The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Lung Biopsy Results

Forums General Melanoma Community Lung Biopsy Results

Participant

Hello brothers & sisters, just checkin' in with ya's to give you all my latest "happening's" if ya will. ok,as some are already aware , my Oct 23rd date for surgery was canceled because now theres to many tumors, so he ordered a biopsy CT Guided to my left lung, did that,  results show it is Melanoma, we kinda already knew it by the shape {nice & round balls} so, im NOT possitive Braff so i qualify for Pembro! iv read & heard so much good results from folks like you all, i brought it up to my Oncologist and shes behind it 100%! {i saw her last week} so, shes ordered test's, CT {with bone scan}, MRI {w/brain focus} and PET plus deeper blood work, all has to be completed by Nov 15th {2017} so as our brother Tex calls it, "Lets Get This Party Started"!!..im so ready to start this fight once & for all guys, ive been doing this like some of you for a awhile now {since 2008} with 6 surgeries to date & them damn tumors keep coming back! so now its time, therapy is eminent, my boots are laced up, my veins are ready for IV's & my Sony Walkman {MP3 player} is loaded with fight songs! for those of you who dont know me {iv been a member only a few months} my Melanoma has worked its way from my left leg {including groin lymphnodes} all 6 surgeries in left leg,now its in both lungs, the right has quite a few tumors,  little ones are "mm" in size and the one bigger one is now 2.4cm. My left lung has quite a few little ones "mm" in size, and the bigger one is now 1.4cm. So, time is of the essence & its on! im still ever thankfull of you guys & gals here at MRF, we WILL WIN THIS FIGHT! THROUGH OUR SHARED TREATMENT, WE WILL HELP TO FIND THE RIGHT COMBONATION FOR A CURE! love ya guys…Mike

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        TexMelanomex
        Participant

Big Mike!

Very happy for you man, I'm glad that its time to "Get the party started!". From my perspective, waiting is the worst part of this whole thing. When I can do something, anything, to make progress I'm at my happiest. I crave the fight with this bastard, and will continue to crave it until the battle is won. It might sound weird but when I'm taking the injections or infusions I actually try to visualize my white blood cells destroying the cancer, I'm not sure it does anything put it definitely puts a smile on my face visualizing the Melanoma being ravaged by my immune system. I even found some images of Melanoma cells being destroyed and put those images on my phone so I have a clear mental picture (I know, I know, to each his own…maybe its the Soldier in me). 

Anyway, keep us posted this week as you get all your war preparation completed…soon it will be time!

Hope you are having a relaxing weekend and enjoying life Mike!

jrtufo
          Participant

The Keytruda has helped so many people, keeping a mighty thought that it will help you too.

MelanomaMike
            Participant
              Thank you all! And yes i will be lettin you all know whats going on as it happens, like Tex said, (and Tom Petty for that matter) “The Waiting Is the Hardest Part”…im so ready! Tomarrows my Bone scan (CT type) so, 2 more scans after that, the 15th cannot come sooner…love ya guys, id be lost without you…Mike..
              NancyGM
              Participant

Hi MIke, I am a long term stage IV survivor…just wanted to offer hope. There are so many good immunotherapy treatments out there now since my stage IV progression in 2007. I did a chemo pill called Temodar. My tumor was in my mediastinum and could not be resected. Wishing you the very best of luck.

MelanomaMike
                  Participant

Thank you Nancy for your best wishes, im gunna need it!..and thank God yer going strong today! this has all been a "nightmare" of sorts, i have gotten use to it in the past month or so, especiallty since my last visit with my oncologist, we have a game plan now!…take care, will chat soon im sure!

Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics