The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Looking for Melanoma support group in Tulsa, Oklahoma

Forums General Melanoma Community Looking for Melanoma support group in Tulsa, Oklahoma

Participant

I am a 65 year old male, married and I am on Peginterferon a/k/a Sylatron and have been since July 2011.  I am looking for someone that is going through this same treatment to talk to.  Hopefully, I can find a support group.  If not, I am willing to start one. 

Thanks,

Jim

I am a 65 year old male, married and I am on Peginterferon a/k/a Sylatron and have been since July 2011.  I am looking for someone that is going through this same treatment to talk to.  Hopefully, I can find a support group.  If not, I am willing to start one. 

Thanks,

Jim

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        eaca
        Participant

Jim,

I'm in Houston, not in Tulsa, but I thought I would say hi anyway and wish you the best on your treatment.  I've been on Peginterferon since beginning of September and it's starting to wear me down some.  Mainly fatigue and some dizziness.  So far I've been able to continue working without too much trouble, but I'm worried that might change over the coming weeks.

I hope you find some local support for yourself, and that you can stay positive about this fight.  Feel free to share your situation and questions, if you like.  It's nice to know there are others out there going through something similar.

Best wishes,

Elisa

MichaelFL
            Participant

Here is a link to a guide of services in OK. It is called the Oklahoma Cancer Resource Guide. http://www.okpcbc.org/downloads/CancerGuide/CancerGuide-booklet.pdf

Maybe you can find what you are looking for. Although it does not have anything specifically for melanoma, as to a specific support group, it covers resources and support groups for all cancers.

Good luck with the interferon.

(my uncle lives in Muskogee-Oklahoma is OK!)

MichaelFL
              Participant

Here is a link to a guide of services in OK. It is called the Oklahoma Cancer Resource Guide. http://www.okpcbc.org/downloads/CancerGuide/CancerGuide-booklet.pdf

Maybe you can find what you are looking for. Although it does not have anything specifically for melanoma, as to a specific support group, it covers resources and support groups for all cancers.

MichaelFL
                Participant

ezygoin686
                  Participant

Thanks for your reply.I have been on Peginterferon since July, 8 weeks of mega does then cut in half since. I get my shot on Thursday and usually spend couple of days on the couch and then up and at em. 🙂 No sickness just fatigue and dizziness like yourself.Just now starting to see a little rash on chest and back. Good luck with your treatments! If you need someone to talk to feel free to e-mail me. Please put something about treatments in subject matter so I won't delete you………..  P.S are you taking anything for depression? They started me on Paxil just as a precausion, no problems so far.

ezygoin686
                    Participant

Thanks for your reply.I have been on Peginterferon since July, 8 weeks of mega does then cut in half since. I get my shot on Thursday and usually spend couple of days on the couch and then up and at em. 🙂 No sickness just fatigue and dizziness like yourself.Just now starting to see a little rash on chest and back. Good luck with your treatments! If you need someone to talk to feel free to e-mail me. Please put something about treatments in subject matter so I won't delete you………..  P.S are you taking anything for depression? They started me on Paxil just as a precausion, no problems so far.

ezygoin686
                      Participant

eaca
                      Participant

Jim,

I'm in Houston, not in Tulsa, but I thought I would say hi anyway and wish you the best on your treatment.  I've been on Peginterferon since beginning of September and it's starting to wear me down some.  Mainly fatigue and some dizziness.  So far I've been able to continue working without too much trouble, but I'm worried that might change over the coming weeks.

I hope you find some local support for yourself, and that you can stay positive about this fight.  Feel free to share your situation and questions, if you like.  It's nice to know there are others out there going through something similar.

Best wishes,

Elisa

eaca
                        Participant

Jim,

Best wishes,

Elisa

erb
                          Participant
                            Hi. My husband has has 4 months of sylatron. 2 high dose months and 2 low dose months. 8 more to go. He has depression and anxiety meds. Also prescribed ritalin the otber day. He is really tired all the time and has major problems concentrating. Email me at [email protected]
                              ezygoin686
                              Participant

Hello, I’m going through the same treatments. I’ve been since July. The depression thing and fatigue was my worst enemy 🙁 I have switched meds from paxil to cymbalta and have great results, no more pain in legs and hips. 30 mg. Per day. I have 1 shot on Thur. And stay on the couch that day and rest over the weekend, back to work on Monday.I take a vitamin called Core 1Daily and it seems to help but I still get pretty tired by days end. Thanks for any info you have, hopefully we can help each other through this time in our life.Stay positive!!!                   
                                                                       Sincerely  Jim Wolfe 
                                Sent from my iPhone

ezygoin686
                                Participant

Hello, I’m going through the same treatments. I’ve been since July. The depression thing and fatigue was my worst enemy 🙁 I have switched meds from paxil to cymbalta and have great results, no more pain in legs and hips. 30 mg. Per day. I have 1 shot on Thur. And stay on the couch that day and rest over the weekend, back to work on Monday.I take a vitamin called Core 1Daily and it seems to help but I still get pretty tired by days end. Thanks for any info you have, hopefully we can help each other through this time in our life.Stay positive!!!                   
                                                                         Sincerely  Jim Wolfe 
                                  Sent from my iPhone

ezygoin686
                                  Participant

Sincerely  Jim Wolfe 
                                    Sent from my iPhone

erb
                                  Participant
                                    Hi. My husband has has 4 months of sylatron. 2 high dose months and 2 low dose months. 8 more to go. He has depression and anxiety meds. Also prescribed ritalin the otber day. He is really tired all the time and has major problems concentrating. Email me at [email protected]
                                    erb
                                    Participant
                                  Viewing 5 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics