The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Liver toxicity after one dose of pembro, any similar experiences?

Forums General Melanoma Community Liver toxicity after one dose of pembro, any similar experiences?

Participant
      Started pembro 3 weeks ago. I went in yesterday for round 2 but liver enzymes were too high. I was but on high dose prednisone for a month with weekly blood tests. My doc says liver problems usually take a few months to show up if they’re going to happen. I’ve also been told it’s a good sign that the pembro is stimulating my immune system. Anybody have a similar situation? Were you able to restart immunotherapy? How effective was it on your melanoma?
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        WithinMySkin
        Participant
          I only made it through 2 rounds of Ipi/Nivo (about 3 weeks time) before I had gastritis, colitis, and high liver enzymes. Same as you, I went on steroids. I had an in-transit in my leg the size of a golfball that they purposely left so I’d be considered unresected stage 3C, my insurance would approve the treatment, and my immune system would have a blueprint to attack. I literally saw the in-transit melt away in week 3 before the side effects started. Normal treatment would then be Nivo alone, but my onc didn’t want to risk it since I responded so quickly. NED for over 2 years now, 3 year scans coming up in July (fingers and toes crossed for clean scans!!) So yeah, a quick body response is a good sign in my book!!

Health and happiness,
          Lauren

MelMel
            Participant
              Lauren what treatment did you get after two dual drug infusions? I am in the same boat but my tumors although greatly reduced did not completely shrink so now I am on Opdivo alone.
              Melanie
        Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics