The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Looking For Some Inspiration

Forums General Melanoma Community Looking For Some Inspiration

Participant

Hello,

I started Mekinist and Tafinlar today and I'm looking for some positive stories from people who are having success with this treatment.  I am 35 years old and stage 4.

Thanks

Mark

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        MattF
        Participant

i had a good 8 month run and shrunk everything while it worked!

then jumped to Ipi

M

newmanmark
            Participant

Thanks Matt.  I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work longer for you.  Did you have many side effects with the combo?  Also, how did you do on Ipi?

Mark

newmanmark
              Participant

Thanks Matt.  I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work longer for you.  Did you have many side effects with the combo?  Also, how did you do on Ipi?

Mark

newmanmark
                Participant

Mark

MattF
                Participant

then jumped to Ipi

M

MattF
                  Participant

then jumped to Ipi

M

Mat
                    Participant

I had an 18 mos run on Taf and Mek with few and manageable side effects.  See my prior posts.  Good luck.

Mat
                      Participant

I had an 18 mos run on Taf and Mek with few and manageable side effects.  See my prior posts.  Good luck.

Mat
                        Participant

bonusfries
                          Participant

Mark, you saved me from starting a new thread, so everyone thanks you in advance. I'm in your age range and one month ahead of you on the Taf + Mek combo.

So far so good. Only two rashes, left ankle (gone in two days) and right calf (one week and counting). Two small bouts of chills, both gone within an hour. Only one fever, again gone within an hour after taking Tylenol.

The fatigue side effects have been the most noticeable, but hard to isolate how much is from this medicine. Overall I've felt very good, can work full-time, but have needed more sleep than usual and had some real 'stay in bed' days. I underwent SRS follow-up treatments after a craniotomy during this first month, and I think they are the biggest contributor to the fatigue.

Stay well hydrated, stay active, and your days will be very close to normal. Good luck to you and I'm hoping for clear scans in your future.

newmanmark
                              Participant

Thanks for replying Bonusfries!  It's nice to know I'm not the only one out here on this therapy.  Good luck to you as well.

Mark

newmanmark
                                Participant

Thanks for replying Bonusfries!  It's nice to know I'm not the only one out here on this therapy.  Good luck to you as well.

Mark

newmanmark
                                  Participant

Mark

bonusfries
                                  Participant

Mark, you saved me from starting a new thread, so everyone thanks you in advance. I'm in your age range and one month ahead of you on the Taf + Mek combo.

So far so good. Only two rashes, left ankle (gone in two days) and right calf (one week and counting). Two small bouts of chills, both gone within an hour. Only one fever, again gone within an hour after taking Tylenol.

The fatigue side effects have been the most noticeable, but hard to isolate how much is from this medicine. Overall I've felt very good, can work full-time, but have needed more sleep than usual and had some real 'stay in bed' days. I underwent SRS follow-up treatments after a craniotomy during this first month, and I think they are the biggest contributor to the fatigue.

Stay well hydrated, stay active, and your days will be very close to normal. Good luck to you and I'm hoping for clear scans in your future.

bonusfries
                                    Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics