inger
                                                                                                                                  Viewing 41 reply threads
                                                                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics