The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Lesions and Yervoy (IPI)

Forums General Melanoma Community Lesions and Yervoy (IPI)

Participant

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

My father has in transit lesions a year after surgery to remove tumor on his right heel. These lesions mostly on his calf and they are popping up on his skin so you can see them (not sure if cuteanous is the right word).  He started his first dose of Yervoy (IPI) almost three weeks ago.  Since that infusion, his lesions have started drying up alot.  There is one that is quiet big and the skin around it is so dry that it started cracking and bleeding.  I was wondering if anyone has similar experience and what recommendations you have.  It is not bleeding alot and it doesnt cause him pain but we are concerned about infection. We were hoping that since the lesions are drying, they would start falling off.  We have taken pictures and sent them to his Dr. and waiting to hear back.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Chau

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        FormerCaregiver
        Participant

Chau, I think that the lesions should be cared for just like any other wounds. Infection is always a possibility, so I hope that the doctor will suggest what you should do.

Hope this helps.

Frank from Australia

cwu
            Participant

Frank, we received instructions from the doctor on how to tend to the lesion. Thanks!

Chau

cwu
              Participant

Frank, we received instructions from the doctor on how to tend to the lesion. Thanks!

Chau

cwu
                Participant

Chau

FormerCaregiver
                Participant

Chau, I think that the lesions should be cared for just like any other wounds. Infection is always a possibility, so I hope that the doctor will suggest what you should do.

Hope this helps.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                  Participant

Hope this helps.

Frank from Australia

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics