The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Lung involvement

Forums General Melanoma Community Lung involvement

Participant

Hi 

I been lurking for a while and rooting for you all with lots of prayers and positive energy. I just finished four rounds of ipi just had scans and now there are new lesions on my lungs. New choice is a trial with Nivo and Dab Tram or Keytruda? 

This is a MDA trail. Has anyone tried it or any thoughts?

thanks 

vicki

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Sorry Vicki!  Here's a post with lots of links within….that addresses immunotherapy combined with BRAF/MEK:  http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2016/11/brafmek-combined-with-immunotherapy.html

It looks pretty promising.  Hang in there!  Celeste

Bubbles
          Participant

Sorry Vicki!  Here's a post with lots of links within….that addresses immunotherapy combined with BRAF/MEK:  http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2016/11/brafmek-combined-with-immunotherapy.html

Bubbles
            Participant

vickiaa0529
                Participant

I'm leaning towards this one 

once again thanks for the info 

vickiaa0529
                  Participant

vickiaa0529
                    Participant

Charlie S
                    Participant

Hi ya, VickiLurk………….**smile**

The trouble with IPI is that , if it is going to work, it takes a long time to tell and that is frustrating.

Now, what about the lung lesions.  

They are bilateral?  Both lungs and what size and how many?

Are any of them operative?

Are you symptomatic in any way?  Coughing, trouble breathing, congestion, shortness of breath?

Oh yeah………………..and who won the World Series in 1939?

Just kidding, sorry for the questions.

I did ipilimumab a few times and was not impressed; then again I am not easily impressed.  Did not work for a lung met.

Ended up having a wedge dissection in my right lung.    That worked.

Well (sigh) for a bit; anyway after several attempts of living better through chemistry in many ways (IL2) the drug dealer hit me up with Keytruda.

So far, after shooting up four times my body is not driving me crazy.

I have personal experience with MDA and they are great.  

But juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust as a consideration, outside of surgery what is the argument not to try Keytruda right now.

If it works, it can show results in 60 days or less.

I do not know whether doing Keytruda colors the trial enrollment you are speaking of.

It is fair to say though that Keytruda alone is working for some; no not all, but NO treatment is.

Just thinking outloud.

I live by myself so the noise doesn't bother me.

I wish you well.

Cheers,

Charlie

vickiaa0529
                        Participant

Hi 

No symptoms whatsoever. My CT experience yesterday was a nightmare I got there at 10:30 am and did not get back to the hotel until 7:30pm. Needless to say all of my results were not in just the images. Small lesions on both lungs the right lung appeared to be about an inch? Ish. Surgery was not an option. It seems like combining the BRAF drugs with Nivo may be the hammer to knock this to the curb. But Keytruda would fit my lifestyle better. I do not want to live in Houston for three years. I'm longing to go back to Seattle. 

Cheers

vicki

Charlie S
                          Participant

You are not an experiment, you are Vicki.

You are Vicki.

How you live to be Vicki is the best for you.

Cheers,

Charlie S

Charlie S
                            Participant

You are Vicki.

Cheers,

Charlie S

Charlie S
                              Participant

You are Vicki.

Cheers,

Charlie S

vickiaa0529
                                Participant

That is true ! Thanks 

vickiaa0529
                                  Participant

That is true ! Thanks 

vickiaa0529
                                    Participant

That is true ! Thanks 

adriana cooper
                                      Participant

Why not return to Seattle? Have you been working with someone there after Dr. Byrd ( a great man, BTW) Maybe contact me off list if you like. [email protected] Adriana has been at SCCA since 2012.

Rob

adriana cooper
                                        Participant

Why not return to Seattle? Have you been working with someone there after Dr. Byrd ( a great man, BTW) Maybe contact me off list if you like. [email protected] Adriana has been at SCCA since 2012.

Rob

adriana cooper
                                          Participant

Rob

vickiaa0529
                                            Participant

Hi 

No symptoms whatsoever. My CT experience yesterday was a nightmare I got there at 10:30 am and did not get back to the hotel until 7:30pm. Needless to say all of my results were not in just the images. Small lesions on both lungs the right lung appeared to be about an inch? Ish. Surgery was not an option. It seems like combining the BRAF drugs with Nivo may be the hammer to knock this to the curb. But Keytruda would fit my lifestyle better. I do not want to live in Houston for three years. I'm longing to go back to Seattle. 

Cheers

vicki

vickiaa0529
                                              Participant

Hi 

Cheers

vicki

Charlie S
                                              Participant

The trouble with IPI is that , if it is going to work, it takes a long time to tell and that is frustrating.

Are you symptomatic in any way?  Coughing, trouble breathing, congestion, shortness of breath?

I did ipilimumab a few times and was not impressed; then again I am not easily impressed.  Did not work for a lung met.

Well (sigh) for a bit; anyway after several attempts of living better through chemistry in many ways (IL2) the drug dealer hit me up with Keytruda.

But juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust as a consideration, outside of surgery what is the argument not to try Keytruda right now.

I do not know whether doing Keytruda colors the trial enrollment you are speaking of.

It is fair to say though that Keytruda alone is working for some; no not all, but NO treatment is.

Just thinking outloud.

I wish you well.

Cheers,

Charlie

Charlie S
                                                Participant

Just thinking outloud.

I wish you well.

Cheers,

Charlie

Mat
                                                  Participant

It is possible to combine those meds off trial with cooperation from your onc.

Mat
                                                    Participant

vickiaa0529
                                                        Participant

Really that would be awesome more flexibility 

thanks 

vickiaa0529
                                                          Participant

thanks 

vickiaa0529
                                                            Participant

thanks 

Mat
                                                            Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics