The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Left Breast Lump

Forums General Melanoma Community Left Breast Lump

Participant
      Hey all!

Just seeking some guidance from anyone on here who may have experienced this…. I have been in remission for two years now.

A couple months ago after doing a self exam I noticed a lump on my breast that felt deep. I knew that I had a dermatology appointment coming up so I would have them check it. They wanted me to go ahead and get further testing. I am having a mammogram and ultra sound this Wednesday and I am a nervous wreck. I know the possibilities are endless, but I am having a hard time with this…

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        tedtell1
        Participant
          JJK17;
          I saw no one had replied so I just wanted to chime in. I have no personal experience in what you are experiencing but I can imagine how scary and nervous you feel. First: deep breaths…..my pastor has to remind me on scan week: it’s nothing until it’s something. I try to follow that (not always well). I figure my worrying about it won’t make a difference and it might even make my health worse as worry increases the bad chemicals in our bodies. I hope and pray that your mammogram shows nothing of any significance and the ultrasound too! Hang in there and be sure to update us when you get results!
          Blessings,
          Ted
            jjk17
            Participant
              Ted! Thank you so very much for replying.

Those are very good words to live by. I really do appreciate it. Deep breaths are a must!!

MelMel
            Participant
              I agree with Ted…. It’s nothing until it’s something!
              Being a woman, I am aware that many have dense breast tissue and can have cysts some of which are related to your period cycle and which may resolve on their own.
              However, when in doubt get it checked out and it sounds like you are doing that.
              Hopefully it’s nothing and you can get this off your mind for good.
              Melanie
                jjk17
                Participant
                  Thank you Melanie! The possibilities are endless, especially for a woman! I appreciate your reply!!
                DoubleTT
                Participant
                  hi….just wanted to chime in and give you a big hug to help lessen your worrying…let us know what happens…everyone here especially the alumni are always here for you..they have been so kind to me
                    jjk17
                    Participant
                      Thank you so very much. I am ready to get this over with.

I am so grateful for this group….everyone is always so kind and listens to our worries/ fears no matter what.

I will for sure keep you all posted!

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics